Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thewave::thewave::thewave:

A young lady said she thought she saw him on a train in Boston and a Woman in Virginia said she saw him in a restaurant. Were there any other?

We had someone on here from Alabama. Saw him(?) in a restaurant, mentioned pizza pie.
The other was a train in MA, not necessarily Boston

A young lady said she thought she saw him on a train in Boston and a Woman in Virginia said she saw him in a restaurant. Were there any other?

The restaurant sighting was here on WS, a few posts on one of the earlier threads. I am not able to go looking for it now--but there was mention of a NY-themed baseball cap and the man calling it a 'pizza pie'. (Of course, it could have been any NYC-area person. :) )

tcg

There was two, one on a bus (or train? I forget) and one outside a candy store of sorts.

Oh right. I remember now. A southern woman who talked about how the man called it a pie and people don't call a pizza pie a "pie" in the south.

(I can't imagine calling in an order and saying "I'd like a pizza". Here they would ask, "do you mean, a pie?")

Although he used the word "usually" he sounded very suspicious and almost angry...I would not suggest going there and trying to pick one up...... or call.... I really had to explain myself.... :blush: :facepalm: :banghead: They are VERY protective.

I'm gonna hit up a few LE friends I know and see what the deal is about that. But like I said earlier...LE considers everybody suspect until ruled out so you asking for a police report on RM puts you on the list. maybe I'll send a sase and ask for one see if I get a call back from SCPD asking me what I'm upto....oh well wouldn't be the first time I was interviewed by LE...lol

:groucho: and too we don't know how many people have called...shown up....asked for a report etc

Does any one have any ideas/suggestions/theories on how the discussion of RM's disappearnce spurred a discussion on a Long Island Firearms sight?

Not sure Jerry------had poked my head in way back and saw they maybe 6 pages of discussion----are there more now??? Maybe a member of LE or a Union gun enthusiast is a member of the sight???

:seeya:
I am also local. I also thought about the "parking lot" at the preserve. Parking lot? Isn't it just a dirt area right off Commack Rd? Not a "parking lot" per se at all. Unless there is another area I don't know about...

welcome Sassimiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a back entrance???? Maybe one for maintenance crew-if one exists???????????

Okay...I have a question--- On another case I have been looking at, any time there has been a sighting they have reported it in the paper, and then when it turned out not to be him, they reported that. Has there not been a few sightings (2 by my memory) of RM? I know it was said they were followed up on..but why was it not reported?

~Just my opinion...no facts~

One was reported here IIRC-- from a woman down South who "thought she may have seen him in a diner/cafe/Italian rest (?)" Her report seemed IMO a little out of ordinary and not very credible. There was also a post on FB by a young girl in Mass or RI--dont believe there was any follow-up.
IMO-- the timing of the "reports" is sketchy---think it was someone joking around or looking to toss a crumb to WS to keep us interested--MOO

OK kids--- just wanted to check in and see what if anything is new----
Have a great night and be safe----see you all tomorrow!!!!

Oh right. I remember now. A southern woman who talked about how the man called it a pie and people don't call a pizza pie a "pie" in the south.

(I can't imagine calling in an order and saying "I'd like a pizza". Here they would ask, "do you mean, a pie?")

Hiya Ms. Avalon - while I am a big fan of your posts on this thread - I gotta say, surely you would agree with the high-end Travel and Leisure magazine (quoted below):

"Yesterday, we noted how high-end travel glossy Travel & Leisure recently dropped their Best Pizza Towns In America list — placing Chicago in first place and New York not in second place"

Just sayin'....

Please note that I'm not trying to hijack the thread, or inject levity where none belongs. This thread can get high-strung sometimes, and I just thought a silly joke would be a welcome respite.

That, and my pizza is better than your pie.

---

On point - I really thought that this would have some resolution when school started .Unfortunately, I got caught up in the 'something BIG is about to break out/happen' thing that was palpable in the followers of this case. Wishful thinking, maybe. I surely woulda loved it, had an ending came about.

Thank you guys for the humor today! I can picture myself coming across the country to help search and being stung by bees, getting a severe case of Lyme disease and being bored by the view. To me, prior to this thread, Long Island was pretty much Billy Joel, that's it.

Unless someone wants to volunteer to become a suspect of the suspicious police, maybe we should tank the idea of the police report. Anybody else feeling dead ends everywhere except the pizza parlor!?!

It was "officially" reported yesterday by Force
Ten that RM's car was found at train station
by IM's brother in law who is a SCPD officer.

It was been officially reported that IDA reported
RM to be a missing person at 1AM June 15.

If this is the case - as been oh so officially reported by
Force Ten - even though Force Ten has not been
officially validated or verified or what ever it is called....

if the Deer Park train station is only 8 minutes from
RM's house - why did it take 19 hours to find this outstanding
red car at the train station. Police have numerous patrol
cars literally patrolling looking for things....

common sense says that it most likely would NOT take 19
hours on a Saturday to drive to nearby train stations looking
for a bright cherry red GTO.

If a family member is in SCPD- I would think they would be more aggressive in the search
for RM.? Unless the family knows something JMO

I agree--- and maybe why LE is so protective of this case---either way, all information is guarded tighter than Fort Knox. :drumroll::banghead:

If a family member is in SCPD- I would think they would be more aggressive in the search

Noone said the family member s SCPD. It was said that the brother in law
Is LE.

Thank you guys for the humor today! I can picture myself coming across the country to help search and being stung by bees, getting a severe case of Lyme disease and being bored by the view. To me, prior to this thread, Long Island was pretty much Billy Joel, that's it.

This totally cracked me up!!!

<Billy Joel rocks!!>

I just spoke with the detective in Suffolk. He said that reports are ready within a few days.....however, upon him asking me what kind of report, I just said missing persons and he immediately said--exact words "we dont usually give out missing people reports" --and then proceeded to question me...

By the way Born, thank you so much for trying!

:cheers:

:takeabow:

:yourock:

Hiya Ms. Avalon - while I am a big fan of your posts on this thread - I gotta say, surely you would agree with the high-end Travel and Leisure magazine (quoted below):

"Yesterday, we noted how high-end travel glossy Travel & Leisure recently dropped their Best Pizza Towns In America list — placing Chicago in first place and New York not in second place"

That, and my pizza is better than your pie.

Nevah!!! Lol!

Unless someone wants to volunteer to become a suspect of the suspicious police, maybe we should tank the idea of the police report. Anybody else feeling dead ends everywhere except the pizza parlor!?!

Aww c'mon! We have some of the most beautiful beaches...
And dont forget Howard Stern, The Baldwin Bros., Ray Romano and hey...our very own Amy Fisher and Joey Buttafuco!!!

:thewave::thewave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members