NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it interesting that IM was searched also. Sorry for all the confusion. I just didn't want to bring up past history. That's all.

I don't see that, I can only see that there was a search for Robert Mayer missing flyer. Where do you see IM was searched?

I don't see that, I can only see that there was a search for Robert Mayer missing flyer. Where do you see IM was searched?

OMG..... Just realized he was referred to a website. My sincere apologies. Forgiveness :please:

No need for forgiveness! We're all confused! :truce:

No kidding. I wish I knew what the "F" everyone is talking about. All I get is "it's on FB". Ok I checked. Can't find it amongst the zillions of posts. You'd think people here are guarding the DaVinci Code. LOL

No kidding. I wish I knew what the "F" everyone is talking about. All I get is "it's on FB". Ok I checked. Can't find it amongst the zillions of posts. You'd think people here are guarding the DaVinci Code. LOL

You just made me LOL.

There is a post with a screen shot of someone's webpage, where she set up a dedicated page for RM. The screen shot is of a google search from Australia, where they typed "robert mayer missing flyer", which led to her dedicated page. She found it interesting that someone from Australia was searching for RM's flyer.

I LOL'd too.

Seriously, my brain is fried. It is full of he said, she said, she shouldn't say this, he shouldn't say that, I didn't say that, what did she say, and the ultimate, "oh no she di'int".

I swore the other night I was walking away from this, yet here I am, sneaking posts at work.

Wouldn't his mom know if he had been unhappy . I wonder if his family likes his wife?

ElizaAvalon--- the tools missing and oterwise is a great area of discussion-- I had questioned whether there was a secure place the eletricians locked their tools. And why RM had his in the car. As foreman I would not think he was working with his tools, rather managing the job. And is the phone his personal one or company issued???

ElizaAvalon--- the tools missing and oterwise is a great area of discussion-- I had questioned whether there was a secure place the eletricians locked their tools. And why RM had his in the car. As foreman I would not think he was working with his tools, rather managing the job. And is the phone his personal one or company issued???

Company issued used for both work and personal use.

The thing I took away from the blog post was the tools. That puts me right back on the fence.

Tools to an electrician are his livelihood. He cannot work without them. The fact that they are missing is huge, IMO.

So, what if he did take off with another woman? What if he's been carrying on with this woman and communicating using a second phone? It's not unheard of.

Here's a possible scenario (IMO):

- RM sells some copper to make some cash for his new life
- they take HER car, because it would be less conspicuous
- he doesn't need clothes because he's been leaving/buying clothes at gf's
- he forgets something and stops home that day before heading to meet with gf
- he turns off phone at home so it won't be tracked
- at some point he takes all of his tools out of the trunk and (puts them in her car? Wherever he put them they are someplace that he has access to them)
- because HE is going to do the driving, he drives her car to the station while she follows in his. This explains the seat being moved up.
- perhaps when she gets out of the car a water bottle falls on the ground. She picks it up and throws it on the seat, closes the door and jumps into her car without affixing the club because they are in a rush to not be seen. This explains dogs not finding his scent.

Or they took the train together and she drove while he ate his lunch. They don't affix the club because they barely make the train. Perhaps the dogs don't find his scent because the handlers didn't track from the passenger side (I'm less inclined to believe this, however).

The tools just jump out at me. Unless the trunk was emptied to put something else in it, I don't think they are worth much to anyone other than RM.

And the bike, well, he could have left his bike at the gf's house at some point in the days/weeks/whatever before June 14. We don't know how long it's been missing. Perhaps the bike was on a bike rack on her car when they took off.

I know it's hard to imagine anyone leaving their kids but maybe there is more to it that we just don't know. Perhaps he has some reason to be afraid of leaving IM the traditional way. Or perhaps the gf's significant other is the one to fear?

Which brings me to a giant hole in theory #78: Is the gf missing too? I wonder if there's any neighborhood gossip about a woman in the area taking off and leaving her husband?

On the one point I bolded, why would he want to be so secretive? I can see a man escaping an intolerable situation (needed to break free or go bonkers), but sneaking away so his scent won't be picked up seems over the top, IMO. However, I don't think it is implausible that he took off with another woman. Who knows? Maybe he got really friendly with a woman who ran a coffee shop in Brooklyn and they both moved to the west coast.

JMO

On the one point I bolded, why would he want to be so secretive? I can see a man escaping an intolerable situation (needed to break free or go bonkers), but sneaking away so his scent won't be picked up seems over the top, IMO. However, I don't think it is implausible that he took off with another woman. Who knows? Maybe he got really friendly with a woman who ran a coffee shop in Brooklyn and they both moved to the west coast.

JMO

I didn't mean to imply that was the reason he didn't drive his car. I merely was pointing out that the gf driving his car and RM driving her car, in my fantastic scenario, would mean he never got out of the car. Hence, no scent.

Wouldn't his mom know if he had been unhappy . I wonder if his family likes his wife?

Very good question. I would also like to know if he has siblings and if so, what are their thoughts? Also, where do they live? Seems like none of his family has come forward publicly on this case. If he was on good terms with them, he may come out of the woodwork if they plead for him to call home. Everyone just wants to know if he is okay. He is free to live the life he chooses. Hopely, he is okay and no foul play happened.

Very good question. I would also like to know if he has siblings and if so, what are their thoughts? Also, where do they live? Seems like none of his family has come forward publicly on this case. If he was on good terms with them, he may come out of the woodwork if they plead for him to call home. Everyone just wants to know if he is okay. He is free to live the life he chooses. Hopely, he is okay and no foul play happened.

His sister was interviewed in the beginning at the train station, in another interview she was right there next to IM.

He has a sister she was at that last search I believe

Yes, thank you. I wonder if it was an actual Lunch 'Pail'? Adults generally don't use lunch pails LOL. Maybe a tote or small cooler. Different people have different names for things I guess, like couch verses sofa, etc.

But it was missing, whatever it was called. I wondering if a little PI search (calls to his supervisor) would answer some questions. For example, did he leave anything at the jobsite? Perhaps there was a trailer or a lockable room on site where he could have left his tools. Maybe he forgot his lunch pail too? LE probably checked this out. Yet, from what I have read, it seems like Robert didn't trust leaving his possessions behind.

Just some thoughts . .

But it was missing, whatever it was called. I wondering if a little PI search (calls to his supervisor) would answer some questions. For example, did he leave anything at the jobsite? Perhaps there was a trailer or a lockable room on site where he could have left his tools. Maybe he forgot his lunch pail too? LE probably checked this out. Yet, from what I have read, it seems like Robert didn't trust leaving his possessions behind.

Just some thoughts . .

If he left his car behind his tools could be in a dumpster.

I agree that most of what you say is likely enough. But random (and apparently short - lol) druggies, as you say, have no advantage in making it seem that a stranger disappeared. There is more risk in driving the vehicle especially when you do not know who or where your victim is from. Add to that, you happpen to park in a prominent spot in the victim's local station. Is that smart (knowing that druggies probably aren't thinking well, as you mention)? That area is full of cemeteries, abandoned properties and strip malls if you wanted to get a vehicle as far away from the crime scene and maybe bide yourself more time. Idk... The car in the LIRR just causes me to wonder beyond the usual random crime.

Wish we knew if other people had searched the lot on Friday or earlier Saturday. Who left that prime parking spot open and at what time? Someone may not have seen RM but may have seen the red GTO parking in the lot. It is a little late now to stake out the station for witnesses.

I know what you mean, which is why this case is a bear. Yet, seems like there are holes in all the other theories too. I don't think it is impossible though. Desperate people (addicts) do desperate things, then they sometimes cover their tracks when they come to their senses. For example, the bank robbers who rob a bank with out any disguise. Overall in my opinion, it seems like a crime (if it is a crime) committed by someone he knew, because it is so clean. JMO

Just some thoughts . .

Contractors I believe in general would not leave their tools at a site unless it was in some lockbox. They lose tools,that's their livelyhood, they're screwed.

JMO

Parking the car in the one place he would never want it parked, leaving no scent outside the car, and leaving the car seat too up close to the steering wheel for his size - so strange to have three things like that... seems like a ruse, but can't figure out the sense of it..

Thinking about having a secret affair... very tricky in that let's say he meets someone where he works. They would not right from the moment they first meet say - "let's not be seen by anyone". There always some flirting, some testing to see if the other person's interested, that takes place before things get serious... what I trying to say is those around him would mostly likely see/sense that something going on, or about to go on, or that he's got a roving eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000