NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry IMO if the car was put in RM's usual spot on purpose by someone other than him, it would have to be someone who actually saw him park there.

Mr. A commutes to the city regularly. I have no idea where he parks his car at the train station, basically because I have had no reason to see his car there. It's not something we talk about and if we did, it would be very difficult for him to verbally describe to me where he parked in the sea of cars there (add in my lack of interest and my comprehension would be zero... Lol).

Could it be someone who was a passenger in his car when he used to park there, so they would know where he parked, or where the car was always parked?
IMOO.

Jerry IMO if the car was put in RM's usual spot on purpose by someone other than him, it would have to be someone who actually saw him park there.

Mr. A commutes to the city regularly. I have no idea where he parks his car at the train station, basically because I have had no reason to see his car there. It's not something we talk about and if we did, it would be very difficult for him to verbally describe to me where he parked in the sea of cars there (add in my lack of interest and my comprehension would be zero... Lol).

Exactly my point after my long winded post. And by the way, if the person actually saw him park there, this person would have to go back to have seen him over 6 yrs ago....And obviously have seen him do it many times if it was his usual spot. Member of a carpool perhaps? Too bizarre to comprehend it all. Again, if someone other than RM parked that car there, the spot is just a coincidence.

And if he did, he certainly didn't want anyone to know he did. Hated the train station, no club used, seat pulled up. He staged it perfectly, because everything done was in complete contrast to what he would have normally done.

He didn't park the car there, IMO. It is by complete coincidence it was 'near' the spot. I think if RM wanted to make it look like he up and left Dodge and drove the car, he would have left the seat in position, left the car unlocked, maybe keys in the ignition. On the flipside, if he wanted to make it look like something bad had happened, he would have did a better job (broken window, blood, etc.). But as I've stated before, neither RM nor the perp could have parked that car there before 6 or 7 pm. It must have been much later than 3 pm.

I don't know what to think either but I'm starting to think that the car was parked there, not by RM but with the intent to stage it as he would NEVER park there. I don't know where that takes me next but a guy leaving his life isn't going to leave a car in a potentially routine place. The staging of it is what gets me... Jmo and all that jazz hands.

Well, why not park there, if he actually got onto a train? He probably figured the car would be found or noticed sooner or later.

There was a (valid) question on the FB page this evening that has since been deleted. However, I caught it and started some internet sleuthing. I'm not sure what it all means - if anything - will continue this search I'm on tomorrow. Need to sleep on it.

Well, why not park there, if he actually got onto a train? He probably figured the car would be found or noticed sooner or later.

I still lean toward one of my earlier hunches, it was a perp that parked the car and got on the train. Because it was locked, planned to return to the car and continue to use/keep it.

My main scenario is NOT that he decided to take off. I think something happened to him. Just trying to keep my mind open.

It could be that no one knows why RM is missing. If we knew he was murdered by a stranger, then I think the donations would be higher. JMO

So right! If someone was murdered, or had committed suicide, people would have given more freely. An adult missing for a (relatively) short period of time under unusual circumstances? No.
:hiding:

I wonder if Rob got this much attention in real life, when he was around...this is a very active thread considering the almost complete lack of info or news, IMO.

Hey cluciano----I think I am remembering something---IIRC didn't IM say something to that effect--that Rob you are important??---its going waaaaay back---I may have to scroll thru thread one and two.

so weird....I mean about his being "Late" but getting up at 4:30...and Secretary says work shift is 7-2
I know foremans go in earlier but 2 hours

So you're thinking that they checked the train station for his car (just because they were checking all avenues) and then found it where he usually parked and then asked themselves "Did RM do this on purpose?"

VeryCleverGirl---have thought that over too---I'd guess paperwork, opening up the site, checking materials. So much easier to do with out people around and the phones ringing. Have your morning cawfee and breakfast and newspaper in peace before the crazy starts. It sounds/seems really early to me but maybe it works for him??
Maybe this is his first time as foreman??? Was being overly consciencious??

re: train station----still have some thoughts to work thru on that---I would think they'd check all avenues---but am .......suspicious of that scene that feels IMO very contrived.

Hey cluciano----I think I am remembering something---IIRC didn't IM say something to that effect--that Rob you are important??---its going waaaaay back---I may have to scroll thru thread one and two.

Yes, it was regarding the number of people joining the FB page during the heyday. She said something like, "wow, over 2,000, see Rob, you are important" or something close to that.

I still lean toward one of my earlier hunches, it was a perp that parked the car and got on the train. Because it was locked, planned to return to the car and continue to use/keep it.

If I was involved in someone's abduction or MURDER, I certainly wouldn't park my victim's car in a place where thousands of people in his community pass through everyday. Some of those people could conceivably know RM or his car. I'd want no public association with his car. If I needed to come back and retrieve my victim's car (which seems equally risky), I'd park it...in the next town for example (where there's also a train station). In my opinion, the person who parked the car had a certain level of familiarity with RM/his car/his life. *If* I believe that RM was the victim of an act of violence, I don't believe it was random. I also think, in random cases (like a carjacking, for example), the perp uses the car briefly and "ditches" it. They don't carefully park it (leaving no signs of a struggle or something done in a hurry), and make sure it's locked. The way RM's car was found, screams "personal". Since the dogs did not find Rob's scent outside the car/leading away from it...who parked it? I think it's a very short list.

:banghead::banghead:
LOL OHHHHHH I have a lot of things I want to say and cant.
But I think hes alive and well and NOT Penniless.
So Ill sit here on my hands lol

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

me too---lol
just for grins I think I am going to make a list of everything that doesn't sit with me or make sense. I hope I can make it thru with out screaming at the pad of paper!!--lol

I agree--- I believe RM is alive and living his new life.

I think our four working scenarios are: 1) left willingly (with or without a reason that people will find acceptable), 2) was the victim of violence from someone who knew him, 3) was the victim of random violence, 4) committed suicide/died from the result of something medical. I don't feel the last two are likely. But, I'm willing to admit that we don't know the whole story, and if we did then maybe one scenario would stand out.

I think our four working scenarios are: 1) left willingly (with or without a reason that people will find acceptable), 2) was the victim of violence from someone who knew him, 3) was the victim of random violence, 4) committed suicide/died from the result of something medical. I don't feel the last two are likely. But, I'm willing to admit that we don't know the whole story, and if we did then maybe one scenario would stand out.

I think #2 should be more vague. Such as: Was the victim of violence instigated by someone who knew him.

In the foul play scenario, the perp could have been a paid goon for all we know.

Its a RED GTO sports car what PERP is going to drive around n a red sports car?

If any crime was committed here that car would have been left in an abandoned lot or street not parked in a public transportation lot. JMO

Busses pick up there and you can place your bike on the front of the bus and get out of the area quickly.

And As to his scent not being there well there are a few explanations for that one if you really think hard enuff.

Well here is another one.....
5... He committed a crime and is not a victim of a crime...

Witness protection?
Terminal illness (not wanting to burden the family)?
Shady dealings (protect family)?
Amnesia - have they checked homeless camps in and around the area?

I've been in and around NYC - I would think it would be easy to just disappear into the crowd. There are a whole lot of people there!

Authentic witness protection is arranged by federal law enforcement, and carried out by the U.S. Marshal's Service. They don't stage someone's disappearance (or worse). They're professional, discreet, and don't leave the person's family behind (unless they opt not to go). If you mean RM's own personal version of witness protection, then yes, absolutely.
:hiding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member