NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to disappear your not going to take a phone u can be traced with. You won't take your wallet with your real identification nor drive your car. This man left everything that identifies him in dix hills.
He has to have new I'd and new phone. Imo.

He would probably get a tracphone (burn phone), because he could be traced by getting a service contract with a major carrier if he uses his real identity. JMO

If it was done for a Cause, then is the cause meaning RM left IM for whatever his reason was within the marriage, or RM is missing, but not of his own volition?
I know that, for myself, I keep going back and forth as to the real reason why RM is missing.
IMOO.

I don't think he left Ida. I think there is some problem probably financial that was going g to be solved by him going missing. I BELIEVE this had been planned thru by both.. Imo

I don't think he left Ida. I think there is some problem probably financial that was going g to be solved by him going missing. I BELIEVE this had been planned thru by both.. Imo

Ok, I see, so therefore he might not be deceased, and he might not have wanted to leave her, but he left her because of a thought out plan that involved financial dealings in one way or another, is what I think you are saying.
IMOO.

That's my thinking as well, declared dead after three years and there is life insurance money and house proceeds if sold...

Ok, I see, so therefore he might not be deceased, and he might not have wanted to leave her, but he left her because of a thought out plan that involved financial dealings in one way or another, is what I think you are saying.
IMOO.

Yeppers!!!!!!

They could be told that he no longer works there. If RM was laid off or fired, I think most employers would not give the reason he is not there anymore. If he wasn't laid off and wasn't fired, maybe they would say he is no longer working here, or maybe they would indulge in the fact that he is missing.
IMOO.

or would they be told "he's working in another state right now???"

That's my thinking as well, declared dead after three years and there is life insurance money and house proceeds if sold...

But if he is found alive before the 3 years then no life ins. money, and then what? Their plan didn't work then if that was their plan? So he has to be hidden well then for this theory to work.
IMOO.

or would they be told "he's working in another state right now???"

If they said that, then they would know where he is, and he is considered missing, so I don't think they would say that, knowing LE is or was looking for him. It's not a crime for someone to leave on their own if they want to go, but it would seem odd to me that they would tell someone else that he is in another state, when his wife doesn't even know where he is, and she wants to know where he is.(if indeed she does not know where he is) Wow, that's sounds confusing!
IMOO.

Hmmmmm, I don't think I'm on board with this theory. The courts may look at what LE thinks happened to him (don't think a crime happened) and deny any attempts to declare RM dead. Who knows? It may take years and years to get it through the courts. Meanwhile, she could lose the house anyways. JMO

Hmmmmm, I don't think I'm on board with this theory. The courts may look at what LE thinks happened to him (don't think a crime happened) and deny any attempts to declare RM dead. Who knows? It may take years and years to get it through the courts. Meanwhile, she could lose the house anyways. JMO

This makes sense what you said. If they think he left on his own, then there could possibly be issues about declaring him legally dead in 3 years.
IMOO.

start a new life without each other, even though they both planned it out?
Or maybe she gets This money, since he got the hidden money if that theory is correct?
IMOO.

Hey she could move who's to say she won't move to where he is sometime in the future....I think they will meet up again when the time is right.

Thanks for the picture of the car. It makes more sense that the seat was pushed forward. With 2 doors the only way to get something off the back seat is to fold it down and probably scoot the seat up as well. His tools, bike, or a duffle bag could have been put on or in the back seat. The bike could have been disassembled to fit. Someone mentioned that there was a problem with the latch on his trunk. Not sure if that was true, but if so then anything of value would be on the seat not in the trunk.

BBM

Putting the seat back forward isn't enough to grab this stuff? Would he need to move the entire seat forward? I've owned 2 door cars and just putting the seat back (bent) forward was enough for retrieving most items. It was rare that I had to move the entire seat forward. JMO

Originally I posted I believed RM just left on his own. I thought LE wasn't investigating. I've changed my mind. He may have just left but after speaking to some friends in the know, IMO there is something going on. I don't know how big, but my even asking brought out a fear in them. And a quick change in subject. IMO we haven't seen nuthin yet. They are being tight lipped for a reason. Very tight lipped. I believe they're on lockdown with this.

IMO, something about the car...why are they holding it...

????????

So, I drove by...kind of hard to look while driving, but above the garage door in the corner it looks like one of those eyeball security cameras. I drove by 2x and wanted to o by once more, but the neighbors a few doors down were out and everyone stared at me LOL

I find this case very interesting.
So much intrigue and back story.
So many locals participating.
So much confusion and secrecy.

I do respect the family's right to privacy.
But then why plead for media coverage??
First public, then hush hush.
How can anyone help find Rob if the facts are skewed?

I sincerely hope Rob is safe somewhere.........

:candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members