NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have conformation that the car returned home 2:45ish via a neighbor's camera. Was Ida home???? Does the same camera catch the car leaving and at what time? This may be a preposterous question but I'll ask it anyway....could RM have met up with an intruder inside the garage who incapacitated him, unloaded his ID, put Robert in the car(backseat), drove the car away themselves, ditched RM somewhere, ditched the car at the DP train station. I know this sounds pretty wild but.....

STILL NOT BUYING the camera in the driveway, verified insider information or not. As I stated many times, and NCNY stated, the car is easily spotted, very loud, etc..... Hard for me to believe nobody spots him coming and going in broad daylight at around 3pm.

And again, I would assume IM was home around this time....NCNY HELP US HELP YOU----Does IM work? Was she home? Was anyone home?

IM NEVER ONCE mentions a neighbor's camera.....She has said the LAST PLACE he is seen is the scrap yard. She never mentions a camera caught him at home at 2:45.

This would be a HUGE detail/fact for her to mess up, I dont care how much duress she's under. Its a HUGE FACTOR, and changes A LOT! If he made it home, it basically takes the entire scrap yard out of the picture (I think).

STILL NOT BUYING the camera in the driveway, verified insider information or not. As I stated many times, and NCNY stated, the car is easily spotted, very loud, etc..... Hard for me to believe nobody spots him coming and going in broad daylight at around 3pm.

And again, I would assume IM was home around this time....NCNY HELP US HELP YOU----Does IM work? Was she home? Was anyone home?

IM NEVER ONCE mentions a neighbor's camera.....She has said the LAST PLACE he is seen is the scrap yard. She never mentions a camera caught him at home at 2:45.

This would be a HUGE detail/fact for her to mess up, I dont care how much duress she's under. Its a HUGE FACTOR, and changes A LOT! If he made it home, it basically takes the entire scrap yard out of the picture (I think).

I can't tell you how happy I am that NCNY is here to clear up some of the inconsistencies. IM is releasing the information that she believes is best for her family, but it looks like other family members are more willing to share information because they feel it's the best way to find robert.

I posted about the neighbors cameras a few weeks ago, but I'm not an insider and I don't have MSM links to back it up. This fact changes everything because now we can rule out the ping in Huntington, the scrap yard, job site as possible places of RM disappearing.

The bike and the train are still what's most important IMO. The parking spot is also interesting.. It gives him the best place to catch a train from, but it's also a highly visible place to leave your car so theft/vandalism isn't as common there.

Not with forty-somethings in Dix Hills!

Do you have any idea what kind of area we are talking about here? This is upper middle class. If there is any heroin being shot up in Dix Hills it is by a fringe group of teenagers, not their Mercedes driving parents.

I do. I grew up in the area and went to HHH schools. Dix Hills certainly isn't immune to drugs. Prescription drug abuse knows no class or financial status. Heroin isn't necessarily "shot up" - it's smoked. No track marks.

I can't tell you how happy I am that NCNY is here to clear up some of the inconsistencies. IM is releasing the information that she believes is best for her family, but it looks like other family members are more willing to share information because they feel it's the best way to find robert.

I posted about the neighbors cameras a few weeks ago, but I'm not an insider and I don't have MSM links to back it up. This fact changes everything because now we can rule out the ping in Huntington, the scrap yard, job site as possible places of RM disappearing.

So what are you saying....Ida doesn't believe the "fact" that he came home after the scrap metal yard is important to finding Rob?? Excuse me, but I find that <modsnip> The fact that he was somewhere BEFORE getting home is "MORE IMPORTANT TO FINDING ROB" than the fact he actually made it home from there??? Come on!

And she has police searching the scrap metal yard? Why? If this "fact" is true, he obviously made it home FROM the scrap yard. Why is she wasting everyone's time with the scrap yard?

I really don't mean to be argumentative, we are all trying to help. But this simple "fact" of a neighbor's camera is never CONFIRMED anywhere, nor has she mentioned it. This is why I find it very difficult to believe.

I do. I grew up in the area and went to HHH schools. Dix Hills certainly isn't immune to drugs. Prescription drug abuse knows no class or financial status. Heroin isn't necessarily "shot up" - it's smoked. No track marks.

My kids currently go to HHH schools. Drugs are present in both high schools and even middle school to a lesser extent. I would not put those kids on a par demographically with the typical Dix Hills parent. Is it possible an adult is hooked on something? Of course it's possible. But, I wouldn't draw a parallel with school kid drug use to adult drug use.

Jerry516 - IMO, IM isn't giving out specific details on purpose - possibly on LE request.

It could also all be in the wording - the last sighting of RM at the scrap yard, the last sighting of the car on the camera. I have security cameras and although I can see cars on the road, I can't see who's driving them.

So what are you saying....Ida doesn't believe the "fact" that he came home after the scrap metal yard is important to finding Rob?? Excuse me, but I find that <modsnip> The fact that he was somewhere BEFORE getting home is "MORE IMPORTANT TO FINDING ROB" than the fact he actually made it home from there??? Come on!

And she has police searching the scrap metal yard? Why? If this "fact" is true, he obviously made it home FROM the scrap yard. Why is she wasting everyone's time with the scrap yard?

I really don't mean to be argumentative, we are all trying to help. But this simple "fact" of a neighbor's camera is never CONFIRMED anywhere, nor has she mentioned it. This is why I find it very difficult to believe.

The police never searched the scrap yard, they had no reason to. Maybe at first, but once the camera information came out, the had no reason to.

What are her reasons for not releasing the camera information? I don't know, but let's not forget.. she knew about the scrap metal place for weeks and never released it. That has been my frustration (and many others) from the beginning.. inconsistent and delayed information.

IM is under a tremendous amount of stress and according to a facebook post, she has mentioned her desire to "protect her family". RM coming home changes the scope of the investigation and leads people to believing he left on his own. A guy leaving his wife doesn't generate the type of attention that a "missing" guy does.

It is quite strange that IM has consistently stated that the most up-to-date info is the CUE info and it says that the last sighting of RM was at the scrap metal yard. Why is that I wonder?

The CUE info also says that RM "never takes the train" which we now know is not true.

Jerry516 said:

And I am wondering if he knew in advance that no one would be home at the time that he was there?

Also would like to know if he had a car charger for his iPhone. I have read that one was not found. But did he have one and was it usually in the car?

It is quite possible IM is in denial. I know if my love left me under these circumstances I would be devastated. With all that's been said now, I think he left of his own accord. Double life? A lover? Female or male? Love is a very strong emotion and makes people do strange things. IMHO of course.

STILL NOT BUYING the camera in the driveway, verified insider information or not.

Well, perhaps IM isn't buying it either. It brings a voluntary departure much more closer to a possibility and I can completely understand her not wanting to believe it.

Well, perhaps IM isn't buying it either. It brings a voluntary departure much more closer to a possibility and I can completely understand her not wanting to believe it.

Denial or not, if it is a "FACT", if she TRULY wanted to find her hubby, she would realize this info. Its too important not to. Or the neighbor would release this info to try and help out. Any reasonable person would, UNLESS requested/forced by LE not to.

I would STILL like the confirmation of this camera sighting...can anyone help??

:seeya: Hey Jerry all of us are just throwing out our ideas. That is what WS is all about.

What if somebody did come home with Bob? Maybe he needed to pick something up for the guy, or they were doing a transaction. Things went south and Bob ends up incapacitated. The "friend" dumps Bob, conveniently leaving the wallet behind to delay identification, parks Bob's car and hops a train.

MOO

:seeya: Hey Jerry all of us are just throwing out our ideas. That is what WS is all about.

I know, and I do apologize to all about getting "snippy". It's just so frustrating, and with all the evasiveness that goes on, conflicting (and lack of ) details, this case gets crazier and crazier.

I didn't say a stranger - my point is semantics. If you can't see the driver, you can't say the last sighting of him was at the house.

Just trying to reason out why IM isn't talking about him coming home after the scrap yard. I'm reading between the lines. There is so much that we don't know, that isn't being released, it's very frustrating to not have all the facts.

I do understand what you are saying, but you would BELIEVE she would at least say something that his "car" was last seen. Makes no sense that it hasnt been mentioned, its just way too important to the timeline.

Wouldnt the natural thing to say is "he, or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at 2:45" something along those lines.

I do understand what you are saying, but you would BELIEVE she would at least say something that his "car" was last seen. Makes no sense that it hasnt been mentioned, its just way too important to the timeline.

Wouldnt the natural thing to say is "he, or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at 2:45" something along those lines.

One would think. But there's some reason why she's not being forthcoming with information. My guess is that as far as the public is concerned, she just wants his face out there on flyers and someone to come forward if they've seen him. I have to believe she's been more open with LE.

Just throwing my thoughts out here. There is an attorney at work (corporate) who once said that no matter the subject, she always weighs her words before speaking them (which must be mentally exhausting). Perhaps IM is of the same mindset.

Why would he go home??? Did he forget something? Did he hide a suitcase in the garage and come back home to get it. When I heard this was his last sighting all my thinking has change and have to erase what I initially thought. :banghead: We now know he was in the garage because he left money there. Why didn't he take his wallet then?? Very strange case.

NCNY, if it is an established fact that Robert's gto was last known or believed to have been seen/videoed leaving his driveway have you heard if LE forensically examined the home, including the garage? If not, have you heard why not? If it has been forensically examined, have you heard how much time passed between the time of Robert's disappearance and a forensics search of the home?

And, do you know if Ida was reportedly home at about the time Robert was to have been home? The only way it would sense s if Ida was not home around the time Robert was allegedly at the home around 2:45 pm. Otherwise they would have run into each other, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member