NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only point is, shouldn't she be asking them WHY the car won't be released? If they gave her an answer about paper work or something, I'm sure she would go do what needs to be done in order to get the car back. She was an attorney, I'm sure she can get paper work done.

If LE was done with the car, she would get it, doing whatever necessary to get it back. JMO.

If it wasn't the only car in the family, I think I would just relax and let them keep it for however long that it takes (years may bug me though). JMO

But what if it is never resolved? Do they get to keep it forever? Is there a time limit? Just wondering. Many MP cases are not resolved. Whatever evidence it may hold isn't going to change. Seems once they examine it, they should be done with it and be glad to make room for other cars, JMO.

I don't know about any time limits, but I recently heard of a case where it took 7 months to get DNA results from a lab. His case may not be on the fast track at the lab, because LE hasn't found any proof of a crime. Two months may not be long in this case. Yet, they could be holding it because they did find something a little hinky or questionable, but they need to find RM to be sure it applies to what happened to him.

Just opinion . . No facts

Considering it's big vacation time, could be forensics is backlogged... They could at least admit that...

Not accusing here just throwing out yet another theory---maybe a bit wild of a theory, but here goes-----

What if RM had a little side business if his own, besides scrap, and was meeting someone at the train station to complete a transaction of some sort? Could he be selling pills or some other narcotics? Certainly doesn't fit the profile of man-of-the-year that we are led to believe, but hey, you never know.

As per our verified insider, his car was seen on video after the scrap yard, so lets take Arrow out of the picture for the moment. Is it possible he went home, left his wallet on purpose, since he has done it before? Stashes pkg of narcotics under his seat, and rushes off to the station? Whomever he is meeting with gets in his car (no scent) And then something goes wrong? Or he meets someone somewhere else, and then his car is driven to the station by a shorter person after he is harmed?

Maybe IM didn't know about his dealings at all, or maybe she had Suspicions, hence stating he was in danger, etc....

Or maybe he was a courier of some sort for some other people, union big wigs, connected guys, or whoever. Maybe he "ran an errand" for them that day...was instructed to keep cell phone off during such dealings. Union guys being awfully quiet makes this theory a bit more plausible, as perhaps they are scared to talk. Or maybe he was set up.

Too many maybes! And basically zero facts.

Not a bad theory at all. Quite possible. I'd like to add that just because his car was found at the train station the next day, could it have been somewhere between the last time he was seen at the scrap yard and the time the car was found at the train station? He may not have drove directly to the train station after the scrap yard. There could have been another stop or two inbetween.

JMO

Considering it's big vacation time, could be forensics is backlogged... They could at least admit that...

I think you hit the nail on the head! The lab could be short staffed.

Not a bad theory at all. Quite possible. I'd like to add that just because his car was found at the train station the next day, could it have been somewhere between the last time he was seen at the scrap yard and the time the car was found at the train station? He may not have drove directly to the train station after the scrap yard. There could have been another stop or two inbetween.

JMO

It could have been placed there at any time between the scrap yard and 5:00the next day.

JMO

Holy Cow--McSpy--yes--THE CAR (jazz hands, glitter ) was found Saturday. It could have been anywhere--parked somewhere-taking RM here and there. I had my head stuck on everything occurring on Friday--no reason why it could be a matter of events unfolding for a longer period of time.

This is why I think they may have been fighting the night before and why he left so early and why he is unshaven. The 9AM dropped call.. ....Im thinking he packed and left.....

ALL JMO

I think it is possible he took off, but why would he quit his job, leave his kids, have no contact with his mom and sister, and leave all his possessions behind, as well as his wallet? This begs the questions, if he did indeed take off:

Was he afraid of IM?

Was he afraid of someone else and felt he needed to go into hiding?

Was he sick of his life and for his own sanity needed to cut all ties?

Did he meet someone and wanted to start over with no ties, baggage or someone haunting (wife) his every move?

Something had to be seriously amiss for him to take off without a trace and leave everything behind.

There are probably a dozen more questions, but these are a few . .

McSpy---do we know RM quit his job????? I was wondering about that quite alot actually. He is in a Union and could have requested a transfer to another contractor or an out of state transfer (I think its called a travel work ticket??? )
Its been my opinion that he left voluntarily (its the WHY I get tripped up on).
RM may have been told to lay low or led to believe he should do just that.
He could have witnessed something. Could be dealing with a medical/emotional issue.
Lots of scenarios.

We know RM left----are we certain there has been no communication at all?????

Many rail trains now have video cameras in them for security. If this line does, I wonder if anyone checked the footage on trains on or about that date to see if he got on the train or not. At least we could rule that option in or out.

It would also bring the location of the car back into play. Parked the car and got on the train, or car was dumped at the station to give the impression he took the train?

Witness protection?
Terminal illness (not wanting to burden the family)?
Shady dealings (protect family)?
Amnesia - have they checked homeless camps in and around the area?

I've been in and around NYC - I would think it would be easy to just disappear into the crowd. There are a whole lot of people there!

Even without leaving long island...it is quite easy to be invisible. If thats what he needed or wanted to be.

McSpy---do we know RM quit his job????? I was wondering about that quite alot actually. He is in a Union and could have requested a transfer to another contractor or an out of state transfer (I think its called a travel work ticket??? )
Its been my opinion that he left voluntarily (its the WHY I get tripped up on).
RM may have been told to lay low or led to believe he should do just that.
He could have witnessed something. Could be dealing with a medical/emotional issue.
Lots of scenarios.

We know RM left----are we certain there has been no communication at all?????

I don't know if he had quit his job (maybe the theater site though), but didn't they have his missing poster up on their union local website and their fb page? I would think someone in the union would have notified LE about the job transfer. He is also discussed in this local 3 forum:

http://yourlocal3.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2332.0

I also think someone above him would have known about the transfer. I think they keep track of the guys on the sites. I really don't think he transferred.

JMO

Witness protection?
Terminal illness (not wanting to burden the family)?
Shady dealings (protect family)?
Amnesia - have they checked homeless camps in and around the area?

I've been in and around NYC - I would think it would be easy to just disappear into the crowd. There are a whole lot of people there!

You left out "hungry heart".

Holy Cow--McSpy--yes--THE CAR (jazz hands, glitter ) was found Saturday. It could have been anywhere--parked somewhere-taking RM here and there. I had my head stuck on everything occurring on Friday--no reason why it could be a matter of events unfolding for a longer period of time.

In fact, it could have been parked there at midnight. How would anyone know otherwise? IIRC, wasn't it parked right in front of the platform area? More likely parking in that spot would be available after rush hour or Saturday morning.
Just a thought .

There a few reasons they could be holding the car. Since his case is not resolved, possibly they are holding it until they are clear on what happened to him.

Just a thought . .

Hi Everybody! new to the site but not to sleuthing!

Been following this thread for awhile after RM's FB page became news.

this is what I found out about property being kept

"Property may be seized and held by the police because they believe it was used or obtained while committing a crime."

Hi Everybody! new to the site but not to sleuthing!

Been following this thread for awhile after RM's FB page became news.

this is what I found out about property being kept

"Property may be seized and held by the police because they believe it was used or obtained while committing a crime."

:welcome: VeryCleverGirl :welcome4:

That's a point I've not seen mentioned BBM!

LE is very tight-lipped in this case, so we don't know what they are thinking...

We went into a lot of detail about this on previous threads. I personally believe it was NOT Friday, it was early Sat AM, since it was right upfront....too good of a spot to get on a Fri afternoon when people were still not home from working in the city. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth