NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the escapee armed? Just wondering why he was shot and killed instead of apprehended, arrested and taken back to jail?

the people in that town are never going to forget this

WBEN NewsRadio 930AM
1m1 minute ago
WBEN NewsRadio 930AM ‏@NewsRadio930
Law enforcement sources tell @Brendan_LyonsTU police are "engaged" with David Sweat. Several reports say Richard Matt killed. #PrisonBreakNY

The Associated Press ‏@AP 17s18 seconds ago

BREAKING: Official: Escaped murderer Richard Matt is fatally shot by police, David Sweat still on run.

TY lots Cold I know the rules , just too hyper to try and figure out which scanner I need!!!

PUlse racing

know not to post upstairs, but , do you have the exact link for the actual scanner, i have no idea which scanner will be the one that is like on the scene

there are 1100 of em so which scanner is THE one ? TIA

Was the escapee armed? Just wondering why he was shot and killed instead of apprehended, arrested and taken back to jail?

Sources were reporting he was shot and seriously injured. Then they posted saying he had died. CNN is now reporting he died finally. I saw someone on Twitter post that this all happened in his dad's backyard!

I want Sweat alive!! He needs to suffer

Not sure where I read it (here or twitter) but it was said a camper was shot by one of the two while they were trying to steal his vehicle. So, if this is true, yes they are/were armed.

know not to post upstairs, but , do you have the exact link for the actual scanner, i have no idea which scanner will be the one that is like on the scene

there are 1100 of em so which scanner is THE one ? TIA

There is no scanner traffic on this. Complete radio silence!

It will be interesting to hear of all the details as we learn.

I do wonder if the protocol allowed them to shoot on sight if they wanted since the 2 were already proven to be a danger to others since they were breaking into cabins.

I hope the other one decides to give up. The thing is though. How can he give up without being killed if he has no phone. He is in a bad way right now.
There would be no safe way to give up.

I was really hoping he would have been taken alive so we could have gotten some answers out of him.
Where was he shot? In the wilderness? How far was he from the previous confirmed dna?

I do not understand. As a person who lives by woods, but not in NY, going through woods is just about impossible. Uneven terrain. Insects. Branches that hit you in the face and head. And getting lost. Even if you know what direction you are going, so what! Where does it lead?

Are there marked trails they are following somehow? I do not see how anyone can walk through the woods at night.

And if they get to Canada, so what! Do they have friends there, money, what? It's not like Canadians like escaped killers. And they have American accents which will make them stand out.

I looked at the map, and going from Owl's head to Belmont, there's both stream beds and also power lines. I think a number of people have theorized that they followed the power lines from the prison area to Owl's Head. That keeps them off roads, and away from houses, and yet gives them an easier terrain to walk on. They just need to listen out for helicopters, and duck into the woods if they hear one coming. There's power lines that go right to Drain Pond, in the Bellmont area, and then they seem to disappear. But they could have followed Ingraham Stream into Bellmont -- it is pretty clear along the banks (probably because of Spring flooding).

Bellmont seemed to be a little side trip. From Owl's Head there are also powerlines leading directly to Malone. Also a river. They could maintain tree cover until they got to the Malone area. Then things would get a bit tricky, because the terrain opens up. More houses, open fields, etc. I'm not sure if they're really headed to Canada, or just following the power lines to wherever they go. Maybe a little bit of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive