NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought - he might be strapped for $$ considering expensive house. He's a quiet, nice guy and wants to dapple in selling who knows what.
Just his luck, so no sooner than he does, he gets flipped and told to either be an informer or off you're going to jail...

So he takes off, and stages the crazy elaborate ruse we've been :banghead: :banghead:

Kimster has a point. We are rehashing the same theories over and over with no new verifiable evidence.

Regrettably the conversation keeps involving what are (at this point) considered to be victims. I would rather not see the thread locked down.

Unless I hear something back from SAR or Parks, or some credible evidence is announced, I am sitting on the :fence:

I was upfront about what I was asking for. For all I know, they look here and I am not going to be deceptive. I did ask for a call back if they were not permitted to discuss the case.

I was also hoping they would call back because I may offer to go up and assist searching if they decide to go back into the Preserve. I have a purpose built off road SAR vehicle that I might be able to bring up (think tube frame dune buggy on steroids designed for logging roads, rocky mountain trails and steep inclines).
:gthanks: for reaching out. I hope they get back to you, even if its to say they have nothing to share. Meanwhile I know some great places we could be off roading in that buggy, you know so it doesn't just sit around, got to keep the oil moving now + then. :skip:

Another thought b/c my cawfee has kicked in-------Don't MTA police and sometimes National Guard patrol train stations on LI?? Am going by what I have seen here on LI---my point with the possibility of patrols isn't risky to dump a car at a train station?? Especially a red one that was there (possibly) for maybe 10-12 hours???? Am guessing on time---it could have been parked longer or shorter

:gthanks: for reaching out. I hope they get back to you, even if its to say they have nothing to share. Meanwhile I know some great places we could be off roading in that buggy, you know so it doesn't just sit around, got to keep the oil moving now + then. :skip:

This is it!

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 22
I never post, but always read.
{snipped respectfully}

Sometimes people just take off. It is the easiest option for them, for whatever reason. I can't tell you what my father left behind in a drawer, or anything like that. He was gone. he was not there. He was nowhere to be found.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Was going to add my :twocents: about witness protection but I think I'll just :silenced: as it's been said before. Rather not run the risk of getting the thread closed. :)

tcg

Another thought b/c my cawfee has kicked in-------Don't MTA police and sometimes National Guard patrol train stations on LI?? Am going by what I have seen here on LI---my point with the possibility of patrols isn't risky to dump a car at a train station?? Especially a red one that was there (possibly) for maybe 10-12 hours???? Am guessing on time---it could have been parked longer or shorter

I don't think it's unusual to have cars in the lot for 12 hours. Especially being a Friday, people may go into the city for the weekend.

Besides, if they (whoever "they" are) allow homeless to live in their cars there, I'm guessing they don't bat an eye at cars left overnight.

Just wondering who else is local? Momoffourboys said she would go down and pick up the police report if it was available but LE friends of hers thought the waiting period could be six months. Would a local be willing to call Suffolk County and ask if it would be released under Freedom of Information at this time? If so, she will go on Wednesday to pick it up.

Could RM's prints be on file b/c of some sort of license or security clearance he may need pertaining to his job??? Not ruling out gun-ownership but well the hell--why not add another layer to the onion!!!

Yes, you are correct. He needed to provide fingerprints for his electrician's license. I posted a PDF on it last night.

Just wondering who else is local? Momoffourboys said she would go down and pick up the police report if it was available but LE friends of hers thought the waiting period could be six months. Would a local be willing to call Suffolk County and ask if it would be released under Freedom of Information at this time? If so, she will go on Wednesday to pick it up.

Looks like you can request report by mail if anyone's interested :twocents:
http://apps.suffolkcountyny.gov/poli...PDCS-5414e.pdf
http://apps.suffolkcountyny.gov/police/records.htm

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 June 2013 - #8

This is the number they tell you to call on the find RM website. Maybe you can start here?

If you have seen this gentleman or know anything about him, please call Suffolk County Police Second Squad at 631-854-8252 or your local police. Please help us find him.

http://helpfindrobertmayer.com/?page_id=213

Yes, you are correct. He needed to provide fingerprints for his electrician's license. I posted a PDF on it last night.

Does any one have any ideas/suggestions/theories on how the discussion of RM's disappearnce spurred a discussion on a Long Island Firearms sight?

On second thought - he might be strapped for $$ considering expensive house. He's a quiet, nice guy and wants to dapple in selling who knows what.
Just his luck, so no sooner than he does, he gets flipped and told to either be an informer or off you're going to jail...

So he takes off, and stages the crazy elaborate ruse we've been :banghead: :banghead:

This sounds like the best theory I have read so far. Explains alot of the cover up and how everything went too far with the public looking for him. It was probably suppose to be a flash in the pan until many good citizens got involved and keep pushing to find him. These people out in Long Island are probably like, STAHP ALREADY FOW GOD'S SAKE. Goffulbid! ::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

No he could not have. You have to be 16 years old in NYS to get your permit to drive.

Sorry but kids know how to drive at 16 and he could have driven that car. Permit or no permit. If he was asked to move that car he could I'm sure jmoo

Does any one have any ideas/suggestions/theories on how the discussion of RM's disappearnce spurred a discussion on a Long Island Firearms sight?

Ummmmm maybe the fact they are in Long Island lol

Sorry but kids know how to drive at 16 and he could have driven that car. Permit or no permit. If he was asked to move that car he could I'm sure jmoo
I was about to dispute this, saying the son wouldn't have been home by 2:51, but in checking the bell schedule for CHS, the dismissal is 2:25. Middle school gets out at 2:42.

I was about to dispute this, saying the son wouldn't have been home by 2:51, but in checking the bell schedule for CHS, the dismissal is 2:25. Middle school gets out at 2:42.

Maybe he was at summer camp as school was not in session

Okayyy. Maybe where you live. I sure don't know any 15 year olds who are driving. And I have teenagers. None them or their friends got behind the wheel before they had their permit at 16. Auto insurance in NYS is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member