NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Street Journal: Earlier Investigation Focused on Alleged Relationship Between Female Prison Worker and Escaped Killer
Investigation on whether Joyce Mitchell, tailoring shop employee, had relationship with David Sweat was inconclusive

Embedded video & MUCHMore@Link

http://www.wsj.com/articles/earlier...e-prison-worker-and-escaped-killer-1434040918

ETA:
(snip)

Mr. Sweat was pulled out of the tailoring shop and was reassigned to another shop with a different supervisor, according to this person.
----
So, how can the Union not do something regarding Mrs. Mitchell? And, I have to wonder who the new Supervisor was? :thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? I thought that she had the hots for Matt hmmmmm

^^^ Soo they focused on her relationship with Sweat, and not Matt?

Can't make it up.

Perhaps, Matt IS the brains behind everything. The alpha. And Sweat is at his service, too. He's the weaker of the two men, evil as Sweat is alone. IF Matt alone, he is extremely cunning.

Maybe Sweat was initially supposed to be the romeo, but wasn't smooth in his manipulation and got busted, so dreamboat Matt assumed the job of smooth manipulation. JMO Just trying to picture this. LOL

No news I presume?

I went out for a ride today to have a look-see, even though I am to the southeast of the prison.

First of all, it is brutally hot and humid today.
It's so bad I had to return to my air-conditioned car because I started to get shaky due to the heat.

These two must be near some sort of water source in order to survive.
Although, the nights have been a bit cooler, tonight won't cool down as much.

It's actually a really pretty area.
There's lots of forests, marshes, meadows and fields in the area nearby the prison. There is a semi large lake too.
Brambles, wild berry bushes (most edible, but not quite ripe yet), tall grasses of all kinds, all varieties of trees, especially evergreens. It's a great place to hunt for wildflowers and wild mushrooms as they are abundant in some places.
As someone else mentioned there are small cabins here and there, mainly occupied in the summertime.

I can't imagine all those that are involved in the search are making out.
Most are wearing fully geared tactical clothing; and as I said it is unusually hot and humid.
I have faith though, that they will catch them soon.
You couldn't pay me enough money to search in these conditions.

I'll check back in later for news, I need a nap after that outing. Yikes!

Thanks for the nice review of our area, it is very pretty here but the woods can be brutal this time of year with the heat/cold, mosquitoes, black flies. Some days it is so hot it is hard to breathe and then u need an electric blanket on at night.

But we love this area, unfortunately, we have more than our share of prisons although NY State has closed some.
Which means we do have a lot of high crime offenders and lower crime people in the prisons.

The sad thing is that crime pays, pays law enforcement, prison guards etc. It is the largest employer in this area.

The camps in that area are often not used until hunting time so the men could be using them and no one would ever know, unless in the search area.
Getting food would most likely be very difficult, hunters here carry their food in during hunting season.

It is a rugged, wooded, muddy, buggy area.
In fact, behind our house it is miles to the next road, all trees and animals (deer and turkeys, probably bears) back there.

The "case of nerves" seems to be the only rational thought that she has had in a while..... JMO Gee, maybe I'll be murdered, or go to prison???? Better go to the hospital, this is scary. JMO

^^^ Soo they focused on her relationship with Sweat, and not Matt?

Can't make it up.

Perhaps, Matt IS the brains behind everything. The alpha. And Sweat is at his service, too. He's the weaker of the two men, evil as Sweat is alone. IF Matt alone, he is extremely cunning.

It's quite remarkable that these two were able to escape a maximum security prison and not trying to make light of their badness/evilness, but they are brilliant strategists. Did I read that one of them has genius IQ? Complex problem solvers that LE/FBI/military could use to solve complex cases, etc. If the prison/justice system worked on rehabilitation or utilizing skills prisoners time better instead of sewing/tailoring. As dangerous as they are, it is quite impressive that they were able to escape that particular prison, not many people would be able to do that. Jmo/

ETA- USA Today article:
Escapes from maximum-security prisons, such as the upstate New York prison where two murderers escaped last week, are exceedingly rare, statistics show.

In the five-year span between 2009 and 2013, just one inmate escaped from a maximum-security prison. Nine escaped from minimum- or medium-security facilities. Authorities recaptured all 10 within a day, state officials said..."It's very rare — this happens very infrequently, which is why it's such a story," said Martin Horn, a professor of corrections at John Jay College of Criminal Justice at City University of New York. When he attempted to study breakouts recently, he recalled, "There weren't even enough incidents to study."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/06/08/prison-escape-statistics/28693731/

It's quite remarkable that these two were able to escape a maximum security prison and not trying to make light of their badness/evilness, but they are brilliant strategists. Did I read that one of them has genius IQ? Complex problem solvers that LE/FBI/military could use to solve complex cases, etc. If the prison/justice system worked on rehabilitation or utilizing skills prisoners time better instead of sewing/tailoring. As dangerous as they are, it is quite impressive that they were able to escape that particular prison, not many people would be able to do that. Jmo/

Somehow, I just don't think these two can be rehabilitated...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Guards: Chance to nix breakout missed due to state cut

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_2d77d6dc-0fa2-11e5-852d-4b0f1ef044c3.html

"INMATE FIGHT"

"Sources told the Press-Republican that a major fight involving at least 40 inmates occurred in the recreational yard a week or so ago.
Numerous canisters of teargas had to be fired into the yard to quell the fracas, they said.
Normally, after a serious incident like that, the prison goes into lockdown, where all inmates are kept in their cells and the entire prison is searched thoroughly.
But New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision officials in Albany reportedly told Clinton supervisors that they could not lock down the prison because of high overtime costs."

If one has used this paper's free 'view allowances', clear the cookies from the sight and you'll be set to go.

Somehow, I just don't think these two can be rehabilitated...

Nah, don't think they will ever make the "honor row <roll>:facepalm:" again either. Seriously, how do you torture and kill someone, and get on a honor row-roll wtfever. Then you get to go sew with Tillie :happydance::facepalm::thinking:.

g

It's really very insulting to all Canadians to assume that a pair of American fugitives could hide out forever in Canada. It's not a child's game where one if "home free" if he crosses the line. :/

You know, I didn't realize my comment came across that way but you gave me the opportunity to first of all, say that I didn't mean to imply that, I only meant that the common mindset among people who break the law here seems to be "get out of the country" and those are the two countries nearby, and Canada is the one that's only a few miles from the prison, BUT...

that being said, my husband said the other day that he thinks they will try to go into canada and then said that's a good thing, because everyone knows that the Canadian Mounted Police always get their man. And I agreed with him.

FWIW.

Nah, don't think they will ever make the "honor row <roll>:facepalm:" again either. Seriously, how do you torture and kill someone, and get on a honor row-roll wtfever. Then you get to go sew with Tillie :happydance::facepalm::thinking:.

If they were the honor roll prisoners, I hate to think of the ones that didn't make it!

You know, I didn't realize my comment came across that way but you gave me the opportunity to first of all, say that I didn't mean to imply that, I only meant that the common mindset among people who break the law here seems to be "get out of the country" and those are the two countries nearby, and Canada is the one that's only a few miles from the prison, BUT...

that being said, my husband said the other day that he thinks they will try to go into canada and then said that's a good thing, because everyone knows that the Canadian Mounted Police always get their man. And I agreed with him.

FWIW.

No worries here. I didn't take it that way and I am Canadian

These guys just don't strike me as the "sewing type"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads