NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They reported the trunk was empty. $5,000 reward.

The rest we know.

The comment is just about how electricians and scrap metal go hand in hand, something like that.

Jumping off ur report clu...also made mention from their many years in the business that there's always a dispute about who keeps the scraps...

[tho NOT surprising]

Saw Dana Tyler on CBS report the story on RM-- it was quite good.

Am I allowed to say that the Mayer's kitchen is really nice????

:seeya:Heading out for the night guys--- hoped there would be news---good to see you all---have a great night and be safe

My Son In Law, who is an Electrian, worked for another company years ago said that they would take turns going to scrap place and his boss would let them leave early to go there. Maybe that"s what RM did.

The rest we know.

Bolded by me.

I wonder if this was typical for him to have an empty trunk or was it usually filled with tools or anything else of value?

Unless I am missing something...

I would think an electrician would find a scrap yard helpful in finding (buying) parts that would otherwise be more expensive if acquired in new condition...

My DH is a mechanic... And he got a trailer hitch at a scrap yard since we didn't need anything new and shiny... Just something functional... Without any bells and whistles... KWIM?

soooo.... I am thinking RM may have been trying to find small/used parts that he might need to buy a whole gadget in a commercial store...

(Love my technical terms?... :giggle:)

Just thinking aloud here...:waitasec:

The rest we know.

I thought it interesting how it was reported as... "everything missing from the trunk". Wondering what that really means? What is usually in the trunk, that is now missing". As par, no particulars were given. :banghead:

I thought it interesting how it was reported as... "everything missing from the trunk". Wondering what that really means? What is usually in the trunk, that is now missing". As par, no particulars were given. :banghead:

There's not much to say. We've said it all.

Either he left, or LE is not releasing info for a reason.
It may go very deep for all we know, or not.
All we can do is wait..........

:sigh:

My Son In Law, who is an Electrian, worked for another company years ago said that they would take turns going to scrap place and his boss would let them leave early to go there. Maybe that"s what RM did.

Trigger-- is it/was it the "done thing" for the guys/workers to share in the scrap or did the foreman get involved too????

"everything missing" from the trunk of THE CAR------hhhmmmmmm---did RM keep usual stuff--jumper cables, washer fluid, rags, spare tire, ice scraper/brush ?????? ANd those things are missing?? Was it stated where his tools are??? The ones he works with not home ones. If they are not on the job, then he planned to leave---has he been replaced at the job-site in Brooklyn?

Thanks for posting this link BunnyHop. I noted at the 1:10 mark on video report, the massive pile @ Arrow. My thought is..... anything could be in that pile.

Had the same thought Justy - without trying to come across as dramatic, it gave me a feeling of dread. :scared:

Trigger-- is it/was it the "done thing" for the guys/workers to share in the scrap or did the foreman get involved too????

Idk but I will ask him when he gets home. He did say when they did a apartment building over he was there often. Made alot of side money.

Finally caught up reading the thread. Is there any photos someone could share? Where his car was found? Photo of the scrap yard? Maybe it could help us out of towners be better able to visualize it. As everyone else, I am confused about coming home for 10 minutes in the afternoon and leaving again. and how often do cell phones ping? Is there a video or isnt there. (in my opinion, I think there is) and the bike may or may not be part of the investigation. I believe IM did not notice it missing right away, so it could have been gone before he went missing. It is not unusual for me to leave my wallet home. But I have cash and a bank card in my pocket. Just my random thoughts.

Oops, 1 more thing. In the case of Joan Diver who was murdered by the Bike Path Rapist. Her car was moved by the murderer from the lot she parked it in to another a few miles away. He said he did it to throw off the investigation. (and it worked for a while until the DNA came back)

Finally caught up reading the thread. Is there any photos someone could share? Where his car was found? Photo of the scrap yard? Maybe it could help us out of towners be better able to visualize it. As everyone else, I am confused about coming home for 10 minutes in the afternoon and leaving again. and how often do cell phones ping? Is there a video or isnt there. (in my opinion, I think there is) and the bike may or may not be part of the investigation. I believe IM did not notice it missing right away, so it could have been gone before he went missing. It is not unusual for me to leave my wallet home. But I have cash and a bank card in my pocket. Just my random thoughts.

Oops, 1 more thing. In the case of Joan Diver who was murdered by the Bike Path Rapist. Her car was moved by the murderer from the lot she parked it in to another a few miles away. He said he did it to throw off the investigation. (and it worked for a while until the DNA came back)

The "Robert Mayer Search Page" on FB has very good pictures/maps detailing train station, parking spot, scrap yard, possible routes etc. Check it out.

I was going to move some of the pictures to this thread but I cant figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?

I was going to move some of the pictures to this thread but I cant figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?

Better make sure that is allowed first. Sticklers regarding what are at times very confining rules here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee