NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't follow that case. What was the reason for LE taking his trucks?

The car was not impounded. No one knows how long the car was there.

Im not saying it was impounded Im saying it could just be in their lot for safekeeping if he returns. I don't think there was anything found in it of use to LE.

Marks Trucks were taken because his son went missing and his son was last seen in his truck.... and last seen with Mark Redwine so his trucks and his home were scoured for evidence and his trucks were returned to him days or week later.

Has anyone here done a time line and a list of what we do know and what are our theories? I am wondering after four threads if we are re-hashing the same theories, not bad in concept but could water down our group resources.

I would submit that if someone had the time to sit down and make up a time line and lists based on the content of the four threads, we could easily see what facts we know, the timeline (as we know it) and the prevalent theories.

We could review the prevalent theories against what facts we are privy to and see if any should be moved to the top of the list.

Perhaps something would jump out at us that has been overlooked? :twocents:

Has anyone here done a time line and a list of what we do know and what are our theories? I am wondering after four threads if we are re-hashing the same theories, not bad in concept but could water down our group resources.

I would submit that if someone had the time to sit down and make up a time line and lists based on the content of the four threads, we could easily see what facts we know, the timeline (as we know it) and the prevalent theories.

We could review the prevalent theories against what facts we are privy to and see if any should be moved to the top of the list.

That would be great for newcomers to the thread! :)

Im not saying it was impounded Im saying it could just be in their lot for safekeeping if he returns. I don't think there was anything found in it of use to LE.

Marks Trucks were taken because his son went missing and his son was last seen in his truck.... and last seen with Mark Redwine so his trucks and his home were scoured for evidence and his trucks were returned to him days or week later.

Yes his trucks (Redwine) were returned, even though he is still being investigated as they did another very specific search of his house last week. So LE was able to check for blood, etc. and take samples and return the vehicles pretty quickly, in that case.

We have no information from LE. I don't know of any public statement by them other than "we do not believe a crime has been committed". Does anyone else know of a statement from LE? The FACTS as I know them...RM is gone from the public eye. His car was found at the train station. Everything else depends on who you want to believe. Much of it comes from Ida.

Yes. It is one thing to suspect he have just up and left his wife but when you throw his kids and parents into the mix, to leave them behind with out a care.....it doesn't mirror this man's character IMO.

Are we certain that no contact at all has been made? A letter left for any of them, an email, a text????

And IMO--leaving a spouse is different than leaving the kids--- the kids are not the marriage nor a parent. He could very well have been and be in contact with them. Just not presenting himself.

We have no information from LE. I don't know of any public statement by them other than "we do not believe a crime has been committed". Does anyone else know of a statement from LE? The FACTS as I know them...RM is gone from the public eye. His car was found at the train station. Everything else depends on who you want to believe. Much of it comes from Ida.

You are correct. It is not illegal to go missing. I am just making the suggestion that having anything we know, theories and a time line would help prevent rehashing the same things and make catching up for new members a lot faster than reading through four threads. I use this in business all the time. In particular I have found the Ishikawa Diagram (also called fish bone diagram) to be a great help in keeping what I know or suspect about a process or event very clear and organized. The same diagram is used by LE for the same purposes I am suggesting here.

Just a suggestion, nothing more.

You are correct. It is not illegal to go missing. I am just making the suggestion that having anything we know, theories and a time line would help prevent rehashing the same things and make catching up for new members a lot faster than reading through four threads. I use this in business all the time. In particular I have found the Ishikawa Diagram (also called fish bone diagram) to be a great help in keeping what I know or suspect about a process or event very clear and organized. The same diagram is used by LE for the same purposes I am suggesting here.

Just a suggestion, nothing more.

Sounds like a great idea.

Ok, as promised, I went out at lunchtime and took some pictures of the area surrounding Arrow. I haven't done this before so hopefully they will post correctly. I THINK what you have to do is click on my user name and view my Album. someone please let me know if this worked!
I drove north on Jersey Street, which borders the east side of the landfill, then made a right on Patton and then next right onto Kean. As I was driving away, what caught my eye was what appears to be a cell tower, only a few hundred feet from Arrow. If it is in fact cell tower, I now have to believe RMs phone was off, thrown out etc BEFORE he got to Arrow. JMO

Ok, as promised, I went out at lunchtime and took some pictures of the area surrounding Arrow. I haven't done this before so hopefully they will post correctly. I THINK what you have to do is click on my user name and view my Album. someone please let me know if this worked!
I drove north on Jersey Street, which borders the east side of the landfill, then made a right on Patton and then next right onto Kean. As I was driving away, what caught my eye was what appears to be a cell tower, only a few hundred feet from Arrow. If it is in fact cell tower, I now have to believe RMs phone was off, thrown out etc BEFORE he got to Arrow. JMO

This did work. I was able to view the pictures. I had to click on your profile, then click on your album.

Thank you! The area looks so creepy.

WOW these are great thanks so much for doing this!
And I think your right about the phone too!

OK, so here's something to put a smile on your face.

A FB friend of mine posts "Does anyone know a place I can sell some scrap?" I was like :silly: and :floorlaugh:

Ok sooooo why would dogs not be called in to search the scrap yard?

1. They know he left there
2. he was seen someplace else?

It is interesting.

I just looked at the pictures again... That cell phone tower is even closer to Arrow than I thought. Look at the picture that shows the south side of Arrow... Tower is directly behind it.

Good pictures! Thanks for taking them. I wonder if that is indeed a cell tower. I really can't imagine how there can be zero pings between 1:45 in Melville and 2:45 wherever. In between, he had to have passed cell towers going to Arrow. This never made sense to me.

Mark redwine got his trucks back.
I think the only reason they still have it is because the person that owns it is missing!
And does LE have the car or is it in impound?

I know you are not addressing me, but they are probably holding the vehicle because the case is still open. We have no idea why LE told the media why they think no crime has happened. It could be that the evidence so far tells them that it looks like no foul play occurred. Keep in mind, they may not be sure of it! Time will tell, but best to be on the safe side and hold the car. Besides, the NYC area is very populated. I'm sure there is a backlog of processing evidence and releasing vehicles.

JMO

Sorry I didn't follow that case. What was the reason for LE taking his trucks?

The car was not impounded. No one knows how long the car was there.

IMO, the difference was between a search warrant of a POI's vehicles and a car of a missing person found at a train station. I'm pretty sure the Redwine trucks were searched and held for a limited time with a warrant. As you know, this is a totally different scenario than the Robert Mayer missing case.

I know you are not addressing me, but they are probably holding the vehicle because the case is still open. We have no idea why LE told the media why they think no crime has happened. It could be that the evidence so far tells them that it looks like no foul play occurred. Keep in mind, they may not be sure of it! Time will tell, but best to be on the safe side and hold the car. Besides, the NYC area is very populated. I'm sure there is a backlog of processing evidence and releasing vehicles.

JMO

Well ya know they might be holding the car because the car is proof no one but him was in the car and there is no evidence of foul play. They might be holding this car in case he comes back and they will charge him with a crime of staging his own disappearance... Just a thought!
this way it cant be tampered with.
Just my ramblings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members