NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of our locals try to get the police report? I know that was discussed. Just too many loose ends with this disappearance.
I wondered if anyone had made an official request for a copy of the report yet? Of course we'd probably end up looking at a whole lot of black marker lines. :dunno:

I wondered if anyone had made an official request for a copy of the report yet? Of course we'd probably end up looking at a whole lot of black marker lines. :dunno:
A poster made a call to the SCPD records section and the officer that answered the phone said something to the effect of "We don't normally release missing persons case files" ... I believe it is in this thread, maybe around page #20ish.

It's a lot. I googled how much scrap you'd need to have to make $100 and $300. I forgot to mention that here. The prices go up and down but I got a general idea. Copper is worth much more than the other building metals, but you'd still need a LOT of it to make $300. Let me put it this way - $300 worth of ANY other metal would NOT fit in that car and/or trunk. Copper - MAYBE.

It did make me wonder exactly WHAT and how much he scrapped.

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

I've been asking how much scrap could he possibly fit in his small car?
I knew a guy way back who did trash removal as a side job. He had DUMP TRUCK! If he got $400 that was a lot.

A couple of years ago I scrapped a car, I got $250.
So, IMHO, the whole scrap thing is nonsense, unless he was scrapping gold, silver or titanium.

It's a lot. I googled how much scrap you'd need to have to make $100 and $300. I forgot to mention that here. The prices go up and down but I got a general idea. Copper is worth much more than the other building metals, but you'd still need a LOT of it to make $300. Let me put it this way - $300 worth of ANY other metal would NOT fit in that car and/or trunk. Copper - MAYBE.

It did make me wonder exactly WHAT and how much he scrapped.

I asked my SIL who is an electrican. He said it depends on the thickness of the wire and yes it could fit in his car.

Hey TCG I also am exp PC probs.....think its related????? Anybody else???? On this thread I mean???
Just cuz I'm paranoid don't make me wrong

Had issues last night was running very slow and my DD defragged my netbook.

Catalytic converters contain platinum. I wonder if RM scrapped anything like that?

IMOO.

WI1987 - Did you mean this? (end of thread 7)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 June 2013 - #7
Just asked a friend in local LE who says reports are not available in such short time (not this specific case but in general). The yaphank request is for records which he thinks are older than 6 months old.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 June 2013 - #7

I missed the bit about anyone contacting the records section + making a request, with their $1 fee. I'm only curious if we might actually be able to view it. I had no idea such a thing could even be asked for when it was first mentioned.

Just a quick google;

snipped>
Heres the punch line to this short story: In less than two hours (less procurement, planning, and documentation) I turned three free junk motors into 20 pounds of No.2 copper. at todays price of scrap ($3.82 per pound) thats a little over 75$, not bad for a couple of hours work, Huh?

http://bluechipmachineshop.com/bc_blog/?p=962

AfgrBJS.jpg

There are many videos on youtube about scrap :twocents:

Most of it requires work

Hey TCG I also am exp PC probs.....think its related????? Anybody else???? On this thread I mean???
Just cuz I'm paranoid don't make me wrong

Nah, I don't think it's related. Just couldn't connect to a few sites or to Google chat. A reboot and all's well, whew. (Mac OS X 10.8/Chrome)

tcg

ok...now I'm thinking out loud

i cant get on board with the foul play at the house. Are you telling me it is plausible for foul play AND clean up to have transpired within 10 minutes?

I cant get on board with the errands as he left his wallet and cash at home.

I cant get on board with the bike ride since he didnt change his clothes.

Not all crimes have blood!

Oh I agree but I mean cleanup in terms of overturned furniture or something of the like. I dont think he went down without a fight.

Sure he could! the element of surprise a bop on the head hes out cold tossed into the back of his red GTO
gone in a flash!

I thought in the beginning he left on his own! But I do not believe so now!

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

I've been asking how much scrap could he possibly fit in his small car?
I knew a guy way back who did trash removal as a side job. He had DUMP TRUCK! If he got $400 that was a lot.

A couple of years ago I scrapped a car, I got $250.
So, IMHO, the whole scrap thing is nonsense, unless he was scrapping gold, silver or titanium.

One could fit quite a bit in that car in comparison to what he received. It may even been the reason his trunk was empty - transporting 3 or 4 boxes or buckets of wire. The pay out for copper is much higher than most metals and one of the more commonly stolen at home improvement stores and job sites. I have heard one story where thieves broke into a new office building and removed an entire floor of it's wire (the super thick wire). Another more recent, one night thieves cut through a chain link fence to a water treatment plant, drove their truck through, removed all the copper piping and just drove away. Copper equals money.

Also, one doesn't generally bring the scrap inside. It is gathered and weighed outside and then given a receipt. Then the seller goes to the cashier, so you wouldn't see RM on camera hauling in a bunch of scrap.

Is anyone else having problems seeing pics on homesnap? It tells me the pic is unavailable now. Can someone else plz check to verify this?

Is anyone else having problems seeing pics on homesnap? It tells me the pic is unavailable now. Can someone else plz check to verify this?

I have the same problem. Couldn't see the picture. I just figured since everyone else could see it that it was because I was using my phone. 99% of the time I'm viewing from my phone. Are you viewing from phone or computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne