NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe I saw here she was in real estate, and there was a mention of violin lessons, though don't know if that was meant tongue in cheek or not.

she is a piano teacher that goes to homes.

If I understand right, It was checked, just not with dogs. Which makes sense to me as he was there so dogs would. Pick that up and confuse them..or would it??

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

They've had the car for 2 months and concluded early on no crime was committed, at least no evidence of it. So I have to believe cadaver dogs or some sort of forensics were used on the car at some point.

Goodness what I meant by that was they are posting his pic up there when he was never there.....

As they say in long island Fugghedaboudit!

It's not a foregone conclusion that he was or wasn't there. Of course you post fliers where his car was found, along with wherever else you can post them.

I wonder if they found any fingerprints on the steering wheel other than Roberts?

Goodness what I meant by that was they are posting his pic up there when he was never there.....

As they say in long island Fugghedaboudit!

I think the confusion stemmed from you saying they posted the wrong picture there, not that it was posted in the wrong spot. Didn't know what you meant by that. Wrong picture of RM?

:floorlaugh:

I think the confusion stemmed from you saying they posted the wrong picture there, not that it was posted in the wrong spot. Didn't know what you meant by that. Wrong picture of RM?

Never mind I was going someplace very different with that statement.
Had nothing at all to do with RM but who might have driven the car there.

Like law and order..... they ask questions right and show a pic they say have you seen this person around here lately and when ya say no they might show you another pic of another person! How about this person? You might not have seen the first person but maybe saw the other one.

Never mind I was going someplace very different with that statement.
Had nothing at all to do with RM but who might have driven the car there.

Like law and order..... they ask questions right and show a pic they say have you seen this person around here lately and when ya say no they might show you another pic of another person! How about this person? You might not have seen the first person but maybe saw the other one.

Gotcha.

I am really curious about this gentleman's club--- a lot of the men I worked with used to go to one at lunch (great lunch specials...lol) but it was a classy place (if you can use those two words in the same sentence) not one of the sleezier kind like across town. Anyway, my point is even the married guys went and sometimes their wives met them for lunch--- or after work for a couple of drinks before heading home. Respectable people. How bad is this place? does it even look like a possibility of someplace RM might go to meet a friend even if he didnt normally go to these places?

If you are local and you take pictures of the area, you may post them here as long as you identify that you took them.

That scary huh? Only seen google pics and you know how that is.... unless trash everywhere, they make every neighborhood look at Least "okay"

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2[/

If I was a 6' tall man I don't think I would be so scared of the area, but yes, it is very desolate, many deserted buildings, overgrowth, the recycling plant is nearby and the landfill is about a block over. If anyone knows if it is possible to post pictures here, I would be happy to go out tomorrow and take some for everyone.

I am really curious about this gentleman's club--- a lot of the men I worked with used to go to one at lunch (great lunch specials...lol) but it was a classy place (if you can use those two words in the same sentence) not one of the sleezier kind like across town. Anyway, my point is even the married guys went and sometimes their wives met them for lunch--- or after work for a couple of drinks before heading home. Respectable people. How bad is this place? does it even look like a possibility of someplace RM might go to meet a friend even if he didnt normally go to these places?

Having never been inside, i can only speak for the exterior...the exterior actually looks pretty well maintained and has neon signs, although kind of tacky, it looks pretty decent. I've seen way worse. Do I think it might be the kind of place a person like RM might go to? Sure, especially given the proximity to a place we already know he has been know to go to-Arrow.

I

I am sorry but I have never known a man who has wanted to spend a night away. And my husband has never done it. Sure he will spend a day playing golf with his buddies but he has never stopped after work for a drink with the guys or spent a night a way. Maybe a generational thing? I remember the one time I had to for work reasons, he hated it and surprised me with a candlelight dinner via room service and video skype call. I really dont think it is as unusual as one might think. All my friends but one say the. Same thing when I asked them because of this case. It has nothing to do with a "short leash" as many of them laughed and said "I wish he would once in a while so I could hog the whole bed!"

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, I just thought I would mention because every marriage is different and it seems the norm for men RM's age.

I have to disagree here. So not the norm for me and my friends and we are all "of the age" give or take a few years.

Once you have children who are involved in things like travel sports and clubs, it is impossible for your child to participate without dragging the whole family along if you insist on sleeping with your spouse in the same bed every night of your entire marriage. After awhile it gets real old to the other kids and you have no choice but to send one parent on the trip while the other stays home with the test if the family.

And what about business travel? Sheesh I couldn't even begin to count how many times either of us had to go out of town for work for a few days. Before and after kids.

That would be awesome if it is allowed by mods! Maybe with an idea of what area looks like, it might trigger something with someone. Didnt know about gentleman's club in that area...seems like an odd area for one but who knows? Is it the kind someone like RM would frequent or is it a really seedy one (like area)? Maybe met a "friend" there after stopping at scrap yard... it would make sense why he turned off phone...if wife called she would hear music, if phone off, he could claim he didnt know it was off or something

Mods say I can take pictures as long as I identify I took them. Will try tomorrow at lunchtime. The idea of turning off the phone so wife wouldn't hear music is really interesting.

on facebook's Missing page a poster states "i thought i saw him today on a train" when i looked at her page she appears to come from Massachusetts. it was also stated by another poster to call the police if she really thinks she saw him.
does R have any connection to Massachusetts?

Mods if this is wrong to post please remove thanks in advance
https://www.facebook.com/missingcases?ref=br_tf

on facebook's Missing page a poster states "i thought i saw him today on a train" when i looked at her page she appears to come from Massachusetts. it was also stated by another poster to call the police if she really thinks she saw him.
does R have any connection to Massachusetts?

Mods if this is wrong to post please remove thanks in advance
https://www.facebook.com/missingcases?ref=br_tf

very young girl and she only said she "Thought" she saw him...like 4 hrs ago.

If I understand right, It was checked, just not with dogs. Which makes sense to me as he was there so dogs would. Pick that up and confuse them..or would it??

Sweetnspicy---there was alot of discussion about "scents"--I had lots of questions (shocking I know) about if they could be "confused" with other scents like lime, rubbing alcohol etc. Also questions about the dogs being used.

They've had the car for 2 months and concluded early on no crime was committed, at least no evidence of it. So I have to believe cadaver dogs or some sort of forensics were used on the car at some point.

ForceTen-- could the car be kept to "preserve" the scents ?? Or is that totally illogical?

Do we know if car was even examined yet,or is it awaiting examination?

ForceTen-- could the car be kept to "preserve" the scents ?? Or is that totally illogical?

All they need is his clothes or something hes worn they don't need the car!

His car might not get released because she is not the owner like when your car is towed and taken to the impound u need registration drivers lic and proof of ins..... maybe she dosent have these things to get it back.

Maybe they cant find the title to it?
maybe its not registered to them?

something is holding that car!
Could even be the IRS!
Repossession!

Just my thinking here but I think money problems are the cause of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill