NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since RM was NOT seen on the neighbor's video camera, it cannot be said 100 percent that RM arrived home. Yes, the items were in the home, but if he had help, someone else could have placed them there. (It is Possible that it was RM at his home, though. It would make the most sense.)
RM was seen at the Arrow Scrap Yard, so technically that was the last place he was seen.
IMOO.

That can be proved buy fingerprints on his phone!

That house is massive by Dix Hills standards, in the pictures I have seen it pretty much dwarfs the neighboring houses. To build a house of that size even on Long Island would be very, very expensive ... I can't even begin to imagine what their property taxes are like :notgood:

That's like the size house one would expect in those areas south of Montauk Highway in West Islip, Babylon, Brightwaters, Islip, Bay Shore, etc.

Hey all--gonna bundle my replies into one... all snips are done with the utmost respect... ;)

Hate to say this but... Isnt that car like a mid-life crisis car!

A bit--but you know, if I saw that car, I'm not sure I'd've looked twice. My mom had a red Chevy Cavalier that looked a lot like that. I mean, it's nice, but for a shiny little red car it isn't really on par with a Ferrari or the like.

Whoever was driving his car had access to the home/garage? Seems odd.

For the sake of speculation, if there was a garage door opener remote in the car, why wouldn't this hypothetical driver-person have garage access?

very strange and crumbley-------To diagnose sleep apnea and get the proper calibrations for the CPAP machine you must under a sleep study---you do that at a sleep clinic not in the home.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but we don't know that he didn't undergo an overnight sleep study. I would assume if one has a CPAP, one has done the sleep study. Unless you bought it at a garage sale or something, ew. (I crack myself up.)

In most surveillance videos I've seen, they are grainy and distorted. Some you can't really get a good make on the person let alone what kind of mood they are in. It's difficult for me to weigh in until I see the actual video which hopefully will be released.

I agree. I cannot help but wonder if viewing the video, she has seen what she thinks are worry or nervousness, and as a result the video has induced a bit of revisionist history into her memories. This is not a criticism or a slam; this is the infallibility of human memory, why eyewitness accounts can be crap evidence. Just thinking out loud. :twocents:

Happy Friday the 13th,
tcg :moo:

It's an older car. I'm actually surprised he didn't have a nicer car that what makes me believe money issues. That house and that car don't go.

I think the car and house probably were better suited for each other when the other additions weren't added onto the house.
If Robert got that car brand new in 2004, it's a nice car and he would have been in his 30's then, so I can see him with that car. Perhaps he always wanted a car like this.
On the other hand, leaving the car behind.....it is 9 years old, and maybe his future holds a newer car of his dreams.... so it may not been that difficult to part ways.
IMOO.

And who found the phone? Wouldn't their prints then be on the phone as well?
IMOO.
I hope that whoever found it was smart enough not to touch it, because it was found a week after RM was missing.
Well, I HOPE!
:facepalm:

I think the car was left at that train station to make it appear he left the area!
I do not believe he was there at all!

I hope that whoever found it was smart enough not to touch it, because it was found a week after RM was missing.
Well, I HOPE!

lol If I found my missing husbands cell phone you can bet I went thru it!

people in adultery lose weight like that....working on their appearance for their new love.....my ex did

Good Point and it may explain him leaving with someone. My ex did the same thing. He got all trim and started growing a beard. Did IM not say she thought he was unshaven? I am glad you mentioned that. They start going to the gym all of a sudden, taking Ginsing, etc... Don't start me up!

:Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::Banane43::

Well, I HOPE!

And you don't think his wife would touch his phone, knowing he is now gone?
The Huffington Post article mentions that she found the phone. I doubt if she would be wearing gloves to keep her prints off the phone. :)

Now don't you think there is a reason why there was nothing put out in the media about Robert mayer? There has to be a reason! Because im sure he would have been front page... LONG ISLAND MAN MISING!

here in my little part of paradise we get a phone call via the sheriffs office about any missing peeps young old anyone considered endangered.

Eileen, I like the idea of the phone call. That would have to have been done like the day after he went missing while he was fresh in someone's mind if they saw him. We tend to focus on missing people in the news when they are Attractive, Little White Girls. Alot of Men Women & Children go missing and there is very little focus on them.

And you don't think his wife would touch his phone, knowing he is now gone?
The Huffington Post article mentions that she found the phone. I doubt if she would be wearing gloves to keep her prints off the phone. :)

So, are you saying that she destroyed evidence...if there was one??!!!!

Eileen, I like the idea of the phone call. That would have to have been done like the day after he went missing while he was fresh in someone's mind if they saw him. We tend to focus on missing people in the news when they are Attractive, Little White Girls. Alot of Men Women & Children go missing and there is very little focus on them.

These scrap places kind of get to know ya if you know what I mean.
They take your pic or take a thumbprint they get your drivers lic and give you money, sometimes a lot of money. They have t spend some times with each customer and they said hes gone there a few times said he was nice they would know that the guy whos pic is on the front page of the paper was just in the shop JMO

Not like walmart!

So, are you saying that she destroyed evidence...if there was one??!!!!

NO! I did not say that.
What I am saying is, IM found the phone. It's her husband's phone, so why wouldn't she pick up the phone. In your post you mention that you hoped she would not have touched the phone since it was found a week later. But since it was her husband's phone and he is missing, it would make sense for her to pick up the phone, and maybe even go through the phone herself for clues as to why her husband is missing.
IMOO.

These scrap places kind of get to know ya if you know what I mean.
They take your pic or take a thumbprint they get your drivers lic and give you money, sometimes a lot of money. They have t spend some times with each customer and they said hes gone there a few times said he was nice they would know that the guy whos pic is on the front page of the paper was just in the shop JMO

Not like walmart!

strip club theory:

right down the street from the scrap yard is a strip joint.
maybe he got off work at 12:30 - seen driving away
and went to the strip joint for a couple of drinks
and for his cover....for wifey
went to the scrap yard....
and GOT A RECEIPT...
to say
oh - stopped at the scrap yard... THATS what i was doing.
and hence... the receipt for proof of his TIME

dont forget the last call seemed to have pinged at hauppague
at 1:15.

he was in the strip club - maybe he went to the strip
club EVERY friday.... for all we know
and he said ..oh...in CASE i need a alibi...i'll just go to the
handy dandy scrap yard here.. and get a receipt.

maybe someone has a beef with him or his wife or his family
for one reason or another
and instead of a friday afternoon at the strip club
became.....

what it became

Please don't get me wrong. I am not a native English speaker so I am not sure if I am expressing my idea right.
We know for sure that the last place where RM has been seen is his house. His phone found there claims that. There are no facts that prove that he left that house, sightseeing, tips... or anything likewise. Even the car seat was mowed upfront which lets me understand that it was not driven to the railway by RM.
To me THE spot where a missing person was last seen is called a "spot zero", and all the investigation should commence from there.
That is the reason I have so many questions related to that house.

I think your English is fine. :seeya:

Seeing how much attention is paid to the seat moved up, I take that with a grain of salt. There has been so much mis-info and conflicting info from the start, that I tend to dismiss the seat info. That's just me.

I think your English is fine. :seeya:

Seeing how much attention is paid to the seat moved up, I take that with a grain of salt. There has been so much mis-info and conflicting info from the start, that I tend to dismiss the seat info. That's just me.

I don't know that's seems to be the only thing that has not changed!
Must be true!

strip club theory:

right down the street from the scrap yard is a strip joint.
maybe he got off work at 12:30 - seen driving away
and went to the strip joint for a couple of drinks
and for his cover....for wifey
went to the scrap yard....
and GOT A RECEIPT...
to say
oh - stopped at the scrap yard... THATS what i was doing.
and hence... the receipt for proof of his TIME

dont forget the last call seemed to have pinged at hauppague
at 1:15.

he was in the strip club - maybe he went to the strip
club EVERY friday.... for all we know
and he said ..oh...in CASE i need a alibi...i'll just go to the
handy dandy scrap yard here.. and get a receipt.

maybe someone has a beef with him or his wife or his family
for one reason or another
and instead of a friday afternoon at the strip club
became.....

what it became

Ya never know!

Well, I HOPE!

I think it was touched and all history checked. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads