NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I keep hoping someone in the maternal family is hiding Patrick. That's at least is better than the alternatives.

Keeping Patrick in our prayers. I keeping checking hoping for good news.

I wish I still had hope for Patrick. Last I read, LE was leaning towards a stranger abduction.

I don't think the foster parents are allowed to restrain the child. My friends that foster have stated that they can do time out, but they are not even allowed to pop a child on the hand for misbehavior.

That may be true. But according to the foster mom's story, she didn't even see Patrick take off. Either her back was turned, or she was upstairs taking a phone call (different stories). She apparently didn't even have the chance to restrain him if she had wanted to.

That may be true. But according to the foster mom's story, she didn't even see Patrick take off. Either her back was turned, or she was upstairs taking a phone call (different stories). She apparently didn't even have the chance to restrain him if she had wanted to.

When A child threatens to run away you don't send them out with the garbage.......:waitasec:

SAD that we have no news about this child :(

This is sooooooooooo true! And it raises the hinky meter. I believe somewhere in in here there is an article that says the foster mom was cleared. But still I have a hard time with all the changing stories and no Patrick!

Salem

This is sooooooooooo true! And it raises the hinky meter. I believe somewhere in in here there is an article that says the foster mom was cleared. But still I have a hard time with all the changing stories and no Patrick!

Salem

I would have broken that stupid rule. I'd rather lose a paycheck than a child.
Someone should have been watching the other kids in the apartment, why did she choose to take him and only him ?

I would have broken that stupid rule. I'd rather lose a paycheck than a child.
Someone should have been watching the other kids in the apartment, why did she choose to take him and only him ?

Yeh, if I thought he was going to run or get hurt, I would have to restrain, too. Maybe she took him by himself because that was his "new" chore/job? Or maybe it was a "treat" to get to go outside at night?? I don't know just trying to think of things that a little boy might think was cool, fun or out of the ordinary.

Thanks for bumping for Patrick, Texas. He has been gone nearly 2 months now. :(

I just can't see how he could be 'hidden' away w/ relatives in the NYC area & no one has found out about it by now....the reward $$ is enough to get people talking, don't ya think?

I have this awful feeling something terrible has happened.....I hope he's safe, but it's getting harder to believe he is. :(

I just can't see how he could be 'hidden' away w/ relatives in the NYC area & no one has found out about it by now....the reward $$ is enough to get people talking, don't ya think?

I have this awful feeling something terrible has happened.....I hope he's safe, but it's getting harder to believe he is. :(

I do not think that Patrick is currently living with relatives in NYC. I would assume that LE and child services have a pretty good idea who the circle of family is and that these people have been observed and maybe even phone tapped in the weeks after. This does not mean that they were not involved initially, but I don't think the kid is in NYC. Some of the reports indicated there was out of state family that they were suspicious of and I think they mentioned Baltimore and Florida.

All that being said, some of the early reports said that dogs picked up Patrick's scent leading to the Belt Parkway, although some later said they followed it to a bus stop. I am inclined to think that perhaps one of my early hunches was correct - he wanted to get to Staten Island and someone (a stranger) offered him a ride. Where he is now is anyone's guess.

Two months today. Come home soon, Patrick.

candleflame.jpg

Some additional photos of our darling Patrick. Found on a public Facebook page that may belong to bio-mom. (We've posted photos from MySpace and Facebook before, so I think this is okay, but if it's not, let me know.)

Attachments

• Alford_Patrick5 blur.jpg
    Alford_Patrick5 blur.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Alford_Patrick 6.jpg
    Alford_Patrick 6.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Alford_Patrick 4.jpg
    Alford_Patrick 4.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 21
AMW is doing Patrick's case tonight...where on earth can he be? Someone knows...

The story they told on AMW was the one about the phone ringing and foster-mom having to go back to answer it. They said authorities believe that is when Patrick, dressed in his t-shirt and jeans, ran down 10 flights of stairs and into the cold.

thanks Idaho for your devotion to Patrick, I wish I had something to add but it seems there is a lack of information and no where to turn. I am continuing to pray for this sweet boy, hopefully we will here something soon.

Thinking of Patrick and his little sister tonight. Ditto to your comments above, butterfly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member