NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to comment on the camps/cabins/trailers. According to a news source a few pages ago, the land is owned by a timber company, and is probably a thousand or many more acres in size. The company rents out sections to various individuals/groups for hunting. The buildings/trailers are usually owned by the renters of the land.

Any food left over the winter would have to survive freezing temperatures so would consist of stuff like PB, and maybe dry goods in metal cans to prevent mice from eating it.

(I used to own a camp in the southern Adirondack Park on my own land.)

I missed part of this part of the interview but they said a minute ago that Palmer has worked there for 28 years.

Why would anyone be so foolish and throw all those years away? It never ceases to amaze me how gullible people are!

Oh man not more rain!!!! Not good for the dogs. Yet not good for the escapees either

I know, I noticed both things you pointed out but I was jus transcribing what I was hearing, no time to reflect while typing. But if we get the transcripts in a bit you'll her what I heard. I guess we'll find out more sooner or later.

No, GGE!! I wasn't questioning your transcription skills! I was questioning what was being reported.

Hey Keisha is on Anderson now, neat. He's asking how accessible the cabins are, if they have electricity or running water. She says it's very spartan from what she hears, it had an outhouse, a makeshift shower, doesn't sound like it has running water, it's not like it's a hotel.. there are roads but it is very deep in the woods, it sounds like they may have hiked to it, there are hiking trails out of the village of Dannemora so perhaps they followed that right up to the hunting cabin.

Is there a new sense of urgency?

I think it's really difficult to tell, I've been up here several weeks now following this and each time there's a new lead it feels like this could be it, with this one it does feel like it really makes sense how they got there, the fact there's forensic evidence, there is a little more sense of urgency, there is also about 1000 officers involved which is more than before, sounds like they're really bumping up their forces here.

A local from Owl's Head said something similiar about trails from Dannemora to Owl's Head....that there is at least one that runs directly between the two. So that would be a 22-27ish mile straight shot, on a marked trail, no bush whacking. Really, that's a day's fast walk, no problem, 2 at the most.

They must either be cabin hopping or they've been at the WP camp for awhile. I bet the approach of July 4 is going to narrow their options considerably,given holiday rentals, openings and traffic.

No, GGE!! I wasn't questioning your transcription skills! I was questioning what was being reported.

I didn't take it that way, no worries. I more just acknowledging and agreeing. This is the time of day my words become a mashup and brain goes largely on auto -pilot, so I didn't read into it or anything. :)

I missed part of this part of the interview but they said a minute ago that Palmer has worked there for 28 years.

I saw it. There were a few questions he said he didn't want to answer because of the investigation, but he did answer a question regarding how well Palmer knew Tillie. He said Palmer works on the honor block and Tillie worked with honor block inmates, so he knows her fairly well.

That's all I can remember, so I guess nothing else really stood out.

OT Sleep-a-way camp starts this week! I really hope these two are caught ASAP!

My son is NOT going to camp this year. Yay! His camp is in the Adirondacks!

Interesting that the duffle bag was sitting out on the porch, rather than inside. As if, they'd just arrived...or were getting ready to leave?

Apparently they ran off without it. So, now, no food, clothing or whatever was in there.

A duffle bag or a cloth guitar case? Hope it was left behind ...have to think LE would learn a great deal from its contents if so.

I didn't know you could communicate with others through scanners and I haven't heard of camps or cabins commonly having scanners.
H

I had the hand held scanners. It also had a weather channel.

Oh man not more rain!!!! Not good for the dogs. Yet not good for the escapees either

And not very pleasant for the boys in blue.

I wish that $150K would be distributed among these LEOs once they're caught.

O, say it ain't so:

TODAY ‏@TODAYshow 39m39 minutes ago

Tomorrow on TODAY...@MLauer's exclusive intvu w/Lyle Mitchell, speaking out for 1st time since wife Joyce charged w/aiding escaped prisoners

[video=twitter;613136719634939906]https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/613136719634939906[/video]

O, say it ain't so:

TODAY ‏@TODAYshow 39m39 minutes ago

Tomorrow on TODAY...@MLauer's exclusive intvu w/Lyle Mitchell, speaking out for 1st time since wife Joyce charged w/aiding escaped prisoners

[video=twitter;613136719634939906]https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/613136719634939906[/video]

:popcorn:

Interesting that the duffle bag was sitting out on the porch, rather than inside. As if, they'd just arrived...or were getting ready to leave?

Apparently they ran off without it. So, now, no food, clothing or whatever was in there.

Seems like a very sloppy thing to do if you're hiding from everyone on the planet.

LE wanting folks to check their game cams...you would think they wouldn't want anyone out in the woods, especially with weapons.

CNN

Gene Palmer's Attorney:

O, he accepted Several paintings from Matt

Thought it was just one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics