NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: when you contacted them, was it specifically referencing RM?
Or did you ask "generally" that you would like to speak with them? TIA

I was upfront about what I was asking for. For all I know, they look here and I am not going to be deceptive. I did ask for a call back if they were not permitted to discuss the case.

I was also hoping they would call back because I may offer to go up and assist searching if they decide to go back into the Preserve. I have a purpose built off road SAR vehicle that I might be able to bring up (think tube frame dune buggy on steroids designed for logging roads, rocky mountain trails and steep inclines).

That is not true. Force ten never made that statement. It was a hypothetical statement made by my. I said "unless the family/friend who found car was LE".

Also, the train station always has cars parked overnight. It would not be odd for LE to drive thru station and see cars there.

I could have sworn on my newly bought lottery ticket for the big bucks
that F-10 said yesterday it was the b-i-l and then i stated
(palm to head) that it blew me away that the bil was a scpd copper.

i'll try to find the post from yesterday - give me a few, ok?

Completely agree, and the fact that he has finger prints on file, and this somehow came up on a LI firearms website, leads me to believe he is a gun owner. Run home, drop off everything in your pockets, grab the gun, and off to the preserve/psych center or wherever to end it all. I hate to think that, but it's the only thing that really fits. Everything else has more holes than a good Swiss Cheese. I hope to God this isn't the case, I feel awful for his children.

BTW---it's never come up, but I hope IM told LE if in fact he was a gun owner. I assume that's one thing she searched the house for.....is it missing????????

Could RM's prints be on file b/c of some sort of license or security clearance he may need pertaining to his job??? Not ruling out gun-ownership but well the hell--why not add another layer to the onion!!!

If I am off base ---there are so many facts, fictions, cell-phone pings (hey-we havent talked about those in a thread or 3 -lol) that I need some clarification---Was the area around the Deer Park Sta. searched?? The area that was said to have alot of homeless people IIRC.

BBM

I would assume that if they used a dog to look for scent, they would have at least done a hasty search around the station area. I am convinced they are competent at their mission.

I think the PD and SAR did a good job given the circumstances. I am not looking at the silence in a bad way. Having been on the other side of this coin in the past, they may have good reason for the way they are handling this event.

Looking at everything as a whole, the LISAR website and resources, I am convinced that from a SAR point of view, they used the correct resources in the correct manner. I am quite sure they have a detailed after action report on file. If it is not on file with the PD, it is not public record if they do not wish to share it. There is a degree of legal liability with SAR, even though it is volunteer.

While I may have a bruised ego over a lack of phone or email response, that's my problem, not theirs.

For those who think suicide...why the silence from his family....why the very quiet position of LE....and SAR now....(here's hoping they get back to Trackergd) and why why why are questions considered so offensive???

I guess Clevah---maybe with suicide there is some finger-pointing and blame going around in the families. IMO and I hope to hell I am wrong

But if it is suicide, then the body has been found. Why not just say to the public, RM has been found, accidental death and leave it there?? No need to give all private details

I doubt it. He didn't grown up near it.

He did grow up in Old Bethpage-------what about the golf course, Bethpage Parkway with walking path and lots of woods, the state park???????????

Not to be morbid---but is there a methodology to suicide in that you return to past or places of meaning???

I could have sworn on my newly bought lottery ticket for the big bucks
that F-10 said yesterday it was the b-i-l and then i stated
(palm to head) that it blew me away that the bil was a scpd copper.

i'll try to find the post from yesterday - give me a few, ok?

BIL is a police officer.
Did not find car (as far as we know)
I dont think he is SCPD.

Maybe fingerprints were a requirement for his electrician's license?? After doing a quick Google search, it appears fingerprints are a requirement for a license to install security/alarm systems in most states. RM could have added this license to his list of skills. Just a thought . .

sorry McSpy----still catching up!!!! did not mean to repeat

I never post, but always read.

Robert was a healthy, largish man who went missing in daylight, in a populated area. His bike, and some work equipment seem to be missing with him. (??) His car was found at a railway station. Apparently the head of a happy family, we do know that there had been some problems in the past, with his wife's career change, and that, no matter what the family's income was, that they had reasonably high outgoings.

I don't know why the $300 was in the drawer, or the telephone, or why the car seat was forward. (Etc) However, it seems clear to me that the most likely scenario is Robert leaving under his own steam. For reasons that are not clear to us.

My father went out to work one day when I was six, leaving four children, a wife, mortgaged house. He had an ok-ish career. The next time I saw him was in a coffin, 33 years later. Another woman, another life. He was not a monster, just overwhelmed, and weak. He did have contact with his mother and siblings at some point after he left- I don't know how long after, because we had no contact with them. (Then) They have subsequently told us that my father said that having contact with us, (his kids), would cause us grief. He paid no child support etc, but, after about three years did divorce my mother, (via lawyers), and claimed his equity in the family house. (This was in the 70s, things are different now)

Sometimes people just take off. It is the easiest option for them, for whatever reason. I can't tell you what my father left behind in a drawer, or anything like that. He was gone. he was not there. He was nowhere to be found.

Wow----thanks for your post and sharing that with us minusfour------it does happen and not just in movies

Yes and I believe I read somewhere that the relative was RM's son. No time to check this right now but that's been my understanding.

Yes I believe you are correct . My u derstanding also. I also stated many posts ago that his son could have driven that car.

I'm giving it until the end of the day today. There is the possibility that they are tied up with other day to day things and have just not got around to checking phone messages etc.

After that, I guess I will have to admit that they are just not going to talk to me for what ever reason. Could be Legal advice not to discuss cases or it could be a request from LE with regard to an active case. I would have at least thought I would get the courtesy of a "sorry, can't talk about it" phone call.

Yanno Tracker I can't help but think about when the Shah of Iran was in the news all the time in the 70's. One of the articles I read was about his security detail and they were comparing his with Secret Service. and someone said "The secret service when asked about their charge say 'No Comment'...but the Shah's guards don't say anything because 'No Comment' is a comment" That's what I'm seeing here with LE and now SAR....why so very quiet???

This was brought up many threads back, I'd imagine FT got it there. She is not claiming to be verified or know this on her own.

He said it yesterday! I know he's not verified! Never said it was fact just that this is what he said yesterday.

Yes I believe you are correct . My u derstanding also. I also stated many posts ago that his son could have driven that car.

No he could not have. You have to be 16 years old in NYS to get your permit to drive.

He said it yesterday! I know he's not verified! Never said it was fact just that this is what he said yesterday.

This is why we need links. Someone said something and then someone keeps repeating it through the threads to the point where everyone assumes it's fact and then someone else asks "where is the back up for this?" and no one knows.

Make notes about what has been linked as fact and don't be afraid to ask someone to link up. If they aren't a verified insider, they are NOT a verified insider.

ETA: If we keep getting alerts/concerns about posts in this case, we will close it until there is new news. Please pay attention to your posts. :tyou:

Yanno Tracker I can't help but think about when the Shah of Iran was in the news all the time in the 70's. One of the articles I read was about his security detail and they were comparing his with Secret Service. and someone said "The secret service when asked about their charge say 'No Comment'...but the Shah's guards don't say anything because 'No Comment' is a comment" That's what I'm seeing here with LE and now SAR....why so very quiet???

I think we have three main theories:

1. He walked off to a new life/WP
2. He met with foul play
3. He decided to opt out of life

They know or suspect something and are keeping the information close. :twocents:

No return phone calls from Parks or SAR. No return email from SAR. :banghead:

Perhaps they know something that LE does not want mentioned... what could that be?
He's on the run because a bust was about to come down and any mention would jeopardize the rest of the case?
Far fetched... even for me to believe :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member