NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how many family murder-suicides we've seen reported in the past few years, I can see leaving a family behind as a much better alternative, IMO.

when i said something more I meant she definelty knows more information that she is letting the searches know about. That is a fact. They state it all the time on FB that certain questions can't be answered due to ongoing investigation.

So there is some information that IM may (or may not) have from LE that can't be released to the public. If we already know that is usually the case why make it sound like IM is doing anything wrong? We know she may have more information that can't be released yet, doesn't make it anything nefarious.

Just thought of this...
If phone records must be subpoenaed, how was the information about the pinging at 1:45 obtained?

You don't have to be using your phone for it to ping - it just needs to be on in the vicinity of a cell tower.

This is my understanding too. I heard the subject explained as.... the physical cell phone "regularly" (sorry I do not know the exact time check) sends a signal out to tower as to say.... "you there". Tower responds "yes" or "you are getting weak and I am handing you off to another tower closer to you" or "no reply which is like 'no service'. In addition, the receiver/transmitter on a tower has something called CIDs - that describe the direction from the tower that the cell was when communicating. This makes me wonder about the reported "last ping at 1:45". If one knew the service provider's ping time period (my phrase), seems that could give data (either where it was or if no ping) that more specifically identifies the time the cell stopped working. :banghead: I do believe this is all too technical for me to be even talking about it.

Remember bubble boy? The kid was reported missing he was hiding in the home the entire time. All for what exactly?

I thought that was balloon boy.

sniped and BBM:

I would guess a SAR drone would be more effective and less costly in this particular instance.

This is an amazing use of nano technology to me for searches. I agree it is best suited for certain environments and would not work well in others. I know the whole subject of drones is somewhat controversial; to me it seems like an exciting new use of technology for rescues, some searches and who knows what else. I saw a program on Discovery Channel where they have them the size of a hummingbird ... and trying to go even smaller. Remember saying... " I wish I was a fly on the wall"... well we may just live long enough to be one. Watch out for the fly swatter.

Just thought of this...
If phone records must be subpoenaed, how was the information about the pinging at 1:45 obtained?

I believe it was reported by both RM's wife and MSM that the phone RM carried was a company phone that he used for both work and personal. The company could have authorized records of the cell..... is my opinion.

Okay, this may seem out of left field and maybe it is....or maybe I have just watched too much tv in the past couple years since I cant be as active as I like but.....

RM worked for the union. (Now please nobody take offense, I used to work for union too, although different field) anyway, as a foreman, would he not be exposed to info on the "inside"? Paybacks, code violations, whatever (sorry not real familiar with this industry except that I bought a house...lol and I dont think that counts)

is it possible that he found out info he was. Going to report against the company he worked for or. The union? I do not know if this kind of organized crime still exists on a large scale. Havent heard much in the last decade or so... but then again I really havent been "watching" for it.

This "organized" theory is starting to make a little sense and not so far out there if this is possible. I mean RM seems like a really good guy and everyone likes him.. it would explain why nobody has seen anything...would it not?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Seems as possible as any other theory at this point Sweetnspicy.
Although possible, I have not seen any red flags or indicators that point to that direction. Possibilities... yes; evidence .... not that jumps out.

Since we are in a public forum, discussing other posters is like gossiping about someone when they are not in the room.

Additionally, if you have questions about moderation, please PM a mod or admin. You can find us toward the bottom of the page, our names are bolded.

Okay, this may seem out of left field and maybe it is....or maybe I have just watched too much tv in the past couple years since I cant be as active as I like but.....

RM worked for the union. (Now please nobody take offense, I used to work for union too, although different field) anyway, as a foreman, would he not be exposed to info on the "inside"? Paybacks, code violations, whatever (sorry not real familiar with this industry except that I bought a house...lol and I dont think that counts)

is it possible that he found out info he was. Going to report against the company he worked for or. The union? I do not know if this kind of organized crime still exists on a large scale. Havent heard much in the last decade or so... but then again I really havent been "watching" for it.

This "organized" theory is starting to make a little sense and not so far out there if this is possible. I mean RM seems like a really good guy and everyone likes him.. it would explain why nobody has seen anything...would it not?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Not out of left field at all--- I had wondered if he saw something, was privy to info, saw something with another trade on the job and felt it was best to vanish. The fact that alot of people are not speaking, not searching for him speaks volumes.

I believe it was reported by both RM's wife and MSM that the phone RM carried was a company phone that he used for both work and personal. The company could have authorized records of the cell..... is my opinion.

That brings up a question (I will pause and let everyone get over their shock that I am posing a question--:floorlaugh:) with a company issued phone how much "personal" use is allowable?? I wondered at that--is there an acceptable time amount? Since the company is paying the bills, I am sure they know everything-every call, text etc. Same with the computers in the office---*advertiser censored* sites, shopping sites, checking personal emails etc

That brings up a question (I will pause and let everyone get over their shock that I am posing a question--:floorlaugh:) with a company issued phone how much "personal" use is allowable?? I wondered at that--is there an acceptable time amount? Since the company is paying the bills, I am sure they know everything-every call, text etc. Same with the computers in the office---*advertiser censored* sites, shopping sites, checking personal emails etc

I think they all get unlimited phone text and data so they don't care they pay the same amount anyway. Just my :twocents:

Ok so would that mean Ida was checking his phone calls and saw who he was speaking to?

Was it not said he was texting someone she didn't want him to talk to or something like that? the mystery man?

Eileen-- I was thinking about the actual paper bills being checked by accounting of the contractor who empolyed RM-- JG Electric (I think it is??) And speaking of them---we have yet to hear from them.

Was their home searched?
Could he be made to appear to be missing but not be?

Thats a thought Eileen-------we have heard alot of the "garage" at the house--nothing of interior--RM left things in the garage and then left from there. It sounds (or is made to sound) that the last time he was ever in the house is when he left for work in the early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3