NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The aircraft was probably an Osprey. I live in San Diego and we see them flying at MCAS Miramar all the time. It looks like a hybrid plane/helicopter.

Reading on twitter there's some activity via the scanner, don't know how credible this is.

But Tillie had their cells moved. That was my point. She, a civilian employee/tailor, had the cells of two convicted murderers serving life terms, moved closer to each other. She wasn't a CO. She wasn't the warden. She was a tailor! Tillie the two timing tailor!

Why everyone gets worked up about the "two convicted murderer" thing is beyond me. That's who fills maximum security prisons, particularly Clinton: convicted murderers. She didn't "have their cells moved" as only movement and control can do that; she probably just put a word in for them which, again, is very common. Inmates always want to be in back cells because there is less noise and commotion. It would have happened when someone moved out--Sweat or Matt (whoever wasn't in the empty cell) would ask to be moved there and it happens routinely. The "new jack" on the block (i.e., the inmate whose name came up on the waiting list for honor block) would get the least desirable cell location.

I'm near a Lockheed if that makes it easier to decide what it may have been, though they weren't flying in that direction in my opinion. Photos of the Osprey seem to be a possible match. I wish I'd gotten a better look at it before it went behind the trees!

I have a theory and I may risk insulting some Adirondack campers, but I wonder if a lot of folks who choose to live in such a remote location would be sympathetic to the escapees. The residents mind their own business, they seem to be used to people breaking into their cabins, they may have a mindset that would "root for the underdogs." They may be, or have been, in a similar situation at some time in their lives. They may not be strict, law-abiding types themselves.

This is just too funny not to quote again. Holy Shoot!

The aircraft was probably an Osprey. I live in San Diego and we see them flying at MCAS Miramar all the time. It looks like a hybrid plane/helicopter.

Bingo! That's what I was thinking. The Osprey is manufactured by Bell Helicopter in Hurst, Tx. They take off vertically like a helicopter & once airborn the propellers shift forward to look just like a regular prop plane. When they are ready to land they convert back to helicopter mode. The Osprey is near & dear to my heart. I worked at Bell Helicopter for a few years & was the person in the accounting department billing NASA for the R & D prototype.

This is just too funny not to quote again. Holy Shoot!

YUPPER. Lots of "folk" who just love the serenity of the Adirondacks enjoy the chaos and threat of escaped max prison murderers being in their midst...... JMO

Maybe they know how many guns they have and do not want to tell the public to stop inciting mass fear.

Maybe they know how many guns they have and do not want to tell the public to stop inciting mass fear.

My guess is that most people who live up there are armed. Still fearful, but armed. JMO

If the report that someone said who thought they saw them was correct and one of them was limping then the blood in the cabin could be due to that injury. .possibly a cut foot

Blows my mind how 2 guys on foot could be so hard to catch with so much manpower looking for them.

If the report that someone said who thought they saw them was correct and one of them was limping then the blood in the cabin could be due to that injury. .possibly a cut foot

Yes. Or from a blister, or from black fly bites. We do not know how much blood, nor where it was on the sock(s). JMO

[video=twitter;613827370278100992]https://twitter.com/editorlois/status/613827370278100992[/video]

[video=twitter;613827370278100992]https://twitter.com/editorlois/status/613827370278100992[/video]

Wouldn't that be something if they die of dehydration and are not found for months

Wouldn't that be something if they die of dehydration and are not found for months
It would be good because it means they won't be able to kill anyone else. However, I'd prefer that LE catch them alive (without any deaths) because I want to hear them tell their stories. So in that sense it would be a shame for them to die before we were able to hear from them.

Wouldn't it be something if they were still waiting on Tillie to come through. They all knew about the cabin and the plan, Tillie didn't show up that night to drive them, but Sweat/Matt still think she's coming for them?

I definitely think there is a lot LE isn't releasing but who knows if it's good or bad (they have lots of guns and no idea where they are, or maybe they're cornered and LE are tactfully taking their time hoping to get them alive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState