NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, like someone here joked as a possibility earlier, maybe one of the guys ate the other guy in the cabin. Probably not the case, but it would make an interesting story.

If one ate the other, they would have found a bunch of bones.
:laughing:

Tillie... As a civilian employee had THIS much say?
She made this all possible? The meat. The adjoining cells. The tools.

Seriously?

She must have baked some really good pastries.
Sounds like inmates were running the asylum in that prison.

I suspect that everyone who partook of her generosity, turned a blind eye and deaf ears to what was obviously going on. No one wanted to bust her, because they knew that eventually the spotlight would be on them. That whole place needs to be cleaned out. JMO

Heads should roll.

If one ate the other, they would have found a bunch of bones.
:laughing:

Inside the duffel bag maybe?

That could also be why the extra boots, socks, and underwear were left behind. The convict-turned-dinner didn't need them anymore.

Inside the duffel bag maybe?

That could also be why the extra boots, socks, and underwear were left behind. The convict-turned-dinner didn't need them anymore.

About that duffel bag. Has anyone ever said what happened to it? Or what was in it, if whoever was in the cabin came back when the CO went to get help after the closest thing we have to a sighting?

I'm back after a little 5-hour sleep and see that not much has happened today other than a presser. I was hoping for some breaking news.

I guess I'm not remembering a duffel bag...the first sighting was of one of them with what looked like a guitar case, as I recall. JMO

-She allegedly gives at least 1 of the convicts sex which I am pretty sure was quite the perk for them in prison. 1 or both or maybe guards too?

I'm not sure that sex with Tillie would be considered a perk

Better Than Sex cake :angel:

I bet Tilly is known as the prison hottie. You know the type lots of men like. She looks like teacher or a librarian, but she probably gave those men the freakiest 3 minutes of their days lol. :blowkiss:

Attorney: Guard didn't know he delivered escape tools in frozen meat
By JOE LoTEMPLIO Press-Republican | Posted 3 hours ago

<snipped>

Palmer said guards would often do small favors in order to get information about prison fights, Brockway said, and the delivery was part of developing that relationship.

"They have to build some trust in that culture," the attorney said.

When questioned about the meat, Palmer took and passed a polygraph, Brockway said Wednesday.

He does not believe Palmer will be charged for making the delivery since he did not know what was in it. But he could not say for sure.

"I think they will have a hard time charging him with aiding and abetting an escape," Brockway said.

District Attorney Andrew Wylie said Mitchell also told investigators that Palmer did not know what was in the frozen meat.

The Clinton Correctional guard was suspended from his job, with pay, on June 19.

The items that Mitchell carried in were not checked through a metal detector.

HONOR PRIVILEGES

Matt and Sweat could receive items like meat and baked goods on the Honor Block where they lived.

Inmates on the Honor Block, which has since been discontinued, were allowed special privileges, such as being able to keep their cell doors open during the day, participate in work programs within the prison and cook on cookstoves in their cells.

<snipped>

More at link: http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...83e-1a85-11e5-90eb-0f67165d3ecb.html?mode=jqm

Palmer said guards would often do small favors in order to get information about prison fights, Brockway said, and the delivery was part of developing that relationship.
"They have to build some trust in that culture," the attorney said.

Like LE does on the street

[video=twitter;613788907625443329]https://twitter.com/annawerner/status/613788907625443329[/video]

[video=twitter;613788907625443329]https://twitter.com/annawerner/status/613788907625443329[/video]

Wonder if it was mixed.
Well, they were "close" and roomed next to each other. And were in prison...

I guess I'm not remembering a duffel bag...the first sighting was of one of them with what looked like a guitar case, as I recall. JMO

The duffel bag was found on the front porch of the cabin when the CO that owned it went to check on it. That was the cabin where the jug of water and jar of peanut butter were also found....and the CO said he saw someone run away from the cabin through a back door (which is really a front door, given the orientation of the cabin).

So...the duffel bag was seen on the porch. Whatever happened to it?

IMO The paintings were done by MATT....is Sweat an artist, as well? JMO

That's what Erik said. Also, he said he played chess with Sweat which could be another indication that he does have the planning skills we've read about:

The inmates asked him about her. "He used to laugh," Jensen said. "He would never confirm or deny it."

Sweat wasn't "one of many words, in general," the former inmate said. "He never was a very outspoken person. The reason me and him bonded so well is because I'm an artist. He's an artist. We shared our artwork. He was very intricate with his details."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/us/new-york-prison-break/

I have a theory and I may risk insulting some Adirondack campers, but I wonder if a lot of folks who choose to live in such a remote location would be sympathetic to the escapees. The residents mind their own business, they seem to be used to people breaking into their cabins, they may have a mindset that would "root for the underdogs." They may be, or have been, in a similar situation at some time in their lives. They may not be strict, law-abiding types themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213