NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This here tells it slightlyh differently and makes a little more sense IMO:

"the shooting of the camper led officers to a cabin off Fayette Road in Malone which had reportedly been broken into on Wednesday, Mr. D’Amico said. He said a screen had been cut and a window was broken into. He said on Wednesday, police recovered evidence from that break-in that indicated Matt had been at the scene.

When officers revisited the cabin following the shooting report, they discovered the smell of gunpowder and that someone had fled out the back door, Mr. D’Amico said. While searching the property, officers heard coughs and detected movement, and tactical teams came upon Matt in the woods. "

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...ins-on-the-loose-video-20150626&template=mwdt

Ok, now I'm more confused. So, where was Matt on Wednesday, during the time the owner discovered the break-in, and police came to investigate. Hiding out in the nearby woods? Why would he come back to THAT cabin, after his presence there had been discovered?

ETA: ok, nevermind -- from this link, it's apparent that they didn't go back to the SAME cabin, but one nearby.
http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...en-6352693.php

I don't think I'm ever going to catch up!

Poor Abigail.. gonna be reading forward from that point and realize how confused we all were/are about the cabin situation. I Wouldn't want to re-live the confusion. LOL.

" It's up to escaped convict David Sweat if his 22-day taste of freedom ends with a return trip to prison — or a one-way ticket to the morgue.

Either way, a Franklin County sheriff said the 1,200 law enforcement agents chasing Sweat were getting closer Saturday to putting the convicted killer in cuffs.

“I think we’ll get a break in the case in 24, 48 hours,” predicted Franklin County Sheriff Kevin Mulverhill. “I’m confident we’re going to catch Sweat.”

Mulverhill, speaking one day after fellow fugitive felon Richard Matt was gunned down by authorities, said Sweat would ultimately determine if he departs the same way.

“That will be his choice,” said Mulverhill. “The same as it was with Matt. If he’s willing to surrender to law enforcement, then we’ll place him in handcuffs and we’ll bring him into custody."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/david-sweat-choose-lives-dies-sheriff-article-1.2273671

Poor Abigail.. gonna be reading forward from that point and realize how confused we all were/are about the cabin situation. I Wouldn't want to re-live the confusion. LOL.

I'm sure you guys have got it all sorted out by now...I was gone all day...so will go back to page 10 (sigh) and try to just read through without asking questions

I'm sure you guys have got it all sorted out by now...I was gone all day...so will go back to page 10 (sigh) and try to just read through without asking questions

heck no! ask away! I only say that because you normally seem to read through and catch up sequentially the same as I do, and comment along the way, same as i do, and we never did figure it out for certain 100% I don't think.

Did we? LOL I don't even know, I spent so long trying to work it out earlier that I ended up way more confused than when I started.

:)

I'm pretty sure they stayed together until yesterday unless they split up earlier, and if Sweat isn't alive then he's almost certainly dead. :thinking:

Just kidding. Sort of.. because honestly I haven't decided yet about any of it. If it wasn't for the police seeming so certain that they have him there, I guess I'd say I think they split up at the first cabin and Matt went left down the power lines to Malone and Sweat went right down them to the less populated areas where he'd pass very little until seasonal lakeside cabins further away than Malone was for Matt. JMO I think he could be in a cabin that-a-way.

In fact I think that could be WHY LE is "acting" so sure he's up where they're visibly searching in Malone. Maybe they're trying to fool him into thinking they don't know he's really gone the other way... but who knows.

:happydance: Thanks for injecting some humor into an otherwise pretty tense subject!

CNN anchor - "how can they come out and say they have guy number two surrounded when they've already said they have no evidence guy number two was even WITH guy number one?"

Best newsquote I've read today:thinking:

I may have misunderstood...but I believe Fox News is going to have Dog the Bounty Hunter, who is now close to the search area, on after this commercial break. Either now or on Justice with Judge Janine at 9 pm.

What I don't understand is about the gun found with Matt when he was shot and killed. It has been reported that it is a 20-guage shotgun. IIRC they also said that they could smell the gunpowder inside the cabin nearby. Also that he / they shot at and hit a man's trailer up on the road. The cabin is not up near the road I don't believe. A 20-guage shotgun has a range of about 30 yards...40 at best. You can't be in the woods and shoot a 20-guage through the trees and hit a target with any impact. Something does not add up to me.

JMO's

http://codegreenguns.com/2011/10/the-maximum-effective-range-for-a-shotgun/

if they would have taken Matt alive, he definitely would have given up Sweat, plus
all the other juicy stuff.

Well, darn...the telephone connection to Dog got lost before the interview could begin.

Still wondering if Matt shot Sweat a while ago. Sweat could be dead from a gunshot or died of dehydration. JMO

I wonder if the Med Examiner has inspected Matt's stomach contents yet

When someone is standing on a ledge, LE brings in a loved one to reason with them to coax them away from it.

Maybe they should bring in Tillie and have her bring some of her scrumptious donuts with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper