NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is not spending another dime on this because it was a voluntary exit if no crime was committed. The public is being used as a free MANHUNT. Very clever on the part of the hunter.

I think that may be part of it, not so sure about crimes being committed
though. :twocents:

eta: what crimes do you suspect?

Rob's flier was up in my place of business from the beginning up until about 2 weeks ago. We've been moving some things around. I will put it back up when we are done.
Thank you! Its always good to hear when folks here do what they can. No matter what any of our various theories may be, I think we all hold out hope that RM may be alive + ok somewhere. I know that's why I check in each day, holding out hope the headline says "found" + the thread moved. JMO

I have also wondered why there was no candlelight vigils.
Why not pray and hold it by their church? Seems they have a big following,
It would have attracted more media attention. IDK.

:waitasec:

i have said...how come she didnt have a press conference
on her front yard with her lawyer standing next to her
and the kids and family????????

The franchises probably have corporate rules--just guessing. Although, some businesses have bulletin boards where people can post business cards, items for sale, etc. One time I saw a missing persons poster too. This was in my local supermarket. I imagine these businesses get a lot of requests from people with lost pets, community events, charities, etc. Seems to me they just draw the line sometimes.

Just a thought . . No facts
JMO from personal experience, much depends on the location manager. The corporation may have "rules" but in each location the manager may override them depending on the circumstances. Local man missing could easily be one of those situations.

I find it odd, that with all the praying going on, there has been no candlelight vigil. I just find that odd. Search Group is seeking more Media, yet why no vigil? We're going on 3 months btw.

It would be a great way to attract media, especially Newsday who has been totally silent. IDK?

I find it odd, that with all the praying going on, there has been no candlelight vigil. I just find that odd. Search Group is seeking more Media, yet why no vigil? We're going on 3 months btw.

It would be a great way to attract media, especially Newsday who has been totally silent. IDK?

Agreed. Dix hills is a huge community.
When something major happens, i have to say, the community rallies.
There are fundraisers every other day for various causes.
The church, the school district, little league...all have gotten involved when
A family is stricken with tragedy or is in need.

Agreed. Dix hills is a huge community.
When something major happens, i have to say, the community rallies.
There are fundraisers every other day for various causes.
The church, the school district, little league...all have gotten involved when
A family is stricken with tragedy or is in need.

I see it here every day also. Patch etc. They love to promote local news.
I'm sure there are may ways to promote this, yet I question why no candlelight vigil? The first thing I check every morning is local news, then I go out from there. :twocents:

I think some people would be surprised how many of us here have actually done physical work on the ground to help find Rob.

It's a shame that a contingent feels otherwise.

Frankly it doesn't matter what they think. We all live in our own truth.

I think some people would be surprised how many of us here have actually done physical work on the ground to help find Rob.

It's a shame that a contingent feels otherwise.

Frankly it doesn't matter what they think. We all live in our own truth.

:gthanks:

JMO from personal experience, much depends on the location manager. The corporation may have "rules" but in each location the manager may override them depending on the circumstances. Local man missing could easily be one of those situations.

I agree.

From LI Press tweet: "the only thing police are saying now is its an ongoing inv and they're inv all leads. Pressers are rare for SCPD"

I've been reading all along - you guys have been on FIRE. Some great theories. I STILL keep going back and forth, but when I get all Occam's Razor on this case, I'm left with three main opinions.

1. He left voluntarily, for whatever reason - with or without another person.

2. A paid hit. His body was supposed to be found MUCH sooner than this. Not mafia-type. I can't say any more without breaking TOS.

3. Suicide, which seems like the least likely to me, but fits with the belongings being left, etc.

I wonder if they have many friiends?
It appears Robert just had work and home.

apologies slightly OT:

Teen dies in accident with remote-control helicopter

NEW YORK (AP) — A teenager operating a remote control helicopter in a New York City park has been struck in the head by it and killed.

Police say 19-year-old Roman Pirozek Jr. died Thursday afternoon near a parkway in Brooklyn. They say he suffered a severe head injury.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/05/teen-nyc-remote-control-helicopter/2773501/

Now if that doesn't make u believe in fate nothing will. When your numbers up your numbers up.

I've been reading all along - you guys have been on FIRE. Some great theories. I STILL keep going back and forth, but when I get all Occam's Razor on this case, I'm left with three main opinions.

1. He left voluntarily, for whatever reason - with or without another person.

2. A paid hit. His body was supposed to be found MUCH sooner than this. Not mafia-type. I can't say any more without breaking TOS.

3. Suicide, which seems like the least likely to me, but fits with the belongings being left, etc.

I too thought about it being a hit - but when it was revealed that he returned home and left the $300, wallet, and cellphone in garage I ruled that out since cannot imagine a scenario where he could do that during a hit...

I think if we throw out the dogs not picking up scent at the train station, I'm going with #1 - leaving with or without another and dogs for whatever reason did get his scent. Wonder if car was wiped clean inside?

Still bugs me, why return home at all, simply leave $$, phone, wallet in car - but on second thought shows he was worried car might get broken into and didn't want those items taken..

I too thought about it being a hit - but when it was revealed that he returned home and left the $300, wallet, and cellphone in garage I ruled that out since cannot imagine a scenario where he could do that during a hit...

I think if we throw out the dogs not picking up scent at the train station, I'm going with #1 - leaving with or without another and dogs for whatever reason did get his scent. Wonder if car was wiped clean inside?

Still bugs me, why return home at all, simply leave $$, phone, wallet in car - but on second thought shows he was worried car might get broken into and didn't want those items taken..

I thought about the hit scenario too.
RM goes home as usual...goes in garage and he is met by 2 men
They take him away tied up in the back seat, he is of course held at gunpoint and they bring him somewhere....they tell him to empty his pockets so that his family thinks he ran out to the store.

I know that sounds crazy but I really have no clue at this point anymore.

Now I think he may have left but then I think about his kids and mom and other family and I'm stuck, uggggg......:banghead:

The car could have been steamed clean that day???? No scent???
All of the above is just IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member