NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news at all. :(

But, even if Patrick is not alive, he needs to be found. We will hope that he is alive and they get a good lead to bring him home safe. But if that's not the case, then hopefully this will be the tip (if it was a tip) to bring him home.

How far away is this from where he went missing? I can look when I get home from work, but if anyone knows off hand, that'd be great. Seems like they are finding some things, just not sure if they are significant at this point.

NYPD revives search for missing foster child Patrick Alford; 100 cops deployed to seek leads

More than 100 police officers began sweeping a desolate swath of parkland near the Brooklyn-Queens border Wednesday in a desperate search for a 7-year-old foster boy missing for more than two months.

[snip]

Bones were found near the shoreline around 10 a.m. but it was not immediately clear if they were human or animal, police said.

"This is all about letting the family know we haven't forgotten about him," said NYPD Deputy Chief Steven Silks.

"We don't have any new leads or tips, we're just expanding our search. There's not going to be any leaf, any stone left unturned here."

Other bones were found scattered throughout the massive park but investigators cautioned that the weeds - some of which grow up to 10 feet high - are littered with remains of small animals.

Search teams from the city and federal Parks Departments were assisting with the search. A shovel was found buried under a piece of plywood in the park but its significance was not clear.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/07/2010-04-07_nypd_revives_search_for_missing_foster_child_patrick_alford_100_cops_deployed_to.html#ixzz0kRPhjUrJ

I think Gateway Park is about a mile from where foster mom lived, Idaho.

I hope they find some clues in their search today and I hope it doesn't end like Aja. :(

Okay we now have an address for the park. According to Google maps, if you follow the roads, it's about 4 miles away from Patrick's apartments. Searching the Howard Beach area of Spring Creek Park...if I'm understanding correctly.

Interesting that the route follows the Belt Parkway, where they originally said they traced Patrick's scent to. Not sure if that's true, since the reports have been changing. But still interesting, either way.

http://www.ny1.com/8-queens-news-co...6/search-intensifies-for-missing-foster-child

The search is taking place in the area of Cross Bay Boulevard and 165th Avenue in Howard Beach.

Sources say they found remains, but they are believed to be of a dog and a homeless person.

Attachments

• search map.jpg
    search map.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 11
I do not understand why his mother is still in jail on contempt. It is obvious that she does not know where Patrick is, and common sense would tell you that if she kidnapped him, she would want to be with him not in jail, so she would have said by now where he is and gone to court to win custody back.

There is a little boy on my sons baseball team, and I swear he could pass for Patricks twin, he is even the same age. Only problem is I live in Alabama so I dont beleive its him, but I'm definately going to ask some questions at practice to see if this boy has always lived around here.

I do not understand why his mother is still in jail on contempt. It is obvious that she does not know where Patrick is, and common sense would tell you that if she kidnapped him, she would want to be with him not in jail, so she would have said by now where he is and gone to court to win custody back.

There is a little boy on my sons baseball team, and I swear he could pass for Patricks twin, he is even the same age. Only problem is I live in Alabama so I dont beleive its him, but I'm definately going to ask some questions at practice to see if this boy has always lived around here.

That article is incorrect. She was released on 2/2 by the judge after she passed a lie detector test.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...g_son_7_released_from_jail_after_lie_det.html

Hunt for B'klyn boy hits a wall

An exhaustive NYPD effort to find a missing 7-year-old Brooklyn boy has come up totally empty, leaving investigators baffled and frustrated, police sources said yesterday.

More than 500 detective reports have been filed since Patrick Alford vanished on Jan. 22 from his foster family's home in Starrett City.

All 6,000 residents of the complex have been interviewed, and police have scoured hundreds of acres of empty parkland near Jamaica Bay, on the Brooklyn-Queens border, without turning up a trace of Patrick.

I assume it "disappeared".

My guess would be, either Patrick got on a bus or in a car. Or the dogs just lost it for an unknown reason. Or it's completely wrong. Since they originally said they traced it to the Belt Parkway...

Who knows.

Search for missing boy reaches desparate levels

Cops are getting desperate in their ongoing search for little Patrick Alford.

After exhausting almost every possible lead, cops underwent the morbid duty of “beating the weeds” along the Brooklyn-Queens border near his foster family’s Starrett City/Spring Creek apartment building for the child’s remains.

Over 100 officers joined in the April 8 search, which turned up nothing but animal bones, according to an NYPD spokesman.

[snip]

Police dogs tracked his scent to a bus stop two blocks away. From there, this case doesn’t become cold, it freezes over, with no one biting at a $12,000 reward for information about the child’s whereabouts or anyone involved in his disappearance.

[snip]

Anyone with information about his disappearance or current whereabouts is urged to contact police at (800) 577-TIPS.

http://www.yournabe.com/articles/20...front_page-cn_alfordmissing_2010_04_16_bk.txt

No new information, but a new article.

Cops search Howard Beach for missing Brooklyn boy

A frantic search for a Brooklyn foster child missing for nearly three months led police to a grassy area of Howard Beach last week, but all that turned up was dog remains, police said.

[snip]

Patrick’s distraught biological mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, stood on the sidewalk by 165th Avenue near Spring Creek as officers on horseback searched through tall grass for her son last week.

“I’m just devastated. I need my son. I believe he’s alive out there. They need to bring him home. I can’t live without my son. How am I supposed to live?” said Rodriguez, 23, who lives on Staten Island.

http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2010/04/15/queens/qns_hb_boy_search_20100415.txt

WOW!! Still nothing :waitasec: :sick:
Come home little Patric.....:angel:

3 months and 3 days and still nothing....
Praying for Patrick to come home.

It's confusing. First we are told Patric was tracked to the Beltway - now it appears S&R dogs tracked him to a bus stop.

If we had known that 3 months ago, it may have helped focus the posting of flyers, etc.

Patric I really hope you are okay and safe, sweetie!

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member