NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And...I am not sure what you havent read already... basically he was in contact with a male someone that IM did not approve of. And she had thought he was in no longer contact with. I got the impression this person was rather on the seedy side. All the info that was given.

It wasn't specific that it was a male and seedy was definitely not implied.

and what if the narrative is being so closely controlled so that we believe it's drugs,...there are way too many informational updates that are NOT static. I have never read so much info on a case where the narrative changes so much as you go along.....we don't have the phone...oh wait we have the phone....we don't have ANY sec cam footage....oh wait we have sec cam but no RM on it....oh wait yes now we have sec cam footage with RM on it looking scared and worried...somebody by now would have come out and said RM's an addict

I still say gf. ...here's all my junk....here's 300 BYE!

If we can even believe all the stuff we have been told ...I keep hearing Cat in my head "All we really know is that he's missing"

"there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #1

Thank you bunny.

Okay so I'm wrong about it not being male - it was a male person that RM apparently texted and lied about. But seedy I don't read here at all.

That doesn't mean the person is not seedy. It just means RM had some reason to lie to IM about texting this person.

to delete my posts since yesterday.

Why? Well............ just didn't feel right to me.

As always, May Truth Prevail.

Since I am fairly new to this forum, can someone explain the VERIFIED INSIDER concept? Who verifies that this person is actually who they say they are? After reading the posts of that person from July, it certainly does suggest that some type of substance abuse problem may be a factor in this case. But as many have already asked, why all the secrecy? This is all so frustrating when we wish we had some answers that we evidently do not, and may never have.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please share your thoughts on this missing person case. You are here often, would like to here your theories.

Good luck cutie pants..........
F10 has never responded, I think?

ETA: OOps!

Please please dont take this as me being "smart" or disrespectful. I am honestly just trying to understand rules. We have evidence IM has not been truthful (not just withholding info le told her too) and I would never want to hurt anyone or be disrespectful. But how is IM the victim?? I thought Robert was only considered victim.... I fully understand respect, but just discussion about obvious public behavior and how it does affect this case off limits too? Again, please, just trying to understand.

WS considers the missing and family victims. We also consider family of murderers victims. We try to be fair to everyone. The only people sleuthable are the victim and a POI or suspect. And, to be honest, if you dug up something about Robert's past that doesn't pertain to this case, it wouldn't count either.

Some of the things we "know" about IM came from sleuthing her past which is against the rules. So, since we can't do that, we don't "officially" know that.

As to what has been released and how that has been changing, it is our perception as sleuthers that there must be lies or deceit involved. However, we do not know that. While we have heard that everything on the FB came from IM, we have not heard that from IM so we can't count that as true.

If LE comes out and says she's a suspect or is involved in hiding him or something such as that, our tune would change and she would be sleuthable and all the things you dig up would be fine to post in relation to the crime. Additionally, your opinions of her would be able to be more clearly posted at that time.

But, unless or until that time, she is the spouse of a man who is missing and that is all she is. She is not responsible for releasing information about him or his timelines. She is not responsible to tell the same story twice.

There are thousands of families of missing persons who can't get MSM to give them the time of day, let alone give them info to put out for the world to see. We do not know that IM has the power or that MSM has the interest to post all of the facts anyway.

So we do what we can do and when we get frustrated, we keep certain missing persons on our back burner and move to new cases or to cold cases or to helping to give names to the unidentified. Or we just go to the Parking Lot and gab.

Bottom line, WS has a reputation as being fair. We are WS and we make that reputation. If we don't hold to that standard, we hurt WS. It's much bigger than IM or our opinions.

and what if the narrative is being so closely controlled so that we believe it's drugs,...there are way too many informational updates that are NOT static. I have never read so much info on a case where the narrative changes so much as you go along.....we don't have the phone...oh wait we have the phone....we don't have ANY sec cam footage....oh wait we have sec cam but no RM on it....oh wait yes now we have sec cam footage with RM on it looking scared and worried... somebody by now would have come out and said RM's an addict

If we can even believe all the stuff we have been told ...I keep hearing Cat in my head "All we really know is that he's missing"

BBM. Given the pattern, just wait a few weeks, or months.

Since I am fairly new to this forum, can someone explain the VERIFIED INSIDER concept? Who verifies that this person is actually who they say they are? After reading the posts of that person from July, it certainly does suggest that some type of substance abuse problem may be a factor in this case. But as many have already asked, why all the secrecy? This is all so frustrating when we wish we had some answers that we evidently do not, and may never have.

Verified insiders are persons who have information vital to the case. They can be family or friends. They aren't people who knew the missing person in high school but know about his/her current life. NCNY has been verified in this case. He submitted his real life information to the owner and admins and they contacted him by phone and asked him questions to verify his identity and ties to RM.

NCNY may or may not have personal information about habits RM had. He has the right to lead us in the right direction and not tell us the whole truth because he has a relationship with him that he doesn't want to damage. His real life is more important than WS.

As far as secrecy, we don't know what the big secret is or if there is one. We also don't know each others' real names. That anonymity allows us to post more freely than if our own names were attached. That works for the verified insider as well as the typical poster.

and what if the narrative is being so closely controlled so that we believe it's drugs,...there are way too many informational updates that are NOT static. I have never read so much info on a case where the narrative changes so much as you go along.....we don't have the phone...oh wait we have the phone....we don't have ANY sec cam footage....oh wait we have sec cam but no RM on it....oh wait yes now we have sec cam footage with RM on it looking scared and worried...somebody by now would have come out and said RM's an addict

I can't believe you hear me meowing in your head!

I saw this but needed to get kiddies settled.

I agree that yes, Drugs are everywhere.
But....a verified person, not sure if its family or just a good friend, who was on here in July said some interesting things. They weren't bad things but I took his information as clues to...something.

I'm not sure what to think anymore.
I just pray this man is ok and I pray for all of his family!

I saw this but needed to get kiddies settled.

I agree that yes, Drugs are everywhere.
But....a verified person, not sure if its family or just a good friend, who was on here in July said some interesting things. They weren't bad things but I took his information as clues to...something.

I'm not sure what to think anymore.
I just pray this man is ok and I pray for all of his family!

He was very vague. What he said or didn't say could have been interpreted in a zillion ways.

BBM
some families are not as accepting or understanding.
Some are "old school" and would never accept divorce, homosexuality, alcoholism, drug abuse and so many more issues that can come up.
For some...it is enough of a reason to cut off all ties. IMO

Thats understandable but let's face it here...
Really????
IMO "for better and worse" does that have meaning?
IMO if RM is in a program, we really have no clue where he is, but IM led me to believe they have a great marriage in her interviews so I am assuming here that IM would totally 100% support her husband...No Matter What

Just my opinion, I truly believe she would support him.

With what we held to be "facts" to now be called into question as being opinions or speculation, I am back to square one. Sometimes in discussion, these things take on a life of their own, and what was speculation on page one becomes fact by page 6. Too easy to misconstrue or misunderstand.

To me, the lack of information from LE is very telling. I doubt they would be keeping a missing person case active, open and expending resources if they knew where RM was or had confirmation he had willfully left the area. I suspect they would quietly close the case and at most, report the case was no longer active.

Too many of the "facts" are conflicting, don't make sense or just don't add up and have us chasing our tails.

Time to sit back, look at the very little we do know and do a bit of pondering...

The preserve is tugging at the back of my mind. Way too late for all but cadaver and perhaps air scent dogs. This is one of the times a grid search would be appropriate.

Bolded by me

I have to disagree. LE wouldn't close the case until he was found, but they may wait for leads inorder to continue the investigation. They could be stuck on where to search at this point. The case may languish for a while and/or turn cold. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchase3400