NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many videos on youtube about scrap :twocents:

Most of it requires work

Makes me wonder if all the pennies I have are worth more as scrap than currency! :floorlaugh:

But then there is only five minutes from the time he turned off his phone and put everything in the drawer. Someone stated that you couldnt fit a mountain bike in the car but now I am to believe that someone dragged this 6'1 guy out of the house and stuffed him in the trunk of his own car in the middle of the day and none of this was seen on the neighbor's security camera?:pillowfight:

Well as I see it he came home put his things in their places and then his car left the house.
I do not think he left in that car!
and it wouldn't be 10 minutes to clean up a scene he wasn't reported missing till what 1AM?

Well as I see it he came home put his things in their places and then his car left the house.
and it wouldn't be 10 minutes to clean up a scene he wasn't reported missing till what 1AM?

True! I know you've been back and forth on this case quite a few times, but I take it you have a theory?

So Eileen, correct me if I'm not reading you correctly. Your theory is...Rob came home at 2:40. Placed his personal belongings in the appropriate places. He was then either confronted at gunpoint or incapacitated in some manner. Then someone else drove the car away at 2:51. Then at some point between then and 1am Rob was removed from the home and disposed of. Or, if I recall the jist of your posts, you consider that his body may still be on the premises. Am I accurate in what your theory may be?

Okay, new here. I can't stop thinking about this case. I think RM was possibly involved with "connected" people. Based on IM's description of his nervous energy in the days leading up to his disappearance, I feel he knew something was coming to a head and tensions were running high for him, whether his call was dropped or he hung up on his wife that morning is irrelevant. He possibly owed someone money or stepped on the wrong person's toes, it's hard to guess without knowing his personality. The lack of evidence that would point to foul play and the clean way in which he disappeared leads me to believe he encountered professionals. They very well may had been able to lure him away willingly, making him believe that he could protect his family and settle up with "them" somehow. It's hard for me to believe that he just disappeared on his own free will, based on his wife's instincts to do everything in her power to keep this case going.

Okay, new here. I can't stop thinking about this case. I think RM was possibly involved with "connected" people. Based on IM's description of his nervous energy in the days leading up to his disappearance, I feel he knew something was coming to a head and tensions were running high for him, whether his call was dropped or he hung up on his wife that morning is irrelevant. He possibly owed someone money or stepped on the wrong person's toes, it's hard to guess without knowing his personality. The lack of evidence that would point to foul play and the clean way in which he disappeared leads me to believe he encountered professionals. They very well may had been able to lure him away willingly, making him believe that he could protect his family and settle up with "them" somehow. It's hard for me to believe that he just disappeared on his own free will, based on his wife's instincts to do everything in her power to keep this case going.

Interesting. Made to believe he was safe and had an opportunity to rectify his situation and then......poof. Brings to mind Tommy in Goodfellas.

Welcome to the board. But with all due respect, clear, precise facts, that don't change every 2 weeks, would be more helpful in keeping this case going. There is a huge missing piece to this puzzle.

Hard to believe that a healthy, happy, successful man would go missing in the middle of
The day in HIS neighborhood... Unless he was involved in something shady or dangerous.
JMO

Welcome to the board. But with all due respect, clear, precise facts, that don't change every 2 weeks, would be more helpful in keeping this case going. There is a huge missing piece to this puzzle.

Thank you. I totally get what you're saying, but even with the missing puzzle pieces, I think "professionals" are a serious possibility. Underground crime is alive and well and a very logical possibility. I'm sorry, it's difficult to search back into what your theory may be... I have to get more acquainted with this site.

Hard to believe that a healthy, happy, successful man would go missing in the middle of
The day in HIS neighborhood... Unless he was involved in something shady or dangerous.
JMO

I agree. Dix Hills is an upper class neighborhood and though I haven't seen the house, from what all of you describe, RM was living more than comfortably. Although, to play devil's advocate against my own theory, a well qualified electrician can make a ton of money doing side jobs and I'm sure he also did a lot of work on his own home (saving himself money).

I would be curious to also know what side jobs he did, if any and for whom.

Maybe too many Sopranos reruns lately, but this seems like the way Christopher might "disappear" someone, middle of the day, someplace where he would never be found.

I am exhausted so I may not make sense.

My strongest theories are this:

He was fighting an internal battle, maybe addiction, maybe financial stress, maybe the wrong crowd and he left everything at home and tool the train as far away as possible and ended his own life.

Or

Someone close to him, harmed him or set him up to be harmed. Maybe a hit or plan. Something that appears staged.

I don't believe he left on his own. It defeats even stopping at home. There would be no reason to tidy up, per se.

I don't know anything for sure an all are just guesses but I can tell you what I know for sure and that the crumbs we have been given are horrible at best. The contradictions from his wife or at least as we know them plain out suck. If my partner was missing and I was genuinely concerned, you would know a whole lot about HER. Her habits, her everything. The hiding or leaving stiff out makes me really want to point fingers, if nothing other than poor judgement. Jmo.

I agree. Dix Hills is an upper class neighborhood and though I haven't seen the house, from what all of you describe, RM was living more than comfortably. Although, to play devil's advocate against my own theory, a well qualified electrician can make a ton of money doing side jobs and I'm sure he also did a lot of work on his own home (saving himself money).

I would be curious to also know what side jobs he did, if any and for whom.

IMO, intially RM's wife was bringing in most of the money, but you bring up a good point about RM possibly doing side jobs. Wish we knew if that is true or not. That makes his contacts wider, IMO. He could have ran into some questionable people.

Also, I agree that he probably saved a lot working on his own home, but he still paid out $75k on one project, which isn't chicken feed. Although possibly, that monetary figure may have included his work on the project.

JMO

IMO, intially RM's wife was bringing in most of the money, but you bring up a good point about RM possibly doing side jobs. Wish we knew if that is true or not. That makes his contacts wider, IMO. He could have ran into some questionable people.

Also, I agree that he probably saved a lot working on his own home, but he still paid out $75k on one project, which isn't chicken feed. Although possibly, that monetary figure may have included his work on the project.

JMO

Is it true that union electricians are not "allowed" to do side jobs?

I am exhausted so I may not make sense.

My strongest theories are this:

He was fighting an internal battle, maybe addiction, maybe financial stress, maybe the wrong crowd and he left everything at home and tool the train as far away as possible and ended his own life.

Or

Someone close to him, harmed him or set him up to be harmed. Maybe a hit or plan. Something that appears staged.

I don't believe he left on his own. It defeats even stopping at home. There would be no reason to tidy up, per se.

I don't know anything for sure an all are just guesses but I can tell you what I know for sure and that the crumbs we have been given are horrible at best. The contradictions from his wife or at least as we know them plain out suck. If my partner was missing and I was genuinely concerned, you would know a whole lot about HER. Her habits, her everything. The hiding or leaving stiff out makes me really want to point fingers, if nothing other than poor judgement. Jmo.

BBM

Yeah, I don't get it. I know I have said this before, but why in the world would he bother to drop off his phone and cash just to flee the coup? Why did he bother? To get the bike? Makes me wonder if IM checked for missing suitcases or duffle bags. Was there a backpack missing? I know it is difficult to figure out what is missing, if you have closets full of stuff from years of marriage and family life, but was there anything else missing other than his bike? Makes me wonder if he had a bag packed at 4:30am that day. Yet again, why bother to scrap metal and go home to throw the money in a drawer in the garage??? Odd!

Alot of jobs need to be through a contractor. U can get in trouble doing things on your own. Things need to be inspected after the work is done.

BBM

Yeah, I don't get it. I know I have said this before, but why in the world would he bother to drop off his phone and cash just to flee the coup? Why did he bother? To get the bike? Makes me wonder if IM checked for missing suitcases or duffle bags. Was there a backpack missing? I know it is difficult to figure out what is missing, if you have closets full of stuff from years of marriage and family life, but was there anything else missing other than his bike? Makes me wonder if he had a bag packed at 4:30am that day. Yet again, why bother to scrap metal and go home to throw the money in a drawer in the garage??? Odd!

Why did he go to work that day? I've asked this before too. I hate going to work every day. I'm definitely not going on the day I'm leaving forever!!

I don't know, but I think they need an additional license, which I believe is a contractor's license. They should have insurance too. However, I think many of them do small jobs on the side without that license. For example: adding an outlet to an exterior porch. They get referrals from family and friends. I'm not absolutely sure on all this though. I also don't know if there are union rules. Maybe they aren't allowed to do freelance work. Hopefully, someone here knows more.

Why did he go to work that day? I've asked this before too. I hate going to work every day. I'm definitely not going on the day I'm leaving forever!!

No kidding. Why not beat the weekend rush and take off right at 4:30am? Why wait until Friday afternoon? Even if suicide was his intent, why go to work first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl