NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time understanding why she would want her husband killed if she was planning on running away with Sweat & Matt. If she was going to be taking off with the killers, just let her husband live. It's not like she would be seeing him ever again, right?

Join the club. I'm having a hard time understanding why she would do ANY of this.

Why kill Lyle? If he has info, of course. JMO.

I think she has narcissistic personality disorder.

nPD lie. I think she went to the spot and they were not there. I think she started fearing for her life.

Why not kill her hubby. He probably did a couple of things she did not like. There is only one important person in her life. Her name is Joyce or Tillie

it appears from you link that there is a direct route to Binghamton. Didn't someone mention family, girlfriend etc there?

Sweat grew up in Deposit - -near Binghamton. He was sent down to his uncle in Florida, later, when his mother couldn't handle him because of his behaviors, and then ended up in a group home in Binghamton. (Interestingly he has a sister named Tilly). He did have a girlfriend in Binghamton. He murdered that police officer in Broome County -- in Kirkwood -- just north of Binghamton.

Matt is from the Buffalo area, but served time in the Elmira correctional facility (near Binghamton). He had a girlfriend in Canada at a the time of his arrest for his current sentence.

According to this article, Matt was considered to have a high IQ in high school, but Sweat is known as the planner -- the one that studies blueprints and works out details. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

histrionic personality disorder: as defined by wiki:

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD affects four times as many women as men.[1] It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.[2]

HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders.[3] People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation.[3] They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

Additional characteristics may include:

Exhibitionist behavior
Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
A need to be the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Making rash decisions[4]
Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
Being overly dramatic and emotional[6]

Some histrionics change their seduction technique into a more maternal or paternal style as they age.[7]

ladies and gents.............meet tillie.............imo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

She must have agreed to help them escape in exchange for them killing her husband and her going away with them. Maybe she was going to claim to be kidnapped so she could eventually get any insurance money. In her mind, she would have her new love and all the assets from her marriage.

Of course, the two men would agree to anything just to get her help. There's no way they would spend precious time stopping off at her place to kill her husband. She stupidly couldn't figure that one out.

They would probably keep her around as long as she could help them. When they didn't need her anymore she would either be killed or dumped in the middle of nowhere, so that when she finally found help for herself she wouldn't be a threat to them.

Her life is now ruined because of her own stupidity. In addition to the prison time she will get, she should have to serve their time. She has caused a huge problem for her neighbors and everyone else in the country if they are not caught. And all the searching will cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars. She should have to pay for that, too. And she should be charged with plotting to kill her husband.

Tillie deserves to be punished for her part in the escape, etc..

We can see the murderers were able to con Tillie, but let's not forget they were able to con Clinton Correctional Facility staff and administration as well.

Even 51 yr old civilian employee seamstress Tillie was able to con CC Facility employees and administrators. Why is that?

It's highly, highly unusual for NYS/NY Cities to release all of this info from supposed LE/LE related sources about JM.

Let's not forget to ask, Who's running the asylum?

It is not hot at all. It has been really wet, but not hot.

Ha ha! When I said "wait out the heat" -- I meant the police search, not the weather :blushing: Here in Rochester, it's been cool and rainy.

What are they waiting for re the charges of conspiracy to commit murder?

Source claims she admitted they were gonna murder him. Charge her with conspiracy if they have evidence. IF she's confessed.

She didn't show up. She went to the hospital.

Why didn't she go forward with picking them up, heading to her home and letting them murder her husband?

Something's either seriously wrong with her, or something led her to believe they would off her instead.

Like common sense?
Clearly they are going to kill the main witness to their escape when she is no use to them.
There is clearly something wrong with her that she didn't realize that SOONER. :twocents:

histrionic personality disorder: as defined by wiki:

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD affects four times as many women as men.[1] It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.[2]

HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders.[3] People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation.[3] They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

Additional characteristics may include:

Exhibitionist behavior
Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
A need to be the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Making rash decisions[4]
Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
Being overly dramatic and emotional[6]

Some histrionics change their seduction technique into a more maternal or paternal style as they age.[7]

ladies and gents.............meet tillie.............imo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

I dunno...her co-workers described her as kinda quiet -- not dramatic or loud. The sexual promiscuity part, probably.

I'm having a hard time understanding why she would want her husband killed if she was planning on running away with Sweat & Matt. If she was going to be taking off with the killers, just let her husband live. It's not like she would be seeing him ever again, right?

my guess is insurance money so the 3 could live happily ever after..............LOL, the joke is on JM now..............I bet since she would hinder the 2 killers, after she was used, they would of killed her also.................leave behind no witness like a goofy JM

Would someone be so kind to tell me about the nickname Tilly? Is this something she goes by? Thanks in advance.

The Latest on prison escape: Manholes welded shut at prison

7:30 p.m. (EDT)

Workers are welding shut a manhole at the base of a wall on the side of the upstate New York prison where two killers escaped last week.

They also are sealing two other manholes Sunday on the street near the maximum-security prison in Dannemara, including the manhole the duo emerged from before they were discovered missing June 6.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/467b...test-prison-escape-inmate-search-expand-shift

Remember what happens downstairs, stays downstairs,,,,
**** hint, hint******
encourage ya'all to come on down ,, now!!!!!!!!!!

I'm quoting myself because I thought more about the idea of her husband being killed. I bet as part of the grooming process of Tillie, the prisoners Matt and/or Sweat acted jealous about her husband (i.e., "I can't stand the thought of your husband getting to sleep with you every night" "We'll get rid of your husband so that he won't be a threat to our happily ever after"). To some women, the display of such jealousy would show that they were really serious about her. She would be thinking that they were willing to kill for her so of course Matt and/or Sweat loved her. The killers probably had no intention of taking the time to kill her husband. I bet they would use her for her car and this dispose of her along the way somewhere. Just my opinion...

I'm a brand new member to Websleuth although I've been lurking for a little while. My sister has been a member here for a long time, though...but this manhunt has inspired me to get a membership so I can join the discussion.

Here's my take on this case:

1) I strongly believe Matt and Sweat have left the area. My first thought was they probably fled to Canada but now after this long without a sighting, they could be anywhere.

2) If they ARE still in the area, they have broken in to an abandoned cabin or home and are laying low. I'd be shocked at this though, since it would mean they squandered their head start on leaving the prison.

3) Joyce Mitchell was a dead woman walking if she had, indeed, gone with them. Dead weight and a hindrance to their movements...they would have killed her early in the escape after her usefulness was over.

4) The new revelations that she possibly wanted them to kill her husband -- shocking but not totally surprising. She seems to have some mental issues.

5) I suspect the pair of prisoners has probably split up by now, each to fend for themselves. Would be easier to stay free alone than as a tag team. I wouldn't discount the possibility that one of the prisoners killed the other in a fit of rage or frustration. Anything is possible with these two.

6) The prisoners will NEVER go back to prison. They will fight to the death.

I want these guys caught. At the same time, it has become a fascinating story I just can't get enough of. There's an element of excitement and mystery to this whole thing...not knowing where they are and the small layers of what seems to be an elaborate plot being revealed seemingly by the hour now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member