NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This did work. I was able to view the pictures. I had to click on your profile, then click on your album.

How come I cant see a place for pictures on profile? I cant even find a link :(

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 4

Ok, as promised, I went out at lunchtime and took some pictures of the area surrounding Arrow. I haven't done this before so hopefully they will post correctly. I THINK what you have to do is click on my user name and view my Album. someone please let me know if this worked!
I drove north on Jersey Street, which borders the east side of the landfill, then made a right on Patton and then next right onto Kean. As I was driving away, what caught my eye was what appears to be a cell tower, only a few hundred feet from Arrow. If it is in fact cell tower, I now have to believe RMs phone was off, thrown out etc BEFORE he got to Arrow. JMO

Great work, thanks! I seen threads where photos have been posted into the thread, I like thumbnails best when doing that...

The security cameras on Arrow stood out... the area is more desolate than I imagined...

Click on Teamilk8's name, and then click view public profile. Once on, there is a photo album on the right. Hope this helps!

I found this website today. It shows pictures of the searches. The only new "fact" that I see is that the car was locked when found. Probably not important, but hey, you never know.

http://helpfindrobertmayer.com/

Didn't we know from the beginning that the car was locked? I remember locked car, no keys, no phone. I'll try to dig it up but it was probably on the original FB page.

Nevermind, it is my phone app not working, once on the internet I found them. thank you! Yes very interesting about cell tower being right next to arrow! I wonder if the person that identified RM being at the scrapyard remembers if RM had phone in hand, attached to hip or even maybe noticed it sitting on car seat.
Also curious about all the cameras...the way it sounded by reports I thought there was only one above door. I see at least two covering the door alone.. I can see one camera not working that day, but all of them???? jmo I think not!

What is east of arrow? Like near that major road (or so it looks), the one that heads south.

A few things:

- this case is on Long Island, not in NYC and not in NYC jurisdiction. It may as well be in another state as far as NYPD is concerned.

- there are very few places on Long Island where you don't get cell service and these areas are mostly on the north shore where the terrain is hilly. In these areas you lose it, drive a block or 2 and get it back. sometimes your call drops. Impossible to hold a conversation on 25A in Fort Salonga, for example. And just a reminder, when you have cell service, you are hitting a tower.

Has anyone here done a time line and a list of what we do know and what are our theories? I am wondering after four threads if we are re-hashing the same theories, not bad in concept but could water down our group resources.

I would submit that if someone had the time to sit down and make up a time line and lists based on the content of the four threads, we could easily see what facts we know, the timeline (as we know it) and the prevalent theories.

We could review the prevalent theories against what facts we are privy to and see if any should be moved to the top of the list.

Perhaps something would jump out at us that has been overlooked? :twocents:

There is a very good timeline on Robert's facebook search group page. Could a member of that group ask to see if we could use it? Might as well have facts to work with.

Click on my username, the when you get to my profile, look over to the right and you will see My Albums. Then click on the name of the album.

Ok, as promised, I went out at lunchtime and took some pictures of the area surrounding Arrow. I haven't done this before so hopefully they will post correctly. I THINK what you have to do is click on my user name and view my Album. someone please let me know if this worked!
I drove north on Jersey Street, which borders the east side of the landfill, then made a right on Patton and then next right onto Kean. As I was driving away, what caught my eye was what appears to be a cell tower, only a few hundred feet from Arrow. If it is in fact cell tower, I now have to believe RMs phone was off, thrown out etc BEFORE he got to Arrow. JMO

Great job with the photos! Is the landfill still used and if so, does it smell at all? Is it closed off with gates?
TIA

Didn't we know from the beginning that the car was locked? I remember locked car, no keys, no phone. I'll try to dig it up but it was probably on the original FB page.

I recall the car was locked and the keys missing.

Teamilk, thank you so much!

I had not realized how many potential places he could be: landfill, squished in one of those scrap squeezer things, brush, abandoned building, it goes on and on.

But, when you so beautifully showed the cameras, I suddenly wondered if the story about the cameras being broken was not true. Maybe he either was or wasn't on them and left on his own and this just became a good "sorry, dead end" point to talk about.

Despite all the obvious places he could have been dumped by a killer, I am still leaning toward him walking away.

And honestly, if you could walk away from your kids, leaving behind a cool car isn't that big of a deal.

Great job with the photos! Is the landfill still used and if so, does it smell at all? Is it closed off with gates?
TIA

Yes the landfill is still used and oh yes it does smell! I think there are gates but I'm not sure what street the access is on, it could be On Patton. I started out traveling east on Patton but the road closes off and you can't proceed on it once you are at the landfill, so I made a right on Field Street, took that down to Edison, then left onto Jersey Street which is the street that borders the landfill on the east side. There is also a recycling center , lots of truck activity around there.
There are cemeteries to the north (along Patton) and south (along Edison) too, and what looks like either a sump/ wooded area on Edison after you pass the New Montefiore Cemetery.

Teamilk, thank you so much!

I had not realized how many potential places he could be: landfill, squished in one of those scrap squeezer things, brush, abandoned building, it goes on and on.

But, when you so beautifully showed the cameras, I suddenly wondered if the story about the cameras being broken was not true. Maybe he either was or wasn't on them and left on his own and this just became a good "sorry, dead end" point to talk about.

Despite all the obvious places he could have been dumped by a killer, I am still leaning toward him walking away.

And honestly, if you could walk away from your kids, leaving behind a cool car isn't that big of a deal.

If you believe in NCNY in that his car was seen on a neighbor's surveillance video...and assume Rob was driving the car, all of these photos and everything in them are meaningless. Not that the effort isn't greatly appreciated. It absolutely is. But, I think Rob was at his house after the scrap yard.

A few things...
First, that area around the scrap yard...BAD. Very bad. Lots of abandoned buildings. Empty lots. Heavy gang activity, drug activity. I cannot stress this enough.

Second, maybe he scrapped the phone???
Arrow has a unique patent for scrapping electronics, memory cards, computers...just a thought. Would they HAVE to devulge that info?
As always, just thinking out loud.

Seeing that cell tower today right behind Arrow really got me thinking.

If anyone would like more photos, let me know. As creepy as it is in that area, I'm happy to help out

Seeing that cell tower today right behind Arrow really got me thinking.

If anyone would like more photos, let me know. As creepy as it is in that area, I'm happy to help out

Great pics. So many cameras...and yet...nothing! How very strange.
I know that area well....nothing good happens there.
:scared::scared::scared:

IMO, the difference was between a search warrant of a POI's vehicles and a car of a missing person found at a train station. I'm pretty sure the Redwine trucks were searched and held for a limited time with a warrant. As you know, this is a totally different scenario than the Robert Mayer missing case.

That was my kind of line of thinking too. POI vs. Missing Person, apples and oranges. Without knowing much of the case, I decided best to not comment.

I just looked at the pictures again... That cell phone tower is even closer to Arrow than I thought. Look at the picture that shows the south side of Arrow... Tower is directly behind it.

Not to downplay your find (it is a great find) but it could be because the phone may have been still tethered to the tower in Melville. But once it was too far out of range from the one in Melville it would jump to another tower and ping it, yet never did. I'm not an expert just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman