NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does their last phone call sound so different from how I remember it being described before?

I read this earlier today. Good writing.
A friend of a friend or relative perhaps.

Let's remember one thing, all info is coming from one source. :twocents:

Why does their last phone call sound so different from how I remember it being described before?

There's a very interesting case happening right now where I live.
I won't go into it, a topic for another thread.

It's all about politics and power plays.

There's 3 sides to every story.
Yours, theirs, and the truth. Wink Wink.

New story on the case. A little bit more about Robert too. Also, he did usually put his tools and other stuff in the trunk. His lunch box was missing, which he usually takes with him.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...o-one-knows-where-he-is/news/2013/08/15/73123

Interesting news story!
Once again I see it mentioned how he would never park his car at the train station...
Also mention of the car seat in wrong position and tracking dogs not finding his scent at the train station..

Those three things BBM have me wondering if they were done intentionally for some reason. It's interesting, they are related and seem too coincidental...

I'm thinking it's some kind of ruse!

Perps now-a-days know about things like car seat position use of tracking dogs...

How was it described before? I do find the call being cut-off a tad odd. Maybe because he is missing. I wonder if it was because of the phone service or did he hang up on her?

Anyone else having trouble with site tonight?

I feel we've all tossed around many theories. Makes me dizzy and tired.
I was ready to just give up. :twocents:

I get tired of going around in circles with same questions over and over.
:scared: :banghead:

Driving home, I had a few thoughts.
Rob's car was found the next day. (there have been 3 versions as to who found the car).
Let's go with FAQ that good friend the car.
What did that person do next?
Call IM? "OMG! I found his car at the station!" or......... call LE?
What happened next? Did LE automatically arrive with dog?
What is SOP? (Standard operating procedure)
It's a busy Saturday evening on LI. I'm sure LE gets many calls.
Was the car towed away at that point as evidence? Did IM have a key?
Or was LE called, officer shows up and writes report?
How exactly were dogs called in so quickly?

Just tossing this around.......
Anyone with relatives in LE? Perhaps they could help with answers.
TIA. :seeya:

Yup, websleuths servers have been very, very slow and sometimes I would get a message that their servers could not be found. Sometimes it would say the server was not responding.

By the way, good questions on the case. I'm going to hash them over in my mind . . .

Since we can't do anything but speculate, this story makes the phone call/cell phone theory even odder. I brought this up in a previous post a while back, so a quick recap. Of course, all info from one source, IM.

She last spoke to him at 9am, now it appears the call was dropped. IM claims this is last she heard from him. Records show last phone call/ text was to/from IM. This means he doesn't get or make ONE SINGLE call or text all day, from 9am to until the phone dies or is disabled. A bit odd in itself considering he works on location, (no office phone), and uses this phone for work and for personal. That to me is odd, but even weirder that IM says they never really said goodbye because of all the loud noise (I guess contractors are making noise at 9am, they must start early too, along with the electricians?).

So two things that bother me--

--not even a follow up call or text to / from IM to say "call me when you're on your way" or "call me when you have a minute and its quieter" Something along those lines--AND--Not even a single work call all day?

--I can't believe phone dies since there is basically Zero activity on it all day. Assuming he is working and not playing Candy Crush. So phone must have been purposely disabled.

Since we can't do anything but speculate, this story makes the phone call/cell phone theory even odder. I brought this up in a previous post a while back, so a quick recap. Of course, all info from one source, IM.

She last spoke to him at 9am, now it appears the call was dropped. IM claims this is last she heard from him. Records show last phone call/ text was to/from IM. This means he doesn't get or make ONE SINGLE call or text all day, from 9am to until the phone dies or is disabled. A bit odd in itself considering he works on location, (no office phone), and uses this phone for work and for personal. That to me is odd, but even weirder that IM says they never really said goodbye because of all the loud noise (I guess contractors are making noise at 9am, they must start early too, along with the electricians?).

--not even a follow up call or text to / from IM to say "call me when you're on your way" or "call me when you have a minute and its quieter" Something along those lines--AND--Not even a single work call all day?

--I can't believe phone dies since there is basically Zero activity on it all day. Assuming he is working and not playing Candy Crush. So phone must have been purposely disabled.

I agree. It seems odd that the call was dropped and there was never a reconnect just to complete the call or ask "hey, were we done?". "See you later".

I hate to say it, but I think he may have hung up on her. He couldn't hear her very well and she was going at him with chores that needed to be done. Was it possible he was annoyed? I could be way off base, but sometimes guys react this way to a constant barrage of chore/errand demands. They take it as nagging sometimes. I guess it depends on the couple.

JMO

What happened to the contents of the trunk? Where would they be and why are they missing? Is anyone looking for those artifacts?
Did I really read "lunch pail" and that it is missing? Who'd steal a lunch pail and leave the car?

How is the phone call a 'theory'? That's a head scratcher. I don't see anything odd with this interview or about the call. If anything, IM gave a bit more of a discription to the call and other things. Yet it's complained about that she hasn't said enough. Yet, there you have it. @@ I don't find strange at all that she didn't call him back or vice versa as everything that needed to get said was said. Nor is it strange that he may have not called anyone else. I think we tend to apply too much of our own lives to others, thinking they would do it one way or another.

Ok off my soapbox.

Aside from anything else, I thought it was an amazing article.

If we accept everything in this article as fact (and MOO there is no strong reason not to), and we believe that RM would NEVER have walked away from the family; then we have to suspect foul play or a medical emergency.

In the case of a medical emergency, the car would most likely have been abandoned or left at a medical facility or some information would have been gathered.

Random crime isn't likely if it didn't happen at the Deer Park LIRR Station itself. It would be astounding to believe that RM met with random crime and someone smaller than he left him and the contents of the trunk off somewhere else and proceeded to drive (coincidentally) to the LIRR Station closest to his home and chose to park it in a prominent spot, fail to reposition the seat, lock it up and the what? take the train home?

What happened to the contents of the trunk? Where would they be and why are they missing? Is anyone looking for those artifacts?
Did I really read "lunch pail" and that it is missing? Who'd steal a lunch pail and leave the car?

At this link there is a picture of a typical lunch pail tradesmen would use.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/id.../who_are_you_calling_working_class/?page=full

RM may not have had the exact same kind of lunch pail as this picture. He could have had a plastic box or canvas, etc. to hold his lunch.

How is the phone call a 'theory'? That's a head scratcher. I don't see anything odd with this interview or about the call. If anything, IM gave a bit more of a discription to the call and other things. Yet it's complained about that she hasn't said enough. Yet, there you have it. @@ I don't find strange at all that she didn't call him back or vice versa as everything that needed to get said was said. Nor is it strange that he may have not called anyone else. I think we tend to apply too much of our own lives to others, thinking they would do it one way or another.

Ok off my soapbox.

Aside from anything else, I thought it was an amazing article.

Article states IM kept talking and talking, he was saying he couldn't hear her, he said hold on,etc....call drops. If everything was said that needed to be said, why was she still talking??

If I'm done saying what I have to, I end the call with a "goodbye" or something along those lines. My thoughts or words don't end if I am in the middle of a conversation and a call drops. But maybe you're right, that's just me, I'm abnormal I suppose, and I shouldn't apply too much of my own life to others, as you said. :seeya::

Article states IM kept talking and talking, he was saying he couldn't hear her, he said hold on,etc....call drops. If everything was said that needed to be said, why was she still talking??

If I'm done saying what I have to, I end the call with a "goodbye" or something along those lines. My thoughts or words don't end if I am in the middle of a conversation and a call drops. But maybe you're right, that's just me, I'm abnormal I suppose, and I shouldn't apply too much of my own life to others, as you said. :seeya::

Once in a while when on the phone with my husband a call will drop. We don't call each other back unless we were in the middle of something that couldn't wait. I pretty much think oh well, I'll talk to him later.

Well, normal or abnormal, it is unfortunate that so little communication took place that day between RM and really everybody. Many of us have gotten used to constant contact and especially texting.

I think it's normal to do either, call back or don't call back and catch up later. I myself usually do the latter if a call gets dropped. But maybe HE was done listening to her go on for 45 minutes, maybe relieved the call dropped at all LOL.

I have been wondering about that for a while. He probably had a toolbelt, so where is it??? I get the impression the trunk items are not in the home too, so that means he has them or a perp has them. I can't see him dragging this stuff around with him, especially on a bike or on foot, unless he had a large duffle bag or got into another vehicle. Maybe he got robbed?

Is it possible RM got approached by 1 or 2 guys with a vehicle? They could have robbed him at gunpoint then drove him to an isolated area. The shorter one (a woman?) took the car to the station to throw the police off.

Just some thoughts--- no facts.

New story on the case. A little bit more about Robert too. Also, he did usually put his tools and other stuff in the trunk. His lunch box was missing, which he usually takes with him.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...o-one-knows-where-he-is/news/2013/08/15/73123

Article states that RM was heading home early since it was a Friday, holiday weekend, etc. I totally buy that. But it also states in the 2nd bullet under the pic, he was headed home early as IM expected. So if she expected him home early, and there are a "thousand" chores to do, chaos going into Father's Day weekend, etc, etc, kids coming home from school about that time, I also find it odd that IM was not home and at her parents house instead, as confirmed by our verified insider.

NCNY claims the car is caught on video tape going down the block and leaving again. Between 2:40--2:50 pm I believe, or right around there. And he also said Ida missed him because she was at her parents house.

If there was truly "that much to do" preparing for Father's Day, the son's concert, etc...AND she EXPECTED him home early, dont you think she would have been home waiting for him, doing some of the thousand things she needed done in the meantime? Dont you think she would have been getting all last minute things done BEFORE the kids get home? Anyone with children knows you get 100x more done without them around than with them home. :twocents:
The article really pours it on about how busy of a weekend they had planned. And son's concert was next day.

And also, if she wasn't home, how does she know he was late arriving home?

:twocents:

I think it's normal to do either, call back or don't call back and catch up later. I myself usually do the latter if a call gets dropped. But maybe HE was done listening to her go on for 45 minutes, maybe relieved the call dropped at all LOL.

Force Ten, finally something we agree on!!!:rockon:

I have been wondering about that for a while. He probably had a toolbelt, so where is it??? I get the impression the trunk items are not in the home too, so that means he has them or a perp has them. I can't see him dragging this stuff around with him, especially on a bike or on foot, unless he had a large duffle bag or got into another vehicle. Maybe he got robbed?

Is it possible RM got approached by 1 or 2 guys with a vehicle? They could have robbed him at gunpoint then drove him to an isolated area. The shorter one (a woman?) took the car to the station to throw the police off.

Just some thoughts--- no facts.

I know people are often looking for tools at garage sales, but are tools really all that profitable to steal? We know he didn't have a wallet but he could have had cash, and clearly the cash from the scrap metal dealer, and, of course, he did have an I phone. I can accept that he might have been followed from Arrow and robbed but what happened to him and why would a perp risk driving the vehicle into a prominent location? Is someone going to rob him, drop him off, or worse and then enter his car? Too bad he didn't have On Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee