NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he drove himself to the train station.

Did he ride the bike often? If he did where did he usually ride?

NCNY do the ticket kiosks have cameras?

And was the amount of money found in the garage equal to the amount that he got from the scrap metal yard or was there some missing?

Oh and did he pull the car into the garage when he got home? And if not did the neighbor's camera see him put anything in the back seat?

NC,
What about suicide, is it a concern? If it is, that info should be given to LE and the press, as it will usually substantially increase the effort and the amount of press on his case.

the only reason why i would scratch it is the amount of time that has passed... wouldnt they have found him by now? Taking off is similar to that in many ways where a person picks up and leaves everything behind, without the mess...

im sorry but what is LE? I may have missed that somewhere

The thing about the phone I don't get is why take it with you if you don't plan to use it?

Oh and did he pull the car into the garage when he got home? And if not did the neighbor's camera see him put anything in the back seat?

no, the camera shot shows the vehicle on the road, its clearly his car and they only checked that camera because they know rob tended to drive down their block on his way back from work... there is no shot of the car pulling in to the driveway or of him getting out...

NCNY, when he left the money, did he leave his wallet too? Also, was his iphone found and if so, where? Thanks so much!

So he drove himself to the train station.

Did he ride the bike often? If he did where did he usually ride?

NCNY do the ticket kiosks have cameras?

And was the amount of money found in the garage equal to the amount that he got from the scrap metal yard or was there some missing?

tbh i dont know how much he biked, but i do know he like to...

The LIRR unfortunately told me the kiosks at that station do not have cameras

Amount of money found in the garage i have no idea, that was probably overlooked at the time

Just wondering if the money found had an amount missing that was approximately equal to the price of a train ticket.

NCNY could he have had an undiagnosed heart condition? Some signs would be lightheaded or dizziness, shortness of breadth, heart palpitations etc. Any type of unusual symptoms lately?
Is it possible he road in some obscure area and had a heart attack off the beaten path so to speak!

I would think if he planned to just go biking he would have changed out of his work clothes.

And even running away, in his workboots and sweaty clothes? I don't know.

You would think there would be some clue on the cellphone as to where he was going when he left the house at 2:50. Or maybe he had a second, possibly prepaid, cellphone?

I don't want to harp on the suicide thing, and I know it is a sensitive subject. But I do know that some family men choose to disappear themselves really well in the hopes that they will never be found in time to determine that it was a suicide. Mainly the reason would be to preserve the life insurance which would not be paid out if it can be proven to be a suicide. Another reason to keep it under consideration is that he may be unsure, and holed up trying to make up his mind. In that case, finding him and getting his name out there becomes much more urgent to LE (the cops) and the press.
Of course, I hope none of this turns out to be the case, but since the end result is so dire I feel it needs to be thought about. Was he depressed, or cranky and over-tired in the months before now? is he on any medications, especially anti depressants? You don't need to post the info, but this is the kind of information you should try and look at to make a guess. Any major stress that is recent, a change in family, are his parents alive, is their health a concern of his? Etc etc. again, I am not trying to pry, and you do not need to answer this, just think it over.

One more NCNY: do you happen to know if Rob had any connection at all to the man who was found shot in his car near the Deer Park train station a week after Rob went missing?

If this was something he had been planning for a while, he could very well have gotten alternate ID and pre-paid phone. Possibly even another vehicle that he left at the station and switched to. He could've stored what he needed in that car - clothes, bike, etc.

One more NCNY: do you happen to know if Rob had any connection at all to the man who was found shot in his car near the Deer Park train station a week after Rob went missing?

no that story is well after he went missing... Rob has been missing since June 14th, the story your referring to dates June 30th i believe

Okay so not 1 but 2 weeks after Rob went missing there was a guy found shot in his car near the train station. Did Rob have any connection at all to that man do you know?

Suicides are usually found as it os difficult to hide one's own body. And as far as faking a death...there does not really seem to be signs of that, IMO.

That probably leaves left for a new life, or met with violence.

Thanks for getting verified, you don't know how much we love it when we have a verified poster on a thread, NCNY. We really put our brains and time into these cases.

I would think if he planned to just go biking he would have changed out of his work clothes.

And even running away, in his workboots and sweaty clothes? I don't know.

You would think there would be some clue on the cellphone as to where he was going when he left the house at 2:50. Or maybe he had a second, possibly prepaid, cellphone?

this is why i am focusing my efforts on finding information about the train stations kiosk... i dont know if many of u are familiar with the Deer Park station but as someone who knows the lirr i dont think there are many people at the station at 3pm on a friday, and if there are i dont believe they are purchasing a single ride ticket, and most probably have a weekly pass or something... if they use the kiosk it would be with a credit card... this is why cash payments on those kiosks would help narrow down a search and maybe help with possibly following his possible route... IF he used the train... There has been no activity on his credit cards and known bank accounts... also, his wallet and everything was left at home, i believe someone asked that again... everything is accounted for as far as personal products and luggage, everything that IM can remember him having at least... its pretty nuts and the whole thing rattles my mind

NCNY, can you confirm that his wallet was left at the house in the morning when he left for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx