NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I understand, as in one of my posts on the previous page of the thread I mention I don't know if her speech patterns are because of distress and I am sure it was not an easy interview.
IMOO.

Am thinking that she had anticipated questions in advance and mentally prepared herself???? And then with the cameras, and questions she did not expect................sorry-it looks like I playing Devil's Advocate with myself-lol

I have held IM to a position and need to give some room-apologies.

Having a hard time visualizing this one. Like in a magic closet like in the Narnia movies? Or like living behind a fake wall in a secret room?

Its possible he was upstairs in a bathroom---- the interview didn't go all over the house---easy to explain why cameras would not be allowed in bedrooms---very possible RM is in the house-

Would think anything used to mask his scent would have left it's own trace evidence at the train station, no?

How would he know about covering his scent up -- imagine all his computer searches would have been gone into by now...

Maybe it wasn't his clothes given to the dogs.

Are there video cameras at the train station, or in the trains?

IIRC that statoin-Deer Park_ doesn't have cameras and was one that RM disliked particularly. It was why THE CAR (jazz jands and glitter---sorry missed that) was not a likely place for him to park if he would park at a train station.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/

"Ida tells the Press that an internal camera did capture Robert that day and “he looked scared. He looked worried.” "

If he was scared and worried inside the scrap yard, something triggered him before he got there, dont ya think? I mean, why bother go to the scrap yard at all if you have these fears? Money obviously wasnt important.

Was he being followed, and picked up on it? ---like some car followed him from Brooklyn---he goes to the scrap yard to change his driving pattern......still sees the car outside the yard waiting for him.....confirm he is being followed....... When he exits the scrap yard....he outruns the perps and loses them?

Maybe something he did bad (knowing full well they were coming for him)finally catching up with him? :panic: He gets scared beyond belief, runs home, emptys everything he has, drives to the train station and vanishes into thin air.....all to protect himself and his family.......maybe the seat pulled up doesnt factor in at all.

If he was scared and worried inside the scrap yard, something triggered him before he got there, dont ya think? I mean, why bother go to the scrap yard at all if you have these fears? Money obviously wasnt important.

Was he being followed, and picked up on it? ---like some car followed him from Brooklyn---he goes to the scrap yard to change his driving pattern......still sees the car outside the yard waiting for him.....confirm he is being followed....... When he exits the scrap yard....he outruns the perps and loses them?

Maybe something he did bad (knowing full well they were coming for him)finally catching up with him? :panic: He gets scared beyond belief, runs home, emptys everything he has, drives to the train station and vanishes into thin air.....all to protect himself and his family.......maybe the seat pulled up doesnt factor in at all.

I understand what you are saying about "all to protect himself and his family", but if he were running away from someone and he was being followed, one of the worst places he could go, would be go home, knowing that his wife was usually home by then. Something then could happen to IM. It didn't, but if he was being followed, why would he want to take the chance to go home and have IM and his children in harms way??
IMOO.

Well for my theory #78, his girlfriend meets him at the train station and he puts his stuff in her car. I even so much as think she was driving his car (hence the seat being pushed up) and he followed in hers so that he could do the getaway driving.

I think he was hungry after all of the running around he did after work and grabbed his lunch pail.

The missing bike may not be related to his disappearance at all but, if he does have a gf, he could have brought it to her house any time before the 14th of June.

To get something he couldn't leave without. Maybe a picture of his children. Maybe he took money from the safe in the basement. Maybe he changed into going away clothes but took his work clothes with him.

I think the money belongs to his co-workers.

The wallet is a tough one as maybe he did leave it there in the morning and just never picked it up when he stopped home. I'm guessing here he was in a rush.

The club was under the seat if I recall correctly. I think it wasn't engaged due to the driver not being RM and there being a rush factor so as not to be seen. The keys I think were grabbed out of our natural habit of taking the keys when we leave a vehicle. Same for locking the door.

I think if it wasn't planned, it was talked about and RM just said, okay today is the day, I'm done.

He will. Just not ready.

Both. I think he took maybe half of the money in the safe (IMO - I have no knowledge that this safe exists except just knowing about lucrative past investments) and he could always freelance as an electrician.

Given all of my answers, I will readily admit that it is full of holes. Which is why I don't have one running theory at the moment. They are all full of holes.

Totally agree...and maybe they are out of country and will see all this hoopla when they get back if they are coming back???

Have we ever discussed the possibility that if this scenario is the correct one that maybe he had a gun and maybe he went home to get it? If he felt the family was in danger...past experiences could have dictated this...and now he feels like he is being followed....from the scrap yard

Well, my earlier theory, #29, was that he met someone at the train station and something bad happened. Perhaps he met someone who had a gun and made him get in their car.

Again, with more info the puzzle would be a little easier to piece together. Such as are his work boots AND his sneakers missing? The FAQ says nothing is missing, no clothes, etc., but the missing persons flier says he could be wearing work boots OR sneakers. So are the sneakers missing or aren't they?

My brain hurts.

I think Money was very important! this was the reason he was at the scrap yard!

I'm leaning again towards foul play. The items being found makes me believe that he either emptied his pockets because he was going to be " in for the night", and he was caught off guard by " the bad guys"; OR he anticipated that he was in danger, and emptied his pockets not wanting to have personal items on him, when he met his possible demise. From day one I felt the wallet being left at home, or forgotton, was too big of a coincidence on the day he went missing, for me it was always about that wallet. :twocents:

As opposed to the scrap metal guy “He was a nice, well-composed individual,” who saw him in person on the same day

He said that 7 weeks after Rob had been there. I'm guessing he was most likely recalling his usual visits, not that one day.

Have we ever discussed the possibility that if this scenario is the correct one that maybe he had a gun and maybe he went home to get it? If he felt the family was in danger...past experiences could have dictated this...and now he feels like he is being followed....from the scrap yard

This occurred to me too. Early in the investigation the Long island fire arms or something like that club or whatever posted his missing persons info. Maybe he was a member? And if he was a member I would think he has a firearm of some sort, no?

I think these guys at the scrap yard would have noticed if Robert seems scared!

This occurred to me too. Early in the investigation the Long island fire arms or something like that club or whatever posted his missing persons info. Maybe he was a member? And if he was a member I would think he has a firearm of some sort, no?

Funny I read there!
Its a very amusing thread to say the least!

He said that 7 weeks after Rob had been there. I'm guessing he was most likely recalling his usual visits, not that one day.

Yeah but if he was usually "well composed" him being scared and worried would have stood out!

I think these guys at the scrap yard would have noticed if Robert seems scared!

The way a wife would? She's burning a hole on that video with her eyes while they probably barely looked up from the counter at him. I don't think they'd pick up on his disposition the way Ida would.

I'm thinking he may also have looked scared and worried because he was about to embark on the most ballsy thing he ever did in his life (following the leave-on-his-own theory) and his heart was breaking for his kids.

Sheesh if I was about to leave my kids and never see them again, I would look like a complete mess in a video. It brought tears to even type that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0