NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering the same. Why are they still searching these close, but very vast, expanses of forest. I get that they really have to...because if they didn't, and they don't rule out this area...there will be hell to pay if they are still there and not caught.

I am just so concerned for all of the LEO's involved. Their mental and physical well being is being challenged, big time!! And it is just so unlikely they are still there. They had quite a bit of time to get out.

On the other hand, no reports of car jackings or missing persons - I assume? So not sure how they would have gotten far away. They could have told JM that she was needed and included in their plan...but is there a possibility they made plans with someone else?

No...and that's why this whole thing is so eerie. It's TOO quiet up there. I think the search went east initially because of reported suspicious break ins but nothing in the last few days...unless we just aren't privy to that info. It's just too quiet, IMO. Which leads me to believe they have left the area.

She's crazy.
And just when you think you've reached the bottom of her craziness, there's a crazy underground garage!

:hilarious: Wait until you find the wacky acetylene torched cardboard covered hole that takes you beneath the crazy underground garage! The crazy never ends, we're talking middle earth.

I have been wondering the same. Why are they still searching these close, but very vast, expanses of forest. I get that they really have to...because if they didn't, and they don't rule out this area...there will be hell to pay if they are still there and not caught.

I am just so concerned for all of the LEO's involved. Their mental and physical well being is being challenged, big time!! And it is just so unlikely they are still there. They had quite a bit of time to get out.

On the other hand, no reports of car jackings or missing persons - I assume? So not sure how they would have gotten far away. They could have told JM that she was needed and included in their plan...but is there a possibility they made plans with someone else?

BBM This is what I believe (I think? lol). I don't think they'd be foolish enough to put all their eggs in the Tilley basket. But I don't know! I keep going back and forth on whether Tilley ditched them or they ditched Tilley. The killing of Lyle thing really threw me for a loop.

I don't believe they are in the immediate area any longer, so that has me leaning in the "they ditched Tilley" direction.

Paging Queen Bee!

i haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about............i'll have you know this hive comes from the purest line of law abiding bees..........oh wait.........oh my.........oh goodness......we seem to be smoldering........ just a sec.........be back in a biiiiiiiiiii..................

okay now where were we.........nice evening we're having.....so prelim tomorrow morning? :D

i'll be here.........anxious to hear if there will be more charges, i doubt it at this point but i do look for there to be more before all this is over.......

goodnight my friends.......i'm pooped lol...........:offtobed:

see everyone tomorrow i hope...........can't miss tillie's big moment :D

:seeya:

Possibly O/T...but do they have bee hives at Clinton??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x4cca4a230f8ffd2b:0x6eaf92980483fb0f

I cannot figure out what all of those little white boxes are all over that field!! They are much smaller than cars, and with them being close like that, bee hives is the only thing I can come up with...

Anyone??
No, not beehives.
Here is a link to photos that I think you are seeing.

Photos and article of The Jungle

More photos

c-1022r17-9-1.jpeg

Possibly O/T...but do they have bee hives at Clinton??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x4cca4a230f8ffd2b:0x6eaf92980483fb0f

I cannot figure out what all of those little white boxes are all over that field!! They are much smaller than cars, and with them being close like that, bee hives is the only thing I can come up with...

Anyone??

Intriguing question, so I did a little research. I think that those things that look like boxes are part of what's known at the prisoner patio courts, little plots that prisoners earn the privilege of having for outdoor get-togethers. It seems to be unique to Dannemora, from what I can see.

http://www.correctionhistory.org/northcountry/dannemora/courtsindex.html

Click on Part 1, Part 2, etc. for more pictures and info.

I was totally drawn to this thread because I was born and grew up in Plattsburgh New York and lived there until I moved to Nevada at 23. My parents and one of my siblings still live there. Ive been to Dannemora many times when growing up and had friends I went to school with who had parents who worked in the prison..as guards..and one of my friends dad was a Teacher in the prison. Its not very far from Pburgh.. less than 20 miles.
I was very concerned when I heard they were searching Cadyville... as that's pretty much right outside of Plattsburgh. Very scary thing. I worry about my Mom who lives alone.

Its all very strange. When I was growing up there I was never afraid that the prison was so close. Never even crossed my mind. Thought that we were all safe with the *bad guys* locked up behind that *big wall*.
Then you grow up and you realize the worst of the worst are behind that wall and they want nothing more than to be free.
I certainly hope they catch these guys and SOON.
I think the longer they are running free the higher the danger for anyone who might cross their path. I just pray the people I care for and everyone who lives up in that area.. stay safe.. alert and aware..

I wonder if maybe they have crossed into Canada.

I see some of the people I know here too.. Hi Guys!! = )

I am not defending Tillie in any way in this post. Years ago as a Student I worked Summers and did my Practical in an Insitution. It was a world of it's own. I was grateful for the 45 minute drive home to orient back to the real world. I suspect Prison may hold the same experience for workers? So you have a cunning Psychopath and a woman vulnerable would that not be the perfect storm? No pass just looking at the dynamic of the why.

Great post Bravo -- appreciate your insight. I couldn't help but notice that Matt and Tillie may have been drawn to each other given that both of them appear to me to be ''no necks'' -- short stubby sorts....mutual admiration society going on there JMO

There is a 'reservation' within 60 miles of the prison and IF the two could have made it to that area wouldn't LE have difficulty accessing that area??

Too Funny. lol

Law enforcement squabbles reportedly hamper search for escaped killers

"The State Police are trying to make sure that they’re the ones to catch these guys, that they get all the credit," another source told the paper, "and as a result, they’re not making full use of the assets that are available to them."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/1...reportedly-hamper-search-for-escaped-killers/

The paper's sources also criticized New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's initial appearance at the searchers' command center on June 6, the day Matt and Sweat's escape from the Clinton County Correctional Facility in Dannemora was discovered. The Post reported that Cuomo refused to enter the room until it was cleared of everyone except state law enforcement. Among those ejected were a U.S. Marshal and Clinton County Sheriff David Favro.

"They did it without even saying ‘Thanks for your help,’ or such, just, ‘Get out so his highness can enter,'" the second source told the Post.

So it's about who caught the bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member