NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person thinks RM was NOT suicidal, would NOT be cheating on wife, etc...what is their opinion as to what has happened here? Where did he go, is he alive?

As far as the garage drawers...I am guessing they were used by RM in the past, since they were searched eventually. I have lived in current house 13 years and looked in garage yesterday and saw some drawers, lol...like for tools I guess. Never saw them before and would certainly not have looked in them, even if I had, if my husband went missing, unless he had used them in the past.

I have family in construction, some of them use their garages like mud
rooms. They undress, empty pockets, leave their workboots, etc.. -not dragging the dirt through the house. Maybe RM did the same?

Everyone please take five. I'm going to close the thread for a few minutes for some cleanup.

Since the FB page is now closed and the only part of it that was approved was the FAQ, it is no longer something we need to mention. Do not post what was commented on that page at all.

Do not sleuth family member's FB pages.

I was thinking about another reason for the car seat being moved forward (apologies if this has been brought up already): Everyone does this to look for something under the seat - that area can be such a black hole. I've found years-old cassette tapes and other little things I thought were long gone underneath car seats. Someone could have been cleaning out the car for whatever reason, or just looking for anything they could take.

Could have nothing to do with the height of the driver!

I have family in construction, some of them use their garages like mud
rooms. They undress, empty pockets, leave their workboots, etc.. -not dragging the dirt through the house. Maybe RM did the same?

very possible beachy----Mr C worked a dirty job and wound up tossing alot of clothes out----wished he had not traipsed thru apt. in them tho---lol

Are there any more searches planned?? Its a little cooler on LI right now---It might make for better search conditions.

I was thinking about another reason for the car seat being moved forward (apologies if this has been brought up already): Everyone does this to look for something under the seat - that area can be such a black hole. I've found years-old cassette tapes and other little things I thought were long gone underneath car seats. Someone could have been cleaning out the car for whatever reason, or just looking for anything they could take.

Could have nothing to do with the height of the driver!

He was looking for his wallet?

I have a question!

Being that no crime is being considered here and His Brother In law I think is LE,
Could he call his BIL and let him know hes ok but not to tell his wife?

Also could he have explained to him exactly what transpired. Why he left?

IMO, if RM called the LE brother- in- law to explain and to inform that he is okay, LE would tell the family RM has been located. If RM doesn't want contact with the family or for them to know his whereabouts, LE would probably not tell the family RM's location. In other words, LE will tell the family he was found. It won't stay a secret.

IMO, if RM called the LE brother- in- law to explain and to inform that he is okay, LE would tell the family RM has been located. If RM doesn't want contact with the family or for them to know his whereabouts, LE would probably not tell the family RM's location. In other words, LE will tell the family he was found. It won't stay a secret.

But being that its not a crime to leave home Is BIL obligated to tell anyone?
Or can he just tell Roberts mom and sister?

Since the FB page is now closed and the only part of it that was approved was the FAQ, it is no longer something we need to mention. Do not post what was commented on that page at all.

Do not sleuth family member's FB pages.

Thanks CF. You are doing a terrific job considering what we have to go on.
I for one, am glad that FB is off limits as it seemed contrived to me (for lack of a better word).

Question: Have you ever seen a case like this with such limited info and no statements from LE? I value your experience. TIA. :seeya:

From my Kitteh to yours

J1eWwBn.jpg

I for one, am glad that FB is off limits as it seemed contrived to me (for lack of a better word).

Question: Have you ever seen a case like this with such limited info and no statements from LE? I value your experience. TIA. :seeya:

From my Kitteh to yours

J1eWwBn.jpg

Awww! Pretty kitty! In my experience, there is more information available in most cases except for those in which the individual disappeared intentionally. In that case, we are pretty much left waiting for a body to be found or waiting for the missing person to either re-surface or contact someone to let them know that he wanted to disappear. In the past cases where someone left on their own, LE did typically make a statement (sometimes only when contacted directly) after the fact.

Awww! Pretty kitty! In my experience, there is more information available in most cases except for those in which the individual disappeared intentionally. In that case, we are pretty much left waiting for a body to be found or waiting for the missing person to either re-surface or contact someone to let them know that he wanted to disappear. In the past cases where someone left on their own, LE did typically make a statement (sometimes only when contacted directly) after the fact.

Thank you, I am going to stick with my first impression and my instinct.
He left on his own........... :twocents:

So much intrigue and speculation. So much manipulation.
I really do think he just left to points unknown.
I think.........

From my Kitteh to yours

J1eWwBn.jpg

Bunnyhop, OT but your pretty kitty looks like one of mine!

Is it unusual for LE to not hold any pressers or reach out to the public somehow... "we're looking for this guy, last seen, if you have any info, etc"? Beyond the initial reports I mean. Is that typical when its an adult missing? I guess I expected both family + LE to be doing this. Leaves me :waitasec:

IMHO, Rob left all his stuff to make a statement. Adios.
Chances are, he did go back for "something".
Perhaps just to leave his stuff, maybe to pick something up.
IMO, he high-tailed it out of there and hopped the train to points unknown.
Amtrak from Penn Station, airports, Enterprise......... who knows.

I think he wanted out. I think he needed his own life. :twocents:

Is it unusual for LE to not hold any pressers or reach out to the public somehow... "we're looking for this guy, last seen, if you have any info, etc"? Beyond the initial reports I mean. Is that typical when its an adult missing? I guess I expected both family + LE to be doing this. Leaves me :waitasec:

Occam's Razor and all that. LE has stated (according to reports) there is nothing criminal. Perhaps we should start taking that statement seriously.

He left, he walked, he's gone...........

eta: Maybe he wanted no part of that lifestyle. Maybe it just wasn't "him". Maybe he sought freedom from oppression.
Maybe he wanted someone who loved him for who he is? Maybe he wanted to be appreciated? IDK

I'm just hoping he is alive and well. Does anyone remember a case on here that LE said no evidence of foul play but it turned out later there was? I just hope they are correct.

I'm just hoping he is alive and well. Does anyone remember a case on here that LE said no evidence of foul play but it turned out later there was? I just hope they are correct.

I'll have to think on that. There are definitely cases where there appeared to be no foul play and then evidence of a car accident was found.

The Anita Bucki case from Wisconsin. The article is now not functioning, but Cagle who posted did provide a portion of that article on the thread for Anita.

"On Monday afternoon, there was no evidence that police suspect a crime had taken place at the small, well-kept home surrounded by farmland; no crime scene tape surrounded the home, and investigators were not seen at the residence.
“We are treating this as a missing persons case,” Lincoln County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Gartmann said Monday. “We are very actively looking for (Anita Bucki) at this time.”

from www.wausaudailyherald.com

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WI - Anita Bucki, 48, Corning, 26 April 2013

Later Anita's body was found, and her husband that she was separated from
is now charged with her murder.

I happen to have been posting on the thread for Anita Bucki so I remember this case from several months ago.

It's fairly odd for an adult to go missing without a vehicle actually. When they do, there is usually some obvious foul play in the scenario (impending court dates, previous police activity, possible kidnapping). While teens disappear without a vehicle and without feared foul play, they almost always turn up. With adults, they tend to stay missing longer.

We have had more people go off to commit suicide here than just disappear but their bodies are typically found in a shorter period of time than this.

In this case what is interesting to me is if there is no foul play, the assumption must be that he took off because we haven't heard of searches of the neighborhood by LE, only planned searches of the preserve. When babies or seniors disappear, there is much more searching than in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005