NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am perplexed as to why no one is coming forward to say they knew this man and yet, IM keeps asking in the interviews for someone to come forward because "someone knows something." She is either absolutely sure that no one knows anything (except what she feeds us) or Mr. Mayer did not have a big circle of people around him other than his mother, sister, wife and kids. I can't believe the guy or gal who works in the freakin deli he gets his coffee in in the morning did not come forward just talk about him to help out. This is insane. I would like to trace his steps on a typical day (gas station, coffee, dunkin donuts, etc...) because everybody that works has habits and places they stop at. Where did he get his coffee or tea that morning? People are always dying for attention, but no one is coming forward here. Crazy.

They obviously felt they needed to withhold information but coming up with an ironclad story that doesn't have any inconsistencies is tough when too many people know the truth.

They claimed that they didn't have the phone even though friends/family were posting that she had it. They claimed that he never made it home even though they had the security camera to show that. (NCNY had posted that <modsnip>)

Was it LE claiming they didn't have the phone and that RM didn't stop at home?
I'm not so sure it was them who stated these details. Also, was it possible some of this info came from old news articles that were published before this information was known? For example, supposedly, the phone was found a week after he was reported missing. An article could have been written prior to that stating it wasn't found.

Just some thoughts . .

I have spent some time reviewing previous threads, mostly the ones that included a verified insider. I read and re-read the comments on the threads. Again, i believe what the insider did was give us clues as to what the possibilities are. The fact that several of the insider's posts have, now...weeks later, come to be factual gives me reason to believe there is something to what was stated.
I go back to the mention of the "problem affecting many adults especially on long island" because i find it troubling and interesting that he chose to mention that and i cant imagine that he would reveal that info if he did not truly believe it was related to the disappearance.
JMOO

BBM

I was thinking money problems, not drugs of any kind....

MOO

I am perplexed as to why no one is coming forward to say they knew this man and yet, IM keeps asking in the interviews for someone to come forward because "someone knows something." She is either absolutely sure that no one knows anything (except what she feeds us) or Mr. Mayer did not have a big circle of people around him other than his mother, sister, wife and kids. I can't believe the guy or gal who works in the freakin deli he gets his coffee in in the morning even came forward even to just talk about him to help out. This is insane. I would like to trace his steps on a typical day (gas station, coffee, dunkin donuts, etc...) because everybody that works has habits and places they stop at. Where did he get his coffee or tea that morning? People are always dying for attention, but no one is coming forward here. Crazy.
images2_zps2f194800.jpg.html

Again, the silence speaks volumes. We are thrown crumbs and Painted a portrait. Look between the lines. And as Bunny states, the truth shall prevail.

NCNY stated that RM was the life of the party, some I am thinking he has a million friends. But not 1 has come forward. Or coworker. So is he the life of the party, or a homebody, quiet and reserved as Ida states? My money is on NCNY. So then, why are is party friends so quiet???? :violin:

His friends know something and they are either fearful or protecting him from someone. Looking at his pictures, I see a kind, simple man, not complicated, looks like the type to be bullied even by a small woman. He looks like a sweetheart. I do not see anything in his photos that depict a sinister or sneaky guy. Not because he is good looking, but because he has a very simple smile. He looks innocent. I think he had to run and hide to get away. Do not ever think for a second that a man his size could not be abused by a small woman. It all has to do with who's in command. :twocents:

As we have said many times, the silence speaks volumes. Its a shame they must torture the families, but they wont break the law.

Usually, though, in a case like this, with the patient reported missing, the facility will counsel the patient about letting his family or LE know that he is safe. Not necessarily his location, but safe. The Patient Advocacy, the Facility Legal Department, and the Ethics Committee, get involved in a heartbeat to determine the best thing to do. HIPPA is involved definitely, and it's the patients' choice, to tell or not, but with LE involved, pressure will be put on him to at least let LE tell his family he is safe.

just ran a quick google search on "months long rehab centers on Long Island NY"... for instance a list of available places for adults:
http://www.choosehelp.com/newyork/drug-rehabs-alcohol-rehabilitation-programs

i was amazed at the number of places that are 60 or 90 days long. a lot offer sliding scale for self pay patients as well as stating that no one will be refused. Many options for transitional living as well are offered. I do know that finding a medical place to detox first is often a problem, but some manage to detox often wretchedly at a friends or a motel with a trusted friend/family member to guard them and call for help if it is needed. my experiences (friends, family and students) have been with opiates pain pills and heroin. not all have made it successfully, some have, some relapse and others opt for suicide. another outcome is they then go "on a run" and aren't seen or heard from until they resurface, for what ever reason.

I am NOT saying this is RM's option or problem but it is definitely available as an option.

imho and my personal experiences.

Well three months seems like a long time for an in-patient drug rehab...unless you are a celebrity anyway. JMO

Agreed. While my first thought about RM was drug related, I agree. If in fact he has an issue, I fear he is in bad shape physically and mentally and is living in a bad way off the grid or he met with nefarious people. There's no way IMO he is simply in rehab.

just ran a quick google search on "months long rehab centers on Long Island NY"... for instance a list of available places for adults:
http://www.choosehelp.com/newyork/drug-rehabs-alcohol-rehabilitation-programs

i was amazed at the number of places that are 60 or 90 days long. a lot offer sliding scale for self pay patients as well as stating that no one will be refused. Many options for transitional living as well are offered. I do know that finding a medical place to detox first is often a problem, but some manage to detox often wretchedly at a friends or a motel with a trusted friend/family member to guard them and call for help if it is needed. my experiences (friends, family and students) have been with opiates pain pills and heroin. not all have made it successfully, some have, some relapse and others opt for suicide. another outcome is they then go "on a run" and aren't seen or heard from until they resurface, for what ever reason.

I am NOT saying this is RM's option or problem but it is definitely available as an option.

imho and my personal experiences.

Great post. Thanks.
I was surprised at how many centers and options there are on LI alone.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member