Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The one guy was saying he thought she was meeting a love interest. (Pure speculation on his end.)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The one guy was saying he thought she was meeting a love interest. (Pure speculation on his end.)

I didn't think that even after he said it. I still wonder if something happened when she stopped to text her mom?

Sent from my SCH-I545

Can't provide you with a link, but CN posted on her fb page the part the NG Show with Bert Baron saying he sees this as a abduction. He also mentioned the car door open, etc., I think her friends they knew her best have a gut feeling now that she's been abducted.

I didn't think that even after he said it. I still wonder if something happened when she stopped to text her mom?

Sent from my SCH-I545

I was thinking along those lines that someone got in her car then at the bridge when she texted her Mom, but then figured they wouldn't make her drive to the campsite and leave her car running.

:thinking: Any thoughts why an abductor would do that?

I was thinking along those lines that someone got in her car then at the bridge when she texted her Mom, but then figured they wouldn't make her drive to the campsite and leave her car running.

Only thing I can come up with is her trying to get away that morning from someone and was stopped.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I can't wrap my head around that scenario at all. There had to of been tracks (feet/tires) in the dirt somewhere if something happened. They are definitely keeping a lot from the public as of now.

It they put gas in her car so they're able to start it won't they be able to tell the volume of her radio? When I restart my car my volume is always the same as it was when I turned it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I can come up with is her trying to get away that morning from someone and was stopped.

Sent from my SCH-I545
Could she have gone to work the next day, visiting a home as an in home nurse, and something went wrong? Could they have then staged her car, etc, to throw off track

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It they put gas in her car so they're able to start it won't they be able to tell the volume of her radio? When I restart my car my volume is always the same as it was when I turned it off.

Good call...I still want to know if the car was facing the door of the camp.

Take it for or leave it, but I looked for reactions on social media.

Is there only four inches of water in the river currently?

I'm seeing support of what was reported on the NG Show about the car, etc., as being mostly true by a family member CS on social media.

Take it for or leave it, but I looked for reactions on social media.

Is there only four inches of water in the river currently?

I'm seeing support of what was reported on the NG Show about the car, etc., as being mostly true by a family member CS on social media.

I don't know about 4 inches. That might be a bit of an exaggeration. I can attest to the fact that we are having a very dry season. Some towns to the south of me were recently put on water usage restrictions.

Did a bit of digging and this stood out to me. Could the person have met her at the cabin where she was staying and found out her situation to come back almost 2 months later?
610104e7ff7a69ca6623658a3641045f.jpg

Good catch!! Now that I see she posts things for sale makes me wonder if she posted any other items online or on apps like offer up... then who knows who could of found out her living situation..

:bump: This great timeline might save me from having to find a link.

I think she's only been staying or living at the camp site in Wells for one month.

Below is a working timeline for Rachael's disappearance. The information below includes a source for the information in parenthesis. If two or more sources reported the same information, I only listed one source to save space. So if a piece of information only has on source listed, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was the only source that reported said information. I doubt that I was able to include all information reported, so please let me know if I have left something out. The sub bullets (in this case the bullets with no fill) contain information that either deviates, contradicts, or further explains the bullet above it. The blue writing here and at the end of the post are my comments and not part of the timeline.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification about the timeline.

Before Rachael Mattice is Missing

• Originally from Fulton County (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • Recently moved to Wells, NY from Johnstown, NY for new job as a Home Health Aide for Hamilton County (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • This was Rachael’s temporary home (Inquisitr)
  • Rachael’s job as a Home Health Aide is in the area of Wells, NY (Fox News)
  • Rachael lived at family camp alone (Norfolk News Examiner)

Reports about the Mattice Family Campsite In Wells

• Campsite near mountains and right next to the knee-deep west branch of the Sacandaga river (Albany Times Union & Norfolk News Examiner)
  • Only way into campsite is a narrow dirt road (Albany Times Union)
  • The campsite was the Mattice Family’s weekend getaway (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • Living in camper at the campsite (ABC News 10)
  • No cell phone reception at campsite (Albany Times Union & Fox News)
    • Virtually no cell phone reception at campsite (Norfolk News Examiner)

Saturday, June 18, 2016

• Rachael Last Posts on Facebook (ABC News 10)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 – Rachael is last seen

• Left parents home on 6/22 in Johnston, NY, 50 miles away (Albany Times Union)
    • Had dinner Wednesday at parents house in Johnston, NY (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Last contact from Rachael was at dinner on 6/22 (ABC News 10)
    • Last contact with family was on 6/22 (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • Rachael drove Silver Jeep to camper in Wells, NY (Fox News)
  • Rachael is last seen 9:15 PM at family camp in Wells, NY (Albany Times Union)
    • Last seen 6/22 at 9:15pm in Wells, NY (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
    • Last seen 6/22 at family camp on Hernandez road (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
    • Last seen on Wednesday at 9:15 in Wells, NY (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Last seen in downtown wells at 9:15 PM (Fox News)
    • Last seen around 9:15-9:30 in Wells (ABC News 10)
  • Rachael is last heard from when she texted “good night” to her mother on the Lake Algonquin Dam (Albany Times Union)
    • Uncle says Rachael was at dam when she texted mother just before she was last seen on 6/22 (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Sent text from Algonquin Dam saying she had arrived, I love you and goodnight (Norfolk News Examiner)
    • Sent text saying “I’m at the bottom of the hill. Goodnight and I love you.” (Fox News)
  • A Neighbor living on Hernandez Road remembers seeing Rachael’s car arrive at the family camp on the night of the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP], but doesn’t see any other cars, besides Rachael, driving in or out that night (Albany Times Union)

Friday, June 24, 2016 – Rachael is Reported Missing

• Rachael’s father becomes worried after not hearing from Rachael, decides to drive to the family camp in Wells, NY and arrives at the camp in the afternoon (Albany Times Union)
    • Father arrived Friday afternoon and comes to the campsite every weekend (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
    • Father comes to the campsite every Friday (Norfolk News Examiner)
    • Father arrived at the campsite on Friday around 6PM, after not hearing from his daughter (Fox News)
    • Father came to visit Friday, the campsite was normal, but his daughter was gone (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • A family member went to the campsite on Friday (ABC News 10)
    • Rachael went missing while visiting the family’s cabin (ABC News 10)
  • Rachael’s friend CN had made plans to come up to the campsite for the weekend and showed up Friday with her baby (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • Father became concerned after not finding Rachael at the campsite, contacts relatives, and decides to report Rachael missing to Hamilton County Sherriff on Friday nights (Albany Times Union)
    • Rachael’s father finds Rachael’s car and belongings but not Rachael (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
    • Rachael’s father waited a couple hours after arriving at the campsite and then called LE (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
    • Rachael’s car was found in front of the Cabin where she has been staying (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • The family campsite showed no signs of struggle (Albany Times Union)
    • LE said details about how the campsite was left immediately peaked their interest, but these details haven’t been made officially public (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Father arrived to scene that screamed abduction (Norfolk News Examiner)
  • Rachael’s car was parked and nothing was in disarray (Albany Times Union)
    • Rachael’s car had been left running long enough that it ran out of gas. The door to the car was open, and her purse and cell phone were found abandoned in the front seat (Norfolk News Examiner)
    • Rachael’s car keys were found still in ignition to her car (Inquisitr)
    • Campsite and car door were found wide open with her purse and phone fond inside her car (ABC News 10)
  • There was nothing at the campsite to indicate foul play (Albany Times Union)
    • The door to the family campsite retreat was left open (Norfolk News Examiner)
  • No suicide note is found (Albany Times Union)
  • No notes at the campsite indicating Rachael had gone anywhere were found (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • There is no indication of any person having been at the campsite besides Rachael (Albany Times Union)
  • LE doesn’t rule out anything regarding Rachael’s disappearance (Albany Times Union)

June 29, 2016 – Vigil For Rachael Held in Both Wells, NY and Johnstown, NY

• Vigil on Wednesday in Wells, NY drew around 400 community members (Albany Times Union)
  • Vigil in Wells, NY was held at the entrance, less than a mile, from the family campsite on Hernandez road (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)

June 30, 2016 – Shania Twain Tweets About Rachael’s Disappearance

• Rachael’s friends (CN) reached Shania Twain and asked her to tweet about Rachael’s disappearance (Albany Times Union & Fox News)

July 1, 2016 – Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers Offers Reward

• Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers offers a $2,000 reward for information leading to Rachael’s discovery, tipsters can remain anonymous (Albany Times Union)
  • MVCS has received tips which they have forwarded to the state police (Albany Times Union)

Reports about the Search For Rachael

• LE is searching multiple locations, but are focused on the family camp (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • LE treating Rachael as a missing persons case (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • Divers have examined areas under bridges (Albany Times Union
  • There have been no noted animal attacks in the area (Albany Times Union)
  • Police have examined Rachel’s text messages and have found no red flags (Albany Times Union)
  • Police have been receiving 6-8 leads per night (Albany Times Union)
  • The search has included Sheriffs deputies, state forest rangers, and state police (Albany Times Union)
    • Forest Rangers are handling land searches, and deputies are handling the water search (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • The search for Rachael has involved the Fulton County Sheriff Department, the Gloversville Police, the Johnstown police, and state police (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • 30-50 Forest Rangers have been searching the Adirondack forest on foot (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • At least 90 people have searched woods around Hamilton County (Channel 13 WNYT)
  • The search has included the use of helicopters and dogs (Fox News)
  • LE has contacted friends and family through social media (CBS 6 WRGB Albany)
  • LE has interviewed hundreds of people (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • LE claims to have no leads (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • Police are not saying if they think she got lost, suspect suicide, or suspect foul play (Channel 13 WNYT)
  • Hamilton County is least populated but also the third biggest state county (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • There are no stoplights in all of Hamilton County (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • The Hamilton County Sheriff’s department consists of five officers, including the sheriff and the undersheriff (Channel 13 WNYT)
  • Everything about Rachael’s disappearance is speculation and there is no evidence to point the investigation one way or another (Channel 13 WNYT)
  • There have been possible sightings of Rachael that have been reported LE (Norfolk News Examiner)

Reported Impressions about Rachael’s Disappearance

• Rachael’s mother (WM) thinks that Rachael was abducted (Albany Times Union)
    • Rachael’s mother normally communicates with Rachael 2-3 times per day by phone or social media (Albany Times Union)
  • Hamilton Count Sherriff (KA) knows the Mattice family, and claims Rachael enjoyed the woods, often took long walks, and finds it hard to believe that Rachael would have gotten lost (Albany Times Union
    • Sherriff describes Rachael as happy go lucky and says there are no signs of her being despondent (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)

• Rachael’s aunt (TC) assumed Rachael was with a friend the weekend she went missing (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Her aunt claims Rachael loved and would never leave her dog (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Her aunt believes Rachael would not leave on her own (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
    • Her aunt believes Rachel was abducted (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • Rachael and her friend CN have been friends since age 4 (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)
  • Rachael is an only child (Channel 13 WNYT Albany)

• Rachael’s family and friends in Johnston, NY were interviewed by LE. These interviews revealed that Rachael showed no signs of being despondent, Rachael had no know enemies, and Rachael had no pre-existing health concerns (Albany Times Union)

-There have been questions raised on this thread about the reports of Rachael being SEEN in Wells on the night she went missing. From going over the available information, it seems to me that this source is the neighbor on Hernandez road that reported seeing Rachael's car arrive at her family camp around 9:15 PM (from the Albany Times Union article referenced above).

-There is also much confusion on this thread about the reports of how the family camp was found. From the above articles, it seems that the information reported about the doors being open, engine out of gas, and belongings in the car come from interviews and social media posts from family and friends of Rachael Mattice. I do believe that these reports are true (or somewhat true), but I don't think that LE wanted these reports to become public. This is best exemplified by the Channel 13 vigil video in which it is reveled that LE said details about how the campsite was left, immediately peaked their interest, but these details haven’t been made officially public. The use of the word officially implies to me that LE knows that these details are public, but that they were never supposed to have been made public.

What if that wasn't Rachael that texted her mother GoodNight. We've heard of that happening many times before. Why is the only thing missing a shotgun per social media? Maybe she won't be found anywhere near the camper but someplace farther away. Perhaps it was not Rachael that drove her car up to the campsite.

I would think, if someone took her, then they wanted to keep her alive.
It gives me hope. I realize that's not always the case, so maybe that is why LE doesn't want to make the suspect feel pressure to do away with her. (Sorry, I have to mention that.) Anyways, LE must be questioning her family, friends, and employer. Don't you think so?

If this was an abduction:

Was it someone she knew?
Someone who had been to the camp before?
An old boyfriend? Someone with a crush or infatuation with her?
A complete stranger that was robbing the place?
Some older perv in a camp around there?
A relative of the person she was caring for?
Someone connected to her new job as a Home Health Aide?
Other ideas?

One or more abductors?
A friend of her family?
Meth addicts that live in the woods?
A store clerk?
Someone from Wells? Or Johnstown?

My head is starting to spin.

I have some thoughts about the neighbor "seeing:the car. I can almost guarantee that the neighbor listens to his scanner whenever he is up and about. This means that is acutely aware and listening most of the time. I am wondering if he didn't see the car but heard it. He would know what her car sounds like. My hubby grew up in that area and I couldn't believe how everyone could stop talking in the middle of a conversation and know exactly what was being broadcast..they don't miss a beat. Since cell service is poor they will rely on the scanner.
Also, Rachael has probably been going to that camp for years and feels very comfortable and safe there. I really don't think she would have her guard up. I am sure.her parents didn't give it a thought either. I do think, however that if she was abducted it was by someone who knows her...not necessarily someone close to her, just someone who crossed her path. I think that the chance of someone lumbering around the deep dark woods and finding their prey is pretty slim.
I just don't know what to think about a suicide angle...let's face it, here on WS we have learned you can never say never when it comes to suicide, no matter what the family and friends feel.
I feel so bad for her family and hope they get some answers soon.

OMG I am reading where she was found alive but not giving any details. June Mattice Robinson posted it on he face book and another friend of Rachael's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1
Back