NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg that is a good idea to stake out an area. I can tell you here in the Commack area there are posters up from July about yard sales. On Jericho Tnpike I haven't seen one flyer there. A friend of mine said she did see the Deer Park station full of flyers about 5 weeks ago but they are gone now, not one anywhere, and she takes that train everyday : (

I wish I could stake out an area because I would!
If I was 20 years younger I would be there in a heartbeat with my friends.

BBM

Well... That does seem curious... I wish I live closer... :websleuther:

If yard sale posters, lost pet posters and a smattering of everything else stays up and becomes weathered, yet the RM Missing posters are gone within a day or two, I would have some hard questions and be doing my own stakeout with my good camera and telephoto lens. More than one missing person case (on crime shows) has had the guilty or involved party(s) removing posters, sometimes within minutes of them being put up.

Again EXACTLY!!! I have thought that all along!!!

I'm wondering if $300- is a big deal to them, the property taxes are over $20k a year.
Starting to really think they had $ hidden. Big house, big taxes- big trips?

Okay I think we're on to something here!!! those of you who live in LI should do a little footwork....soooo wishing I was there....I would sooooo do a stake out!!!! But if RM has anybody watching WS were blown!!!! Plus the LE would probably shine their flashlight and say "Move it!" When I was trying to catch my ex we would do stakeouts and follow ups but my ex had mis-direction going in two different directions so I couldn't quite figure it out ...trying to do that without being emotionally compromised is really hard!!! But somebody is removing those posters...either family who has had enough of the scam or RM and co-horts

My husband thinks that LE found important clues and that's the main reason they are being silent now. If they say the wrong thing now then this whole case can be compromised in a very bad way. Too much has been revealed already.
He's an MP and old timer lol and says the silence now is for a very good reason. Possibly LE advised anyone giving information to "STOP"

I really just want this man to be ok. My prayers are said everyday for the whole family, especially the children. Monday is school here and I pray that they get good news and we all read about it.

Could be...but LE is also silent when they know someone left of their own accord....and the last statement from LE was ....no crime no foul so......

I'm wondering if $300- is a big deal to them, the property taxes are over $20k a year.

...BIG problems!
:worms::worms::worms:

BBM

Well... That does seem curious... I wish I live closer... :websleuther:

It's been almost 3 months now and I think they waited too long putting up those flyers. I'm not sure of the first meeting at the DP train. I'm also not sure of the earliest date everyone got together, I think it was July??
So much time passed now and it slowed down unfortunately with the searches and flyers. IMO there was talk of so much effort and even helicopter cameras and now "nothing"

Doing a stake out of not just one area but all areas where flyers are put up would take lots of people to organize but at this point it's a great idea.

That's creepy thinking that they are being removed on purpose.

Okay I think we're on to something here!!! those of you who live in LI should do a little footwork....soooo wishing I was there....I would sooooo do a stake out!!!! But if RM has anybody watching WS were blown!!!! Plus the LE would probably shine their flashlight and say "Move it!" When I was trying to catch my ex we would do stakeouts and follow ups but my ex had mis-direction going in two different directions so I couldn't quite figure it out ...trying to do that without being emotionally compromised is really hard!!! But somebody is removing those posters...either family who has had enough of the scam or RM and co-horts

I was thinking that too omg we just told the bad person about the stake out

I remember in my young days doing them omg that's why I said if I was 20 years younger lol I would need lots of help here though because the flyers would be put up in different areas. Lots of time too. 24 hour watches would be very difficult. I wish some young kids could get together and do this.

I "suspect" that one or more individuals did not expect all the attention that this case has garnered and is just waiting for it all to die down and be forgotten.

I was thinking that too omg we just told the bad person about the stake out

I remember in my young days doing them omg that's why I said if I was 20 years younger lol I would need lots of help here though because the flyers would be put up in different areas. Lots of time too. 24 hour watches would be very difficult. I wish some young kids could get together and do this.

IMO i dont think they are being taken down by "bad people" or someone
Who doesnt want RM found. I remember on another site people were saying that
Many businesses did not agree to hang flyers and even those who did were hesitant.

IMO I think letters were left, I didn't think this in the past but the silence is making me wonder now. I think that family knows what was going on in their life and of course are keeping it private, whatever it may be, money,pills,fighting,etc. I don't know.
IMO I think IM is the only one who knows the whole truth at this point.
It could be anything, but I was reading the old posts from NCNY and IMO it looks like he was telling us at one point but for some reason now nobody is saying anything and another verified family member has not come here to pick up where he left off. I just wonder why there is so much silence now.

theres only one verified insider for RM's case

Closer to $30 thousand in taxes
IMO they need 2-3 salaries to live in that area and live comfortably.
Unless you already have money???

No. It is not big news here.
In the past three months i think i have seen one flyer...and that was at
A gas station. I live in the immediate area.

Since RM has gone missing, i have mentioned it to at least a dozen people. I would say two or three heard of it. I actually have a friend who is a local politician...never heard about this case.

I find it disturbing an frustrating. Every single local should know about this case and should see a photo. He could be hurt or unable to communicate and right under our noses.

While i know the "search group" has put in hours and hours of hanging flyer and spreading the word...the media has completely ignored the RM case on long island.

Since you're in the immediate area, would you consider posting some flyers in the town?

Many businesses did not agree to hang flyers and even those who did were hesitant.

Why would someone take down only RM flyers posted on telephone poles or non-business locations?

Just a question....has me doing a little head scratching...

Why would someone take down only RM flyers posted on telephone poles or non-business locations?

Just a question....has me doing a little head scratching...

Thats what im saying...i really dont think someone is intentionally removing RM flyers.

Also, in my specific neighborhood we are forbidden from hanging ANYTHING on trees or lamp posts. We have an association and by-laws which strictly forbids any posts.

I hope that's not the case either. That would be very creepy if they were taken down on purpose.
Everything is just quiet now and maybe people just aren't putting up as many flyers as before. I haven't seen one though. Like I said I wish I could put them up myself here in Commack, Northport,Smithtown etc.

Posters get taken down in lots of MP cases, for different reasons, we have seen this before. JMO

I just contacted Long Island SAR and am waiting for a response. I will try and find out what was done and how it was done.

Will report back if I get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member