NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could also be collecting the cash as his getaway stash!

Well clue me in. What problems are affecting a large number of people in their 40s in the Long Island area? I must be missing something.

One major problem, certainly not limited to 40 somethings, is drugs. Pills and heroin are a plague in certain parts of the island.

Thank you NCNY for completing the verification process with WS !! I want to add how very glad I am to have you posting and discussing here with us.

Just curious - what is the verification process?

sent out my personal info to moderator of site, along with my contact info and they happen to be online and contacted me on my cell phone... from there i spoke to moderator where she informed me on a few things and how to operate the site a little better

You can find the specifics on the WS terms of service page. Basically you request to be deemed an insider or an expert and one of the WS administrators will contact you personaly to verify you are who you say you are.
They determine and then let post that you are verified. They do not identify you.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact Tricia, Websleuths owner, at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So could he have had a problem with prescription drugs? Maybe he met with someone and something went bad? Or maybe he just does not want to be found and had this planned out very well because this case has alot of twists to it. So now he is last seen at 2:50pm pulling out of his driveway?Why come home and leave so shortly? That seems odd to me and than he just disappears.My gut is telling me he's alive and with someone else. Just my opinion of course. :twocents:

Gets down off the :fence: runs around it 3 times and gets back on :fence:.

Just clearing my head - to try to process the new information and updates and see how they fit or bring any new ideas.

Thinking out loud..... In my mind, I am setting aside the scrap metal yard - in that I believe he left there on his own (no harm no foul). With his car was seen on cam near his house, and considering the time, I believe that he came home and then left again. Since it is known he had in fact parked at Deer Park Train Station in the past.... I think he parked there.

So glad you have contacts NCNY that may be able to pic up on what may have been seen that Friday on the train line.

Sure do wish that the 18 guests viewing will decide to register and join in on discussions in this Thread. Your input and ideas could be very helpful.

So could he have had a problem with prescription drugs? Maybe he met with someone and something went bad? Or maybe he just does not want to be found and had this planned out very well because this case has alot of twists to it. So now he is last seen at 2:50pm pulling out of his driveway?Why come home and leave so shortly? That seems odd to me and than he just disappears.My gut is telling me he's alive and with someone else. Just my opinion of course. :twocents:

of all the possible scenarios i can honestly say that him leaving to start a new with another woman can probably be put on the bottom of the list, for so many reasons that listing them wouldnt be necc... of course it is a valid reason and the question needs to be asked because it happens so often, and i cant completely deny the claims possibility but its also a slim to no chance...

i just dont understand how nobody saw anything so far... its amazing that we havent had a witness step forward that has seen a flyer or heard something about the case that said they saw him that day or any other...

rob drove a hot red gto that was loud as all hell when running, the fact its red causes the eye to automatically make it stick out in our memory and the noise adds to our sound memory... If you stood on a main road for hrs watching cars drive by and i asked u if you saw a grey honda you would laugh, but if i asked u about a loud red sports car, not only would u remember it you would probably give me the description of the person driving it... our brains work like that, and its killing me that no one has come forward...

Gets down off the :fence: runs around it 3 times and gets back on :fence:.
So glad you have contacts NCNY that may be able to pic up on what may have been seen that Friday on the train line.

LIRR information regarding the sales made that friday at the kiosks for that station will be helpful only if the amount of transactions made were minimal... seeing as most people dont like getting gold coins back from mta kiosks, most of us regulars pay with credit cards, which wouldnt be the case had Rob gotten a ticket... cash only transactions as he most likely did not have a ticket lying around at home so im guessing he would have to pay at the machine... if there were only a handful of transactions made that afternoon that fit my search criteria then we can narrow down the possible stations a train may have gone to and get the security camera footage from them possibly to check for his exiting the train... lets see...

Let's consider the place - Montauk (I know nothing about it). This is a place he has gone in the past and could it be a place he would go to "get away"? Is it a place where a bicycle would serve as a good mode of transport? Does anyone know if that area had been postered? Anyone gone there to look?

LIRR information regarding the sales made that friday at the kiosks for that station will be helpful only if the amount of transactions made were minimal... seeing as most people dont like getting gold coins back from mta kiosks, most of us regulars pay with credit cards, which wouldnt be the case had Rob gotten a ticket... cash only transactions as he most likely did not have a ticket lying around at home so im guessing he would have to pay at the machine... if there were only a handful of transactions made that afternoon that fit my search criteria then we can narrow down the possible stations a train may have gone to and get the security camera footage from them possibly to check for his exiting the train... lets see...

On the LIRR, does one just buy a generic ticket (pass for a trip) or does one buy a specific ticket to their destination (or even to go either east or west)?

Also, since the station is so close to the house, the time frame for purchase would be relatively narrow if we assume he drove straight to the station, parked and purchased.

Let's consider the place - Montauk (I know nothing about it). This is a place he has gone in the past and could it be a place he would go to "get away"? Is it a place where a bicycle would serve as a good mode of transport? Does anyone know of that area had been postered? Anyone gone there to look?

nobody there i can say they knew outside of going out there and staying for a week at a time at a hotel, which i dont remember the name to...

I suggest there because it could be a place he is familiar with off the beaten path. He could feel somewhat comfortable in a familiar setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member