NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the LIRR, does one just buy a generic ticket (pass for a trip) or does one buy a specific ticket to their destination (or even to go either east or west)?

Also, since the station is so close to the house, the time frame for purchase would be relatively narrow if we assume he drove straight to the station, parked and purchased.

destination purchases on kiosk, you enter the station you are located in and the station u would like to go to and it generates the ticket and cost... and yes im hoping for there to be one made that fits him in the timeline perfectly but we have to remember that the car wasnt found until saturday afternoon around 5pm i believe... this leaves a big window of when he actually went to the station and when the car was there... and the one thing thats sticking at me is the parking spot... like others stated before, its near impossible to find a parking spot up front at ANY lirr parking lot during the daytime hours, all the people who have left their cars are atill at work and the lot is packed in until the evening rush... that doesnt mean a spot couldnt have opened up by someone out shopping that took the train but who knows... its a big time frame

So than look at the scenarios than.
1.Did he have financial problems? Did he owe anyone a significant amount of money?
2.was he involved in something shady?
3.Any addictions?
4.What was his state of mind that last week?
5.What sticks out to me is the timing of this? Two days before Father's Day.Why than? Did that play a part in anything?

I agree that it is hard to believe no one saw anything either.I'm sure the family is having a difficult time with this.My heart goes out to all of them. This is truly a mystery.:scared:

Thanks for the information on ticket purchases NCNY. Good point you make on the larger time period that the car could have been parked - in fact about a 24 hour period.

Thanks for your list of things to consider Maddy65. What is it that caused RM to take this drastic action at this point in time? He has left family, friends, home and job. Was he going to something or away from something?

:eek:fftobed: gonna go sleep on it.

Everyone have a good night's rest. Hoping for good news on RM this weekend.

Welcome NCNY I'm so sorry this has happen to your family. TY for being here with us. Have IM look in his winter coat pockets for any clue. Have her check her credit card statements especially around the holidays to see if he bought expensive gifts or Mothers Day. My GF found 5 parking tickets in her husbands car for no parking between 2am to 6am ticket was issued in Mineola. He should have been at work then. She went to that location and found his car there. She found out that he had a GF and a child. I hate writing that to you but it could be the case. I felt that way when I heard he went missing right before Fathers Day.

Montauk is $300 to $500 a night in the summer. My DD just got back from visiting there. Hurricane Sandy has damaged alot of Hotels there.

I hope he is not harmed in any way. When I found out he did come home at 230 I think he forgot something important grabbed it and left.

One more NCNY: do you happen to know if Rob had any connection at all to the man who was found shot in his car near the Deer Park train station a week after Rob went missing?

Do you have a link? TIA

eta: thanks found it.

Hi NCNY :seeya: I'm so glad you got verified!

snipped by me

They found his car parked at the same spot he used to park it when he had used the train years ago...

snipped by me

Reading this I would now take it almost as a given that he left with the train. I'm thrilled that you are trying to get info about tickets purchased that day and possibly also the next day (Saturday). With a bit of luck you might get somewhere! Let's hope!

Another question: has his computer been searched for any clues?

So what was Rob planning that Friday afternoon? This is what we know he did:
he leaves work
sells something at a scrap yard
drives home
leaves some cash and his wallet with cards and id in the garage
possibly loads his bike into the car
drives to the train station.

To do what?

I can only think of two possibilities:
he wanted to go on a bike trip (and then an accident happened)
he wanted to disappear and start a new life elsewhere.

Are there spots in the area that you would go to by train to go on a bike trip? Something scenic, remote, beautiful, to get away from it all for a few hours?

yes he left his wallet home that morning when he left for work... Ida said he does that often so it wasn't something that she thought much about at the time

Hi NCNY, thanks for your input and thanks for being verified.
I am catching up from last night and I thought you said wallet was found after he returned from work?

of all the possible scenarios i can honestly say that him leaving to start a new with another woman can probably be put on the bottom of the list, for so many reasons that listing them wouldnt be necc... of course it is a valid reason and the question needs to be asked because it happens so often, and i cant completely deny the claims possibility but its also a slim to no chance...

i just dont understand how nobody saw anything so far... its amazing that we havent had a witness step forward that has seen a flyer or heard something about the case that said they saw him that day or any other...

rob drove a hot red gto that was loud as all hell when running, the fact its red causes the eye to automatically make it stick out in our memory and the noise adds to our sound memory... If you stood on a main road for hrs watching cars drive by and i asked u if you saw a grey honda you would laugh, but if i asked u about a loud red sports car, not only would u remember it you would probably give me the description of the person driving it... our brains work like that, and its killing me that no one has come forward...

You mentioned upthread that Rob loved all his cars. Does he own more than one?

of all the possible scenarios i can honestly say that him leaving to start a new with another woman can probably be put on the bottom of the list, for so many reasons that listing them wouldnt be necc... of course it is a valid reason and the question needs to be asked because it happens so often, and i cant completely deny the claims possibility but its also a slim to no chance...

i just dont understand how nobody saw anything so far... its amazing that we havent had a witness step forward that has seen a flyer or heard something about the case that said they saw him that day or any other...

rob drove a hot red gto that was loud as all hell when running, the fact its red causes the eye to automatically make it stick out in our memory and the noise adds to our sound memory... If you stood on a main road for hrs watching cars drive by and i asked u if you saw a grey honda you would laugh, but if i asked u about a loud red sports car, not only would u remember it you would probably give me the description of the person driving it... our brains work like that, and its killing me that no one has come forward...

About the car, if it is so loud and easy to spot ( which I agree with) then how come nobody saw him come home and leave again? As I mentioned before, they live on a residential block, at that time people are always around as the school buses are out, people are walking, mailman, etc, etc, I still find this difficult to believe since I am still convinced IM was home at this time waiting for him. Help us out NCNY,was IM home? Does she work? How come she never mentioned he came home? She still claims the last place he was seen was the scrap yard. She didn't say that the last place he was seen was on camera in the driveway.

Are you saying he went to the scrap yard AFTER stopping home??

On the LIRR, does one just buy a generic ticket (pass for a trip) or does one buy a specific ticket to their destination (or even to go either east or west)?

Also, since the station is so close to the house, the time frame for purchase would be relatively narrow if we assume he drove straight to the station, parked and purchased.

There are several ways to buy a ticket. You can buy a monthly pass, a ten trip or a single ticket (which would be either peak or off-peak). Price depends in your station and where you are going and you can buy them either on the train, at a kiosk or at a manned ticket booth (which there are few). If you buy the ticket on the train it is a few dollars more. I haven't been on the train in a long time but the conductor would have a generic ticket which had list of stations on it and he/she would punch out the from and to stations and tell you how much.

One major problem, certainly not limited to 40 somethings, is drugs. Pills and heroin are a plague in certain parts of the island.

Not with forty-somethings in Dix Hills!

<modsnip> This is upper middle class. If there is any heroin being shot up in Dix Hills it is by a fringe group of teenagers, not their Mercedes driving parents.

LIRR information regarding the sales made that friday at the kiosks for that station will be helpful only if the amount of transactions made were minimal... seeing as most people dont like getting gold coins back from mta kiosks, most of us regulars pay with credit cards, which wouldnt be the case had Rob gotten a ticket... cash only transactions as he most likely did not have a ticket lying around at home so im guessing he would have to pay at the machine... if there were only a handful of transactions made that afternoon that fit my search criteria then we can narrow down the possible stations a train may have gone to and get the security camera footage from them possibly to check for his exiting the train... lets see...

Do you know for a fact that he did not use 10 trip tickets? Most commuters who use the train irregularly use them so that they don't have to keep buying single tickets each time they take the train.

He could have had an addiction to prescription pills. Not saying heroin. This is a big problem across all classes. Again just an opinion. You never what goes on behind closed doors. :twocents

Let's consider the place - Montauk (I know nothing about it). This is a place he has gone in the past and could it be a place he would go to "get away"? Is it a place where a bicycle would serve as a good mode of transport? Does anyone know if that area had been postered? Anyone gone there to look?

Hole in the wall motels in Montauk fetch more than $200 a night. He would definitely need his credit card for that.

But yes, a bicycle would be a good mode of transportation, but more likely a road bike or a hybrid.

Not with forty-somethings in Dix Hills!

<modsnip> This is upper middle class. If there is any heroin being shot up in Dix Hills it is by a fringe group of teenagers, not their Mercedes driving parents.

Sorry but I beg to differ. Westchester here. Pain pills and heroin are a huge problem here. We see it every day. Here's the thing, oxy etc are black market and very expensive. Users move on to heroin because it's now cheap. From what I understand it's snorted, not shot any more. :twocents:

recent:

Putnam Officials Charge 56, Seize $15K and 7 Vehicles in Drug Probe
http://southeast.patch.com/groups/p...-charge-56-seize-15k-7-vehicles-in-drug-probe

eta: snipped>
Carmel Police released details of the probe Tuesday morning. They said the arrests span from late March to May of this year, and the defendants' ages range from 18 to 55. A dozen of those arrested are females.

snipped> Police in the area in November and December 2012, and in January of this year, were investigating several deaths that appeared to be connected to drug overdoses.

Suspected Heroin Overdoses Cause Deaths in Westchester, Putnam
The recent deaths have highlighted the "noticeable increase" in suspected heroin overdoses.

http://yorktown-somers.patch.com/gr...-overdoses-cause-deaths-in-westchester-putnam

He could have had an addiction to prescription pills. Not saying heroin. This is a big problem across all classes. Again just an opinion. You never what goes on behind closed doors. :twocents

This is true. But a forty something from Dix Hills does not start out an OxyContin addiction by buying it on the street and taking it at a party. He is injured first and takes it for the pain and then becomes addicted.

Do we have that here? Did Rob have a problem with pain in the past which required him to medicate for it?

So we have conformation that the car returned home 2:45ish via a neighbor's camera. Was Ida home???? Does the same camera catch the car leaving and at what time? This may be a preposterous question but I'll ask it anyway....could RM have met up with an intruder inside the garage who incapacitated him, put Robert in the car(backseat), drove the car away themselves, ditched RM somewhere, ditched the car at the DP train station. I know this sounds pretty wild but.....

quick google search revealed:

A major drug ring involving an ex-NYPD cop and about a dozen others from the Long Island area were finally busted on Tuesday October 23, according to authorities. The group of drug lords managed to transport enormous quantities of marijuana across the United States, as well as smuggling the drug Ketamine ("Special K") into the U.S. from China by way of the Internet.

snip>
The Ketamine illegally purchased on-line, was bought to distribute in New York City nightclubs, and on the Long Island and Fire Island black markets. Prosecutors said they found a dresser drawer filled with cash in Steven Polizzi&#8217;s Dix Hills home.

Neil Singer, 47, a Manhattan businessman and alleged leader of the drug ring was locked up alongside ex-NYPD officer Keith Klouda, 37,who also acted as Singer&#8217;s financial guru. Singer's major pot pushers were Steven Polizzi, 52, of Dix Hills, and Wayne Percetti, 42, of Deer Park. The 13 involved face criminal charges for dealing marijuana shipped from California and Ketamine smuggled in from China.

http://www.huntingtonbuzz.tv/view_article.php?article_id=1123

:truce:

These aren't addicts. These are dealers. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member