NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I "suspect" that one or more individuals did not expect all the attention that this case has garnered and is just waiting for it all to die down and be forgotten.

Agreed....it went viral for whatever reason and they controlled the narrative and now they are stuck :lookingitup: I don't know Tracker all the info on this one my gut tells me he took off

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone say there are no longer any posters at DP train station??? I remember someone saying they had to get back out there and put flyers up because they had been taken down

I just contacted Long Island SAR and am waiting for a response. I will try and find out what was done and how it was done.

Will report back if I get a response.

Is SAR controlled by local LE?
Are they allowed to give out any info?
And thank you for your expertise!

Both ground scent and most air scent dogs can be "imprinted" from an article of the persons clothing.

Ground scent dogs pick up the scent laid down on the ground. Not sure if it has ever been verified, but the theory is that they vacuum up dead skin cells that shed off of your body. Dog handlers on occasion have the dog suck up a snout full of water to clean out their scent receptors and then re-imprint them from the sample if they start getting confused.

Air scent dogs look for the scent carried on the air/breeze/wind from the subject towards them. Visualize a cone with the subject at the sharp point and the air scent dog at the wide end. The further the distance, the wider the cone and the dog has to work toward the subject. If the wind is blowing the wrong direction, the dog will not pick up anything. We used to start the air scent dogs from four points around the search area so at least one of them would be in position to pick up the scent.

Regarding both types of dogs, high heat or very cold conditions can hamper scent detection. At night scent lays close to the ground, but during the day it rises. That's why in rural areas you can smell sewer gas or skunk smell early in the morning, but by sun up it has risen up and been dispersed.

We used to pair human trackers with scent dogs. When the dog lost the scent, the tracker would start looking for prints. When the print trail was lost, the dog would start looking for the scent.

:seeya:

Ok but if u did not have an article of Clothing cod the dog sniff the car seat and follow that scent. If it was t rm you would know what direction the person driving that car went right ?

I don't particularly see the risk in returning. Maybe he wanted to have it out with her and when he got there an she wasn't there, he left the money and wallet (could she have given it to him?) and his work phone and left. He doesn't seem like a scaredy cat where he would be afraid of confronting her. I think he went for that, she wasn't there and he knew what he was going to do, knew he wouldn't see her until the kids got home and it wouldn't be cool to have it out in front of them and just blew town.

So after the "loud noise" and they can barely hear each other on the phone, but its clear they are arguing over something, he just tells her "we will talk about it when I get home" something along those lines..

So he leaves work a little early to get home in time to finish the argument before the kids get home. He gets P.O.ed beyond belief that she isnt there when she was supposed to so they can have it out. He snaps and leaves. I like it! :whoosh:

My current two cents:

First cent: He's voluntarily missing

Second cent: He's reading this thread (possibly participating)

grab personal things-----leave letters for his kids (I know-I am the only one seeing this----I believe it happened)---leave work phone and cash

I agree...and I think, though he was hoping to beat IM's arrival home just for avoiding another conflict, he just didn't care any more. :moo:

I agree...and I think, though he was hoping to beat IM's arrival home just for avoiding another conflict, he just didn't care any more. :moo:

I think he did more at the house than just leave his wallet, cell and money. Clearly, IM took forever to figure out his bike was missing and find the stuff he left so who knows what else could be missing. She may know and not be saying as well.

just came across this. Read the comments about the Edgewood Preserve.

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

holy crow---nice job Mimi---and welcome!!!!!!!!!
What was the other place????? Beverly Mitchell, actress, did a Paranormal show about it---reminds me as a slightly more warmnfuzzy place----that I would not go to without Mr C., and my cop brothers and a great big dog!!!!

I know we all have so many different theories and thoughts but I speak for all of us in saying we would be devestated is his body is found. Hoping he surfaces soon.

Its one of my "scary theories" that I have written down with my notes-----I put it on the back of the page.

And unfortunately its moving up my list--------

Hello All-
I'm new here, I love reading everyone's insight and it has really made me think.
I have an idea that came from a post I think was in thread 3? Regarding gun & the felony.
I was curious and looked into that. <modsnip> He came home to get it, she raced home, noticed it was empty.
I also have been thinking about his job.
RM's job changed every few months, maybe he met someone near an old jobsite?
Just my thoughts so far- but they change almost daily! lol

Those are good ideas to explore. Maybe a gun was kept in one of those drawers in the garage. LE would know if he was a legal gun owner. However, he could have acquired a gun decades ago without a permit or registration. I guess it depends on how NY's gun laws worked back then.

Maybe he met someone who needed an electrician for a big (non-union) job, so he thought it was a great opportunity to flee his home situation. Perhaps he was going to be paid under the table too, so there would be no trail.

Just some ideas . . . No facts what so ever . . .

I thought we can't use their name and/ or moniker, but can refer to what they say here.

I'm on an iPhone and entertaining a child here lol I don't know how to copy what the verified insider wrote but I can tell you the post was on August 29
5:28pm post 848

I wasn't saying anything bad about the verified user
I'm afraid to even type the name now

If I'm trouble I know I'll be getting a private message soon

Agreed....it went viral for whatever reason and they controlled the narrative and now they are stuck :lookingitup: I don't know Tracker all the info on this one my gut tells me he took off

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone say there are no longer any posters at DP train station??? I remember someone saying they had to get back out there and put flyers up because they had been taken down

Yes, I read somewhere that the locals (interested in this case) have noticed the posters gone from the train station. I believe it was in the comments on the Search Facebook group page before it went secret. IM replied that she was going to replace them. I'm going by memory here . .

I agree.
What if he is thinking "im busting my butt everyday and SHE wants oysters and lobsters". Also, i would be interested to know if he was recently fuloughed or facing a long furlough.
Even by Dix Hills standards...that is a big house. If you look at the google pic upthread...it makes the other surrounding homes look like bungalows.
:banghead:

I understand the speculation and all but didn't the articles state HE wanted her to pick up the expensive seafood? I am sick of seeing all of the talk about lobster, TBH. It makes me hungry.

Thats what im saying...i really dont think someone is intentionally removing RM flyers.

Also, in my specific neighborhood we are forbidden from hanging ANYTHING on trees or lamp posts. We have an association and by-laws which strictly forbids any posts.

Lots of thunderstorms and heavy rains have been coming through the area in the last couple of weeks, so paper gets pretty nasty in no time. The posters need to be laminated or in plastic. No need to put one on every pole too, IMO.

I think something happened on the call that caused him to say "enough" and set the ball rolling. A person can be fairly unhappy then just snap. Maybe wanting lobsters and oysters for a father's day bbq was outrageous to him. Most likely an expensive trip to Italy was. Please keep in mind that we know that the trip was at least in her head prior to him leaving but we do not actually know when the tickets were purchased nor do we know when she told him. It could have been joint planning all along but if it was sprung on him and finances were tight, that could easily have been a deal-breaker for him.

Thinking of the mommy blogger and others I know in my own life who live terribly in debt... Financial planning in a marriage has to be an agreed-upon deal. If she was a spender and he was a saver, and they had discussed it and he told her he couldn't deal with it but she kept doing it anyway, he could have been sick enough of it all to end the marriage.

I'm observing this thread has transitioned to most everyone thinking he left voluntarily. IMO any other outcome is just too unbelievable, HBO series-like.

I'm again embarrassed to admit I have some pretty crazy friends who have in fact made me come with them while we staked out their significant other or used my car to throw the other person off. My earlier theory had a problem with the cars but until I hear additional info, I think she saw him when he came home. "10 minutes" because they fought immediately and one of them left in the GTO.

Somewhere it was stated that the Italy trip was booked on the morning he disappeared. Not sure this was confirmed but it certainly wasn't planned months ago and to plan a trip to Italy last minute (a couple of months is last minute) is at least doubling the cost. Tickets to Italy in July booked on short notice are approx $1600/person plus hotel, food, tours. IMO, a lot for a union guy and his unemployed spouse. And possibly booked out of anger or fear of losing him. This may not be the reason they fought, but he came home to fight or tell her he was outta there.

And doesn't anyone agree that bad guys don't lock cars, only owners do? (And IMO deer park train station isn't the south bronx, like people make it sound.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member