NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm: Ok, now I am sheepish... what is "IOW"?

The BF/F's name could have been picked up from the wedding announcement? But it is interesting that the glasses are updated as "found broken in his car" after it was speculated / suggested on this thread. Who found the broken glasses?????? I will add the CP update was on April 15, the same date the reward roll out was to be posted, somewhere..........

Maybe this is why there was no information from the BF/F after her disappearance. Was that the rumor in 1975? One of many?

IOW = "in other words"

Re BF/F's name and the engagement announcement: sure ... but the incentive to publicize the name? Mind you, it doesn't say he did anything, but I would still think the tendency would be to not make trouble for anyone not ID'd as a suspect. Dunno. Seems agressive to me. JMO.

Do you know specifically that 4/15 was the date of the update? Or was that the day someone on the thread noticed it and we all talked about it? I've been meaning to look back in thread 1 for that, so thanks :)

IOW = "in other words"

Re BF/F's name and the engagement announcement: sure ... but the incentive to publicize the name? Mind you, it doesn't say he did anything, but I would still think the tendency would be to not make trouble for anyone not ID'd as a suspect. Dunno. Seems agressive to me. JMO.

Do you know specifically that 4/15 was the date of the update? Or was that the day someone on the thread noticed it and we all talked about it? I've been meaning to look back in thread 1 for that, so thanks :)

Here's a link: SL is listed as updated on 4/15. http://www.charleyproject.org/updates/04-13.html

Yes, in the week (tax week!) of 4/15 ASW post - I will look too...

bbm: Yes, I think it is aggressive, too, considering there is no verifiable source and the published name is not a POI.

By the end of this week, there will be a $25,000 reward for anyone providing information that leads to an arrest and conviction in this case or for information leading to the whereabouts of Sylvia dead or alive.
The roll out will commence on 4/12/2013.

Posted on 4/10.

Here's a link: SL is listed as updated on 4/15. http://www.charleyproject.org/updates/04-13.html

Yes, in the week (tax week!) of 4/15 ASW post - I will look too...

bbm: Yes, I think it is aggressive, too, considering there is no verifiable source and the published name is not a POI.

Oh, gosh -- missed that. Thanks, Rose! And duh to me: I see it's also posted at the bottom of SL's CP page. :facepalm:

It looks like Truman made us aware of the update on 4/17. (Turns out it was thread 2.)

And ASWDH acknowledged he hadn't known about it the next day.

Whle I was searching, I noticed something I had previously overlooked about the reward. ASWDH said on 4/18, re the reward, that he was waiting on a call from the SI DA. Perhaps the reward was to be publicized by LE, or perhaps offered to particular individuals by them?

I noticed as I was scrolling back through the posts that we have been discussing the glasses on this thread, a lot!

I can't help but think - what good is the reward if it is not published, casting a wider net? But good point GBMG - not sure how LE works but maybe there is a targeted circle of known people in this case who would be informed first?

ASWDH: Do you recall if there was any communication between The BF/F's parents and Sylvia's parents in the days following her disappearance?

We are finalizing the content - we have a special guest -

The Deerhunter Rrrrriiiissss!!!!!!

PLease offer support as we prep.

Thanks so much!

The Gajonk
a

We are finalizing the content - we have a special guest -

The Deerhunter Rrrrriiiissss!!!!!!

PLease offer support as we prep.

Thanks so much!

The Gajonka

Good luck! Is it tomorrow night? Or some Sunday in the future?

Good luck! Is it tomorrow night? Or some Sunday in the future?

WE are hoping for tomorrow night. Given the Seacat Case and the Zimmerman case - we'll be in back - and we are expecting only a few minutes - but Deerhunter is captivating - and it will be emotional, that is for certain.

WE are hoping for tomorrow night. Given the Seacat Case and the Zimmerman case - we'll be in back - and we are expecting only a few minutes - but Deerhunter is captivating - and it will be emotional, that is for certain.

I'll be listening. Wish you both all the best!

ASWDH: Do you recall if there was any communication between The BF/F's parents and Sylvia's parents in the days following her disappearance?

>>>>>
Great question, RoseMadderLake -

Submitted for processing...

Interested in learning what, if anything, the BF's parents had to say about it....

O/T
She owns a high end Italian place
She wants normal food!!
Doing burgers with a great cheese and nice mustards
A baked potato casserole
Spinach salad with raspberries and blueberries in a light dressing
Home made coleslaw

I made pate this week so will serve that with a baguette and brie for appetizer

LOTS of wine

Lemon merigue cheesecake pie

Nervous nellie here

Jamaking me hungry! I've been juicing. I'm drooling at the pate! Made some liver-n-onions this week and I thought they were great. I eat one meal and juice the other two. Lost about 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Whoo hoo! I'm shopping the back of the closet.

When was the information about the termination given to SL's parents? Don't believe her parents would have been aware of that previously.

When was the information about the termination provided to NYPD?

NYPD's job to decide whether that event was relevant or not to SL's disappearance...did NYPD have that possibly pertinent piece of information in 1975?

Ans: IMO, No.

And if not, why not?

That information may have gotten NYPD's attention.

That would be a BIG NO!

There is a whole four year period (the silent period) of friends, mutual friends of SL & BF/F.

MMQC accompanied SL for the abortion in '73 but may not be the only one who knew?

We were really good at keeping our mouths shut. Me, now? Not so much.

MMQC: Any idea how Sylvia's parents would have reacted to her having an abortion in the 70's? Hypothetically, if the BF/F found out, and it broke up their relationship, their engagement, how would her parents react to that news? Was it something that concerned Sylvia if they found out?

probably very saddened about termination.
Engagement? Well, I would tend to think that they would have supported her decision.

Thank you so much, MMQC -- for some reason, even though I knew you got the call in 2010, I just assumed it went nowhere. What you just shared is extremely helpful. I had no concept that LE might know that much at this point in time. Re the part BBM: What do you mean here? The abortion/Navy BF? The story of the BF/F's behavior with his mother? You convos with the BF/F after the disappearance? Something else?

No, about my deductions and the conversation about the RING! And my assumptions about what I thought happened! Sticking my foot into my mouth with the guy that night. Admitting what I thought happened to SL ....basically a stranger. Well, I'm still walking and talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18