NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following this case lately so I may be mentioning something useless, but could RM have started work by 5am and if so, would 9am (the time of call w/IM) be somewhat of a "lunch hour" for him??

A local 3 payroll employee stated on FB that the work day is 7-2. Which to me brings up the question, why did he leave at 4:30am? At that time of day it's an hour to an hour and a half to Brooklyn. I'd argue an hour.

A local 3 payroll employee stated on FB that the work day is 7-2. Which to me brings up the question, why did he leave at 4:30am? At that time of day it's an hour to an hour and a half to Brooklyn. I'd argue an hour.

Sometimes foreman like to get to the job site before anyone else to set things up, deal with the dreaded paperwork etc.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Also stated he liked to get there extra early to get a parking spot on the street, since he did not want to pay for parking in the lots. Yet, no street cameras caught the vehicle either apparently. But I do agree that if he truly does start at 7am, leaving at 4:30am (and this day he was supposedly worried he was running late) seems odd.

I think the author took some poetic license which is only causing confusion. But, IM originally said the call ended with RM saying "goodbye, I love you", on a TV interview broadcast, in her own words.

Now the call drops suddenly. And now IM heard RM say "bye, I love you" while sleeping at 4:30am. Prior she said she didn't see him leaving as it was 4:30am and she was sleeping.

So what is it.

Could have easily mixed the two events up. Not exactly changing her story IMO. I think she has been through a lot, not sure if she is coming or going and what's next. Stress and I'm sure severe sleep deprivation has had a profound effect as well. Especially in the first weeks.

Someone else pleasse check FB and JCF post. Please, before it disappears. I don't want to be the only one to see it. Its not bad, just interesting.

So you mean because the person's IP address and location can be captured when you visit a website? That's SOP.

The thing I took away from the blog post was the tools. That puts me right back on the fence.

Tools to an electrician are his livelihood. He cannot work without them. The fact that they are missing is huge, IMO.

So, what if he did take off with another woman? What if he's been carrying on with this woman and communicating using a second phone? It's not unheard of.

Here's a possible scenario (IMO):

- RM sells some copper to make some cash for his new life
- they take HER car, because it would be less conspicuous
- he doesn't need clothes because he's been leaving/buying clothes at gf's
- he forgets something and stops home that day before heading to meet with gf
- he turns off phone at home so it won't be tracked
- at some point he takes all of his tools out of the trunk and (puts them in her car? Wherever he put them they are someplace that he has access to them)
- because HE is going to do the driving, he drives her car to the station while she follows in his. This explains the seat being moved up.
- perhaps when she gets out of the car a water bottle falls on the ground. She picks it up and throws it on the seat, closes the door and jumps into her car without affixing the club because they are in a rush to not be seen. This explains dogs not finding his scent.

Or they took the train together and she drove while he ate his lunch. They don't affix the club because they barely make the train. Perhaps the dogs don't find his scent because the handlers didn't track from the passenger side (I'm less inclined to believe this, however).

The tools just jump out at me. Unless the trunk was emptied to put something else in it, I don't think they are worth much to anyone other than RM.

And the bike, well, he could have left his bike at the gf's house at some point in the days/weeks/whatever before June 14. We don't know how long it's been missing. Perhaps the bike was on a bike rack on her car when they took off.

I know it's hard to imagine anyone leaving their kids but maybe there is more to it that we just don't know. Perhaps he has some reason to be afraid of leaving IM the traditional way. Or perhaps the gf's significant other is the one to fear?

Which brings me to a giant hole in theory #78: Is the gf missing too? I wonder if there's any neighborhood gossip about a woman in the area taking off and leaving her husband?

That is certainly a fantastic scenario though not plausible. There isn't anything to support it.

I haven't read anything that his tools are missing unless I missed that. Only that his trunk was empty. No word about what the contents were, where they ended up or if the contents are missing as well.

That is certainly a fantastic scenario though not plausible. There isn't anything to support it.

I haven't read anything that his tools are missing unless I missed that. Only that his trunk was empty. No word about what the contents were, where they ended up or if the contents are missing as well.

Directly quoted from the latest article/blog report:
■Robert’s cherished bright-red Pontiac was found by a friend of the Mayers’, at the Deer Park train station of the Long Island Rail Road line, seven and a half miles from the Mayers’ home in Dix Hills. Robert is a tall guy – over six feet. The driver’s seat was found moved noticeably forward from where Robert normally had it. The car was locked, but the keys were missing. The trunk, where Robert usually kept tools and other things, was empty. His lunch pail was missing, though there was a bottle of water on the front passenger seat. The car is currently being processed by investigators.

So based on the above, yes, some will surmise the tools are missing and some will argue its not clear that they are missing. But we definitely know the lunch pail is missing!!!!!!!!

■Robert’s cherished bright-red Pontiac was found by a friend of the Mayers’, at the Deer Park train station of the Long Island Rail Road line, seven and a half miles from the Mayers’ home in Dix Hills. Robert is a tall guy – over six feet. The driver’s seat was found moved noticeably forward from where Robert normally had it. The car was locked, but the keys were missing. The trunk, where Robert usually kept tools and other things, was empty. His lunch pail was missing, though there was a bottle of water on the front passenger seat. The car is currently being processed by investigators.

So based on the above, yes, some will surmise the tools are missing and some will argue its not clear that they are missing. But we definitely know the lunch pail is missing!!!!!!!!

Yes, thank you. I wonder if it was an actual Lunch 'Pail'? Adults generally don't use lunch pails LOL. Maybe a tote or small cooler. Different people have different names for things I guess, like couch verses sofa, etc.

I think the author took some poetic license which is only causing confusion. But, IM originally said the call ended with RM saying "goodbye, I love you", on a TV interview broadcast, in her own words.

Now the call drops suddenly. And now IM heard RM say "bye, I love you" while sleeping at 4:30am. Prior she said she didn't see him leaving as it was 4:30am and she was sleeping.

So what is it.

Hmmm, good catch!

Can we stop being so cryptic? What are you all talking about?

Can we stop being so cryptic? What are you all talking about?

It's on the FB page. What someone posted. Not sure what she is pointing out other than maybe people in Australia have heard of the case.

And Robert

I just find it interesting that IM was searched also. Sorry for all the confusion. I just didn't want to bring up past history. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000