Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her Facebook says she works at Hamilton county public health as a home health aide since May. So I'm going to guess she's lived in the camper since at least then. I also went to their FB page and they haven't even shared a poster for her, which I find strange because wouldn't you want to help spread the word about a missing employee? Also, if it was after dark, the neighbor would hardly be able to tell whos car pulled up the road aside from the headlights. If another car went up the road it could have been with the headlights off. I am not convinced anything happened that night anyway. I think its just as plausible something occurred the next morning as other posters have said upthread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Home health aide. Wondering if her disappearance is related to her job and a family member whose home she frequented?

Home health aide. Wondering if her disappearance is related to her job and a family member whose home she frequented?
Her own family member??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Possible, but then if that's the case it's likely she did not have to report to work the next day. You'd have to imagine that if it is related then the person knew she was due to work soon and would not take her right before she was scheduled to work. It would automatically raise red flags when she did not show up and she'd be reported missing right away (they'd have to guess this might happen even if in real life it did not).

Am just getting familiar with the facts of this case. I was struck immediately by this young woman's beautiful warm expressive eyes.

I hope she is found and her family gets answers soon.

Couldn't she use her phone?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I live in a fairly rural area. Land was cleared and 4 new houses built. For the first few years we had a lot of displaced wildlife. There were nights my DD couldn't drive all the way down the driveway due to a pack of coyotes hanging out there. There are no street lights on this road. If we stayed out longer, or forgot to turn on the outside light I would absolutely leave my headlights on to unlock the door and turn on the outside lights. You want to see any animals around, and you want them to see, hear, smell you.
Living in the woods I wouldn't rely on a cellphone flashlight. Hope that helps explain what I meant.

What a frustrating lack of sound information.

I am curious who the neighbor who watches the road is. How far away? Yelling distance?
I for one, would hightail it away from the area until there was reason to belive there is no danger to the public.
I wonder what info residents are being offered.

Is there only one way in/out to the Matisse property? Otherwise the number of headlights passing are not really releveant.

If a gun was missing, I think suicide is the most likely answer. [emoji20] especially if the report about her telling her mom she was going on a hike is true. Abduction doesn't make sense to me... it's such an isolated place, why would an attacker feel a need to take her somewhere else?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

...because if she was trafficked (yes, by someone she knows) they would certainly take her elsewhere.

I don't feel she took her own life..she was expected a friend to visit the next day.

Sent from my SCH-I545

What a frustrating lack of sound information.

I am curious who the neighbor who watches the road is. How far away? Yelling distance?
I for one, would hightail it away from the area until there was reason to belive there is no danger to the public.
I wonder what info residents are being offered.

Is there only one way in/out to the Matisse property? Otherwise the number of headlights passing are not really releveant.

Yes, one way in and one way out (at least via standard motor vehicle...).

...because if she was trafficked (yes, by someone she knows) they would certainly take her elsewhere.

IMO, traffickers are not looking for victims deep in the words of the Adirondack State Park. Always good to keep an open mind but IMO this will not be trafficking-related.

Marc Klaas just posted on his Facebook page that Rachael will be featured on Nancy Grace tonight.

It makes me wonder if it was dark there and she left the car running with the door open so she could use the light from the headlights to get into the door and turn the lights on inside the cabin/camper.

IMO she was taken by someone she knows well, who knew she lived out there alone or by someone she didn't know but knew of her. Does anyone who has studied the maps know of any adjacent roads to her road, like a road a mile or so away that someone could have parked on (or any isolated area they could have parked on NEAR but not AT her camp) to hike through the woods to RM's camp? Either that, or the neighbor who said she didn't see any other cars just didn't notice any others...I mean, what were they doing, staring out the window non stop all day and all night? I doubt it. There had to be another vehicle if she was abducted unless they parked elsewhere and hiked in, in which, case the dogs would have picked up the scent.

BTW, a good friend of our family grew up with Rachel's dad and he has asked me to keep tabs on this case.

I'm working until 9 tonight so I'll be unable to watch Nancy Grace as she airs for the first time. Could someone give details and if anything new is mentioned?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti
Back