NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We went into a lot of detail about this on previous threads. I personally believe it was NOT Friday, it was early Sat AM, since it was right upfront....too good of a spot to get on a Fri afternoon when people were still not home from working i the city. :twocents:

I was about to dispute this; thinking," commuters come home early on Friday", but decided you are right. I forgot about the theatre and other events which people would commute to later in the day and snag any upfront parking place.

So did he run away for the night and then think, "This is pretty good"?

We went into a lot of detail about this on previous threads. I personally believe it was NOT Friday, it was early Sat AM, since it was right upfront....too good of a spot to get on a Fri afternoon when people were still not home from working i the city. :twocents:

I have always thought that too...I think it was a planned leave. And he left anything and everything that tied him to his family or to his wife. ID, car, took the bike to ride or sell. I believe that he left the ID when he was seen on the neighbors vid.

How do I delete a post? I just made an attempt and failed miserably.

In usercp it says to click edit and you can delete from there. however it also says if you are first on a thread you might delete the whole thread oops:seeya:

just a thought.....never had anyone go missing but I remember reading somewhere that IM had recently watched RM on a Christmas vid. I would release that snippet to media. You can't mask mannerisms. way you walk, move, gesture. might help find him

just a thought.....never had anyone go missing but I remember reading somewhere that IM had recently watched RM on a Christmas vid. I would release that snippet to media. You can't mask mannerisms. way you walk, move, gesture. might help find him

Very little about this man has been shared, mannerisms, hobbies, what sports teams he likes. All would be helpful just in case someone where to spot him either in NY or another state. We really have very few facts and details.

I didn't see the post you spoke about, regarding the Christmas vid. Was it recent? On FB? A lot of posts get deleted over there by the admins when someone adds something to a post they don't like. Makes it difficult to verify, and can drive a person crazy when they know they have seen a comment, and then can't find it.

It was prob on FB. I don't remember seeing it on WS. Pretty sure it was IM who said it. Something about her daughter watching it. I haven't seen a lot of info about RM either on either site. Just his "vitals" so to speak. Ht, Wt etc. It would be so helpful to have specifics I agree:banghead:

We went into a lot of detail about this on previous threads. I personally believe it was NOT Friday, it was early Sat AM, since it was right upfront....too good of a spot to get on a Fri afternoon when people were still not home from working in the city. :twocents:

Or a second car held that spot/was parked in that spot. And THE CAR (jazz hands, glitter---I swear I do have a life beyond jokes and basic silliness) was driven to said spot and left. The actual spot is a deliberate act IMO----easy to spot and conspicuous. And IIRC the preferred spot RM would use.

Welcome VeryCleverGirl--- great posts!!!!

Thats a great thought----several times it has been asked (and speaking of myself--lol--who asked) about speech patterns, a catchphrase, accent, mannerisms, interests etc. And we have never had the question addressed in WS.

Did we ever talk about GPS and if any of the cars or phones have them????????

Am wondering if a field trip to Brooklyn is in the future.

Agreed. I also think it was deliberate. about the car at train station I mean (color me sheepish)

These are just my thoughts. Hopefully they come out clear... Lol.

I don't think he left on his own, or willingly, at the same time i'm not sure about the suicide angle, I'm leaning away from that, but there are so many questions unanswered.

We have virtually nothing from LE and info only seems to be coming from one source.

Why run errands ( scrap yard then leave wallet and cash in garage) and make phone calls, 40 min call in morn to IM if your leaving. I think if he was planning on going he would have ignored that call and not even answered.

If there was evidence of a walk away wouldn't his profile be deleted or unavailable on namus and all other missing persons sites it appears on, or at least some mention along the lines of he "may" have left on his own?

I think his car was staged to be found in that spot. No scent... Etc. Not sure when it may have been placed there. It don't make sense. Also, why search for his car in an area he "hated" and where he supposedly hadn't been to in somewhere around 5 years?

IDK, this case makes my head spin and I may be completely off mark on my thoughts, but there they are.

Moo... and all that good stuff.

Welcome VeryCleverGirl--- great posts!!!!

Thats a great thought----several times it has been asked (and speaking of myself--lol--who asked) about speech patterns, a catchphrase, accent, mannerisms, interests etc. And we have never had the question addressed in WS.

We have discussed this here on WS and it was also asked to IM on FB a few times. Never to answered.

A previous post here on WS by a poster from AL questioned his "lingo"...pizza or pie?! Its these little tidbits of info that may help with this case.

Or a second car held that spot/was parked in that spot. And THE CAR (jazz hands, glitter---I swear I do have a life beyond jokes and basic silliness) was driven to said spot and left. The actual spot is a deliberate act IMO----easy to spot and conspicuous. And IIRC the preferred spot RM would use.

at the very start on FB, it was stated that the car was parked in its' USUAL spot. Close to railing. Front and center. Then it was changed a bit to say it was near his usual spot. Either way, i believe if a crime was committed and he was harmed then the perps would either trash the car or hide it. Also, it would not be clean and empty. Unless it was a "hit" and the clean car at station is a warning to the family. All speculation, ofcourse.

Ravynne----post 93----thank you for giving me another question---Who called who that morning Friday June 14??? Do we know???? Did IM call or did RM?????

I guess for NAMUS to delete it RM would have to tell them or LE ?????

at the very start on FB, it was stated that the car was parked in its' USUAL spot. Close to railing. Front and center. Then it was changed a bit to say it was near his usual spot. Either way, i believe if a crime was committed and he was harmed then the perps would either trash the car or hide it. Also, it would not be clean and empty. Unless it was a "hit" and the clean car at station is a warning to the family. All speculation, ofcourse.

Good point--- someone would have to know RM, be familiar with him to know where to park THE CAR------a perp would leave it somewhere unlikely

Ravynne----post 93----thank you for giving me another question---Who called who that morning Friday June 14??? Do we know???? Did IM call or did RM?????

I guess for NAMUS to delete it RM would have to tell them or LE ?????

Excellent question. I don't recall. I'll go look around some and check it out.

As for the info on missing persons sites. I'm unsure how the info gets modified. Anyone?

These are just my thoughts. Hopefully they come out clear... Lol.

I don't think he left on his own, or willingly, at the same time i'm not sure about the suicide angle, I'm leaning away from that, but there are so many questions unanswered.

We have virtually nothing from LE and info only seems to be coming from one source.

Why run errands ( scrap yard then leave wallet and cash in garage) and make phone calls, 40 min call in morn to IM if your leaving. I think if he was planning on going he would have ignored that call and not even answered.

If there was evidence of a walk away wouldn't his profile be deleted or unavailable on namus and all other missing persons sites it appears on, or at least some mention along the lines of he "may" have left on his own?

I think his car was staged to be found in that spot. No scent... Etc. Not sure when it may have been placed there. It don't make sense. Also, why search for his car in an area he "hated" and where he supposedly hadn't been to in somewhere around 5 years?

IDK, this case makes my head spin and I may be completely off mark on my thoughts, but there they are.

Moo... and all that good stuff.

If he hadn't answered she would have kept calling and might have turned up at work to see what was wrong...I think he took scrap to Arrow because he didn't want an atm to trace his money. Maybe he needed cash for train or taxi or airplane tickets. (The airports in locale with the smaller planes don't keep records) he knew her schedule maybe knew that she would be at her parents that time of day so he waited to arrive when she would be gone to drop off his ID and to retrieve his bike. just my thoughts...I have an ex-husband who kept a secret life for a very long time (3 yrs) imma pretty smart girl but he had such a deep cover...maybe RM was the same MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth