NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't followed Patrick's story from the start, because I wasn't on here and hadn't heard of it until recently. In going over the threads I didn't see much about the foster family. Were they cleared without a shadow of a doubt?

I haven't followed Patrick's story from the start, because I wasn't on here and hadn't heard of it until recently. In going over the threads I didn't see much about the foster family. Were they cleared without a shadow of a doubt?

I don't believe *anyone* was ever officially cleared of anything. No suspects, though, either.

Patrick we are praying for you to be found. Our hope is with you wherever you are. Our love is with you. Please be found. Please be safe. You've been gone too long.

Heard about this last night but had to wait for a MSM article. :( Sooooo sad. I hate to even think that Patrick's little sister could end up back in foster care, where lil' Patrick disappeared from. Sending so many positive thoughts for Patrick Sr.'s full and speedy recovery.

Another candle-lighting page for Patrick Sr. - http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=PatSR

Another article about Patrick Sr.

Patrick Alford Sr., dad of missing boy Patrick Alford Jr., is shot in home invasion

A dad suspected of drug dealing and whose son has been missing for nearly two years was shot Monday in a home invasion gone awry, police sources said.

[snip]

Two of Alford’s other children, a 6-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy, ran and ducked for cover when shots started flying around 4:15 p.m. Monday, the source said.

I will refrain from saying what I really want to say right now, and just say that I hope Patrick Sr. makes a full recovery. I do, however, wish he had made some better choices for his children, whom he will probably now lose.

Marijauna? Do people shoot over that stuff? I guess I'm out of tune with drug culture, because back in the day marijuana was not high-dollar enough to be associated with all that much violence.

I don't know. I guess I'm not that caught up with drug culture either, but I suppose if anyone thinks they are owed some money, or need drugs but can't pay for them, might start shooting. Seems a little dramatic though.

But I just can't see anyone pulling out a gun because the guy was putting up flyers, either...

Of course, I don't understand why people shoot each other in the first place. *shrugs*

Vigil%20for%20Child%20RapistCop%20Killer%20Lovelle%20Mixon%20Tonight.jpg

Why would anyone shoot him over him putting up flyers for his missing son? I do not believe that story from the attorney.

If there was pot for sale in that home, it could be worth from 1000 to 10, 000 bucks. Plenty of dealers get shot over that kind of money. But often it is over other disputes, like customer territory or drug debts. Plenty of dealers get behind by smoking up the product or not collecting from all their customers. Things can get ugly really fast.

I think of Patrick often. What a smile he has. I pray that he is safe somewhere, and I hope his siblings are given a chance for a normal life. Children are so precious-too often,they are lost like Patrick, and it breaks my heart. God Bless you, Patrick. Many people are still thinking about you, and praying for you.

Pat S

For those checking in after a long hiatus to Patrick's case, or anyone new to the case, here is a brief synopsis... I wrote this last year, but not much has changed, unfortunately, since then. Just substitute (2) years for (1) year.

On a cold, January night one year ago, seven-year-old Patrick Alford left his apartment complex in the Starrett City section of Brooklyn, New York wearing nothing but a red t-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers. He had reportedly slipped away from his foster mother while taking out the trash between 8:00-9:00 pm.

The ensuing search for Patrick has been called one of the biggest in New York history. Helicopters, search dogs, and over 100 officers have looked for the young boy. Over 14,000 people were interviewed, including all 6,000 residents of the apartment complex Patrick disappeared from. An additional 214 buildings were searched, and 9,100 doors were knocked on. Seven registered sex offenders near the apartment complex were interviewed, as were 28 bus drivers, seven Brooklyn car service employees, and 21 family members, friends, and acquaintances. Eighty-one surveillance videos were analyzed, including one video from a Manhattan terminal of the Staten Island Ferry that showed a boy fitting Patrick’s description being led away by a woman. Patrick’s family says that the boy is not Patrick. A situation room was even devoted to Patrick at the precinct house. His case has appeared on America’s Most Wanted three times. His scent was traced to a bus stop two blocks away from the apartment complex. Yet, a year later, the seven-year-old has yet to be found.

By all accounts, Patrick was a little boy who missed his mother desperately. Since moving in with his foster family three weeks prior, young Patrick was reportedly very upset. He had even made attempts to flee back to his mother. According to one account, he even threatened to kill himself.

20Lastvisit3.jpg

Patrick and his younger sister had been taken away from their mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, after the 23-year-old had been arrested for shoplifting around Christmas 2009. Upon investigation, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) determined that the children were neglected. Despite offers from Patrick’s father and other family members to care for the children, an ACS judge placed Patrick and his sister in foster care, with a foster mother who spoke very little English.

Patrick’s foster mother, Librada Moran, has reportedly been caring for children for more than 20 years without incident. However, although she has not been removed from the list of approved foster care providers, she has not been given any additional foster children since Patrick disappeared while in her care. Patrick’s younger sister was subsequently removed from the home and placed with her father, who now has custody.

38new.jpg

Shortly after Patrick’s disappearance, his mother was jailed by an ACS judge who insisted that she knew the location of her son. However, she was later released after a polygraph test revealed she had no knowledge of her son’s whereabouts. Jennifer has since filed a lawsuit against New York City, the Administration for Children’s Services, the foster mother, and the apartment complex. Her goal is to get everyone to come together and give testimony under oath in an attempt to uncover the truth about what happened to Patrick.

The three prevailing theories about what happened to the seven-year-old include Patrick being with family members who wanted him back after he was placed in foster care, Patrick dying from exposure to the cold after running away, and Patrick being abducted. Police have a growing fear that Patrick’s case echos that of Etan Patz, a six-year-old boy snatched of the streets of New York on his way to school in 1979. Etan has never been found.

Alford_Patrick2.jpg

Glaring questions surround the coverage of Patrick’s case. Many have asked if his case would have received more media attention if he were white or female. Others question whether the public would have paid more attention had Patrick not been in the foster-care system. Others have blamed his mother for living a life that put Patrick in that situation, and still others have blamed ACS for placing Patrick in foster care instead of with other capable family members. However, as easy as it is to sit back and try to place the blame on someone, anyone, a year later, a now 8-year-old Patrick Alford is still out there…somewhere.

Anyone with information on Patrick’s whereabouts or the circumstances surrounding his disappearance should contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS .(Case BK-1726), the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST, America’s Most Wanted at 1-800-CRIME-TV, police at 212-694-7781, or Detective Borough Brooklyn at 718-287-3239 .

How very sad :(! Where is precious Patrick? I am so sad that our children just go missing in this country. Somebody has to know something. Makes me want to cry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back