NY NY - Steven Damman, 2, East Meadow, 31 Oct 1955

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it turns out that John Barnes is Steven Damman, then I hope the authorities take a close look at a DNA comparison between the Barnes family and the Boy in the Box--just to rule out any possible connection.

WOW - great thinking. That could be something - wow, I wish I had thought of it. Their child died, they abandoned him and then replaced him.

WOW - great thinking. That could be something - wow, I wish I had thought of it. Their child died, they abandoned him and then replaced him.

The resemblance between Steven and the Boy in the Box is a bit striking, so replacing him with Steven would have possibly worked.

So sorry this turned out a bust. I feel bad for Mr Dammon, who must have been so elated to think of closure, and even for John - I hope he either figures out his mystery, or he gets help.

mmmm I was hoping for a Hollywood ending. How sad for the father Jerry Damman (of missing child) for all those emotions to be dug up again and relived. That's sad, just terrible.

I hope John finds his answers to whatever he's seeking. Sometimes we have to look within ourselves for the love & acceptance maybe he never felt he got from his family :( sad all around for all involved.

His father said it was "just a bunch of foolishness"...Dang...get called out by your Dad like that...in national media.

On a serious note~ My heart aches for that family. Especially Jerry Damman who IIRC is 78 yrs old and has probably hoped and prayed and has never forgotten that baby boy that is lost to him. :(

Hmmmm... what about the DNA test that he said him and the Damman sister took, in private? Is the man lying about those results and them showing they were probably kin? I saw the Damman sister on ABC news this morning and she seemed very VERY guarded in her answers and had her lawyer with her.

Hmmmm... what about the DNA test that he said him and the Damman sister took, in private? Is the man lying about those results and them showing they were probably kin? I saw the Damman sister on ABC news this morning and she seemed very VERY guarded in her answers and had her lawyer with her.

Perhaps he faked them and sent in his biological sisters dna as opposed to the female Damman sibling. A thought.........

:shakehead: bummer that it's not him. I wish both families well after going through this.

Bummer. They made it sound like it would be weeks for the DNA results I was surprised they came in today. I feel bad for the Damman family having their hopes stirred up again, but it is good we have the technology to know for sure.

I am pretty certain that Steven Damman was ruled out as being the boy in the box. I can't recall where I read that but I am pretty sure I did . I will hunt around and try to find it.

nevermind - guilty of posting before reading all the comments.....I hate it when people do that....

thx Cubby - that is probably where I read that.

Hopefully, the FBI also took DNA from the Barnes family to compare...maybe that would solve a lot of issues and bring all of them some comfort of some kind.

Already ruled out, info is posted under the thread for Steven in the cold case forum.

hth

Yes, I know (as in my earlier post about this) - just saying that if they switched boys - Steven for the Boy killed and put in a box - that Steven would have been a good match. (I was responding to the quote that was in my original post).

I'm not usually a total idiot - just partial. ;)

"Home DNA Kit"... likely a false result.

I mean, if those worked, who would need Maury Povich?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back