NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN - killers may be monitoring police communications. It is a really big concern to LE in the region. We are told investigators are worried. Cell service is horrible in the area and a lot of people have scanners to communicate with each other.. speculation they couldv'e gone into a cabin that had a scanner right in it.

(well duh it was a CO's cabin. why didn't we think of that?)

I didn't know you could communicate with others through scanners and I haven't heard of camps or cabins commonly having scanners.

Wonder what kind of lease? If the camp was leased out by the week or month it is very unlikely that extra shoes or boots or clothes would be stored there.

Wouldn't be very typical to find food in a camp between short term leases either, for that matter.

Sometimes people leave staples that they don't want to haul back out. Peanut butter could be left.

I just can't believe that these two had cooking facilities in their cells! Talk about being dangerous! And it would have been so against every OSHA Regulation. However, the more we learn, it appears this facility ran on its own rules while the state inspectors turned their heads.

Will there be a lot of house cleaning of employees or tighter rules implemented after these inmates are caught? The outside world will be told changes are being made while little is truly done. How would we ever know?

Have you read this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/n...ape-an-array-of-oversights-set-the-stage.html

If not, you'll be REALLY fired up after you do. It shocked me.

I didn't know you could communicate with others through scanners.

Yeah I wasn't understanding what they meant. I thought maybe ham operator kits or something but it didn't really make a lot of sense to me either. I was just typing what they said, or trying to.

geez louise can't a queenie feed a hive around here without you people going crazy??? i come back and there are four COUNT EM FOUR new pages so i'm all jazzed thinking there's been a knock down drag out "yer not takin' me alive copper" situation (i'm very imaginative :hilarious:)............

:waiting: nope, nothing new lol

although i did find this.......yay keshia :cheer:

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 29m29 minutes ago

Tonight I'll be on @AC360 talking about the search. I'm pretty pumped. #PrisonBreakNY[/QUOTE
KWYM -- trying my dardest to catch up!

CNN - killers may be monitoring police communications. It is a really big concern to LE in the region. We are told investigators are worried. Cell service is horrible in the area and a lot of people have scanners to communicate with each other.. speculation they couldv'e gone into a cabin that had a scanner right in it.

(well duh it was a CO's cabin. why didn't we think of that?)

Not fair! They can monitor LE's communications and I can't!

To GGE

Yes I had read that article. Thanks for pointing it out as other WS would like to read it too. It is a good read!

Anderson Cooper is on now. the breakin suggests the men are desperate and need provisions says the reporter. He's asking someone if he was concerned when he approached his own cabin and he said no and laughed and said because he's locked and loaded.

Prison is about a 50 mile windy drive, but the walk is 20-30 miles depending on how you go. Despite the Adirondacks being mountains this is not very mountainous. This town has about 500 people, and there are more than 1000 police officers in this county right now looking for these men.

More about how they may have gotten the tools. They were allegedly smuggled in frozen meat? Yeah we're hearing Tilly passed it to a colleague who passed it with some contraband inside to the prisoners who have hot plates in their cells. It appeared the colleague did not know, if he did help it was unwittingly. It looks like Matt was a mastermind manipulator, he may have been confident it was just a hunk of frozen hamburger meat.

The area where the cabin is is very dense, ver bad cell service, some cabins have radio scanners so there's the possibility they're monitoring the communications, not clear if they have tv access or anything like that but they're trying to contain these individuals...

investigators are looking to determine if anything was missing from the cabin like hunting knives or other weapons inside.

Hey Keisha is on Anderson now, neat. He's asking how accessible the cabins are, if they have electricity or running water. She says it's very spartan from what she hears, it had an outhouse, a makeshift shower, doesn't sound like it has running water, it's not like it's a hotel.. there are roads but it is very deep in the woods, it sounds like they may have hiked to it, there are hiking trails out of the village of Dannemora so perhaps they followed that right up to the hunting cabin.

Is there a new sense of urgency?

I think it's really difficult to tell, I've been up here several weeks now following this and each time there's a new lead it feels like this could be it, with this one it does feel like it really makes sense how they got there, the fact there's forensic evidence, there is a little more sense of urgency, there is also about 1000 officers involved which is more than before, sounds like they're really bumping up their forces here.

I don't think these guys will ever be taken alive!!

The order is more than likely "shoot on sight"!

We will be told "suicide by cop" or "self defense".

My opinions only before this ends.

On CNN - Erin Burnet Out Front - Reporter from the Press-Republican says his source says they're setting up a perimeter around the search area and the big push will come in the next day or two to flush them out. He was told the man who went to the cabin first saw something on the porch that looked like a duffle bag, and yelled inside to get someone to run out and said there were two people exiting the camp out of what is actually the front because the only way to approach the cabin is from the back.

This doesn't match what was reported earlier. I thought the only confirmation that both had been there was the DNA evidence, because the owner only saw one guy run off. And this is the first we've heard of a duffle bag? I'm assuming it was left behind..I wonder what was found inside. BBM-

Franklin County Acting District Attorney Glenn MacNeill said late Sunday night that a hunting camp located off of Wolf Pond Road, south of Mountain View, was broken into on Saturday. A man who came to check on the camp discovered someone inside, and that person ran off into the woods, MacNeill said.

While MacNeill wouldn't say why, he said police believe it was either Richard Matt or David Sweat, who escaped from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora on June 6.

"That's my understanding," MacNeill said. "They believe that it is (one of the two escapees), but they don't know which one. They seem to be pretty confident."

- See more at: http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/...-moves-to-Franklin-County.html?nav=5005#.dpuf

I don't think these guys will ever be taken alive!!

The order is more than likely "shoot on sight"!

We will be told "suicide by cop" or "self defense".

My opinions only before this ends.

They'll shoot them to shut them up.

right but why would he yell after spotting the dufflebag ... why would he not get the heck outta dodge, regardless of whether he was a renter/owner/CO/police/had a handgun

I suppose everyone reacts differently when startled but personally, I would back up as quietly as possible and hope whoever was in the cabin didn't hear/see me and then scoot quickly out of the woods to safety

Interesting that the duffle bag was sitting out on the porch, rather than inside. As if, they'd just arrived...or were getting ready to leave?

Apparently they ran off without it. So, now, no food, clothing or whatever was in there.

This doesn't match what was reported earlier. I thought the only confirmation that both had been there was the DNA evidence, because the owner only saw one guy run off. And this is the first we've heard of a duffle bag? I'm assuming it was left behind..I wonder what was found inside. BBM-

- See more at: http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/...-moves-to-Franklin-County.html?nav=5005#.dpuf

I know, I noticed both things you pointed out but I was jus transcribing what I was hearing, no time to reflect while typing. But if we get the transcripts in a bit you'll her what I heard. I guess we'll find out more sooner or later.

Wonder what kind of lease? If the camp was leased out by the week or month it is very unlikely that extra shoes or boots or clothes would be stored there.

Wouldn't be very typical to find food in a camp between short term leases either, for that matter.

Previous renters could have left food. The camp next door to ours is a rental (my cousin's place) and every week he has to come up and clean it out and there is always a ton of leftover food. Turkey season was in May so the cabin may have had recent renters or the COs could have been up last month to hunt.

Sorry im catching up here. Did LE confirmed they were both in the cabin?

Did the dogs find there scent?

I missed part of this part of the interview but they said a minute ago that Palmer has worked there for 28 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper