NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sam spade - I don't think it is a possible match for the reasons Jmoose mentioned- also I don't think the UID looks like a match to Sylvia, however, I see fingerprints are the common denominator. You could submit the UID for a FP comparison to Sylvia's NamUs case manager- because you just never know...

Her brother said he would search La Tourette meaning thinks she is buried there? The golf course itself is maintained all the time so what are the chances a body might have been discovered? (imo) But there are woods all around.

Was La Tourette a known hang out spot among SI kids? Was it fenced in in the 70’s? -Easy road access? It was the kids who grew up in my hometown who knew about and visited the golf course.

I think it could be a reference to a known accessible spot that might not have been monitored by LE, like the public places, parklands with closing hours after dark?

It also suggests someone would know that terrain well to hide a body there. –all imo.

ETA: Don't know if there is a more specific reason to suggest a search of La Tourette, only that it came from someone close who's had much time to perhaps search himself, and to think about where and why...

Rose-What are you saying here?

Oh-just referring to Sylvia's brother, and saying no particular reason for searching the golf course, except that it is there, and that it's big

Hi Jmoose :seeya:

I tend to think La Tourette may be significant which is why it was mentioned - the one place to search that was mentioned by Sylvia's brother - could be insider knowledge, maybe a known place visited, search there because the water areas are too ominous to take on, like searching the rumored burial grounds of the wetlands of NJ.

Staten Island has legends and its own myths. Could it be there are ghost stories of the past that mark a place as foreboding or dangerous? Known territory of the past? Was it a cut through route between Sylvia's house and the Mall?

After Sylvia went missing I would imagine every place her family went on their home turf, their island, would be a mix of searching hope, and the emptiness of wondering. La Tourette is a big swath of woodlands near home. I would search there, too.

Rose

I still think there is "insider" info, to which we aren't a party. I'm hoping that MMQC and ASWDeerhunter are continuing to work with police on this. Neither one has checked in here in more than a year-it's been nearly 2 years for MMQC

No news. Nothing. So sad.

Yeah, it's so sad that nobody started making any noise about this until it was far too late to discover anything. I don't think there will ever be anything new here-I hope her brother has come to terms with that.

I don't have anything to add but I've just finished reading all four threads on Sylvia, and I wanted you all to know that there's now one more person interested in finding out what happened to Sylvia.

Yeah, it's so sad that nobody started making any noise about this until it was far too late to discover anything. I don't think there will ever be anything new here-I hope her brother has come to terms with that.

BBM: Yes, and it is a heart sinking feeling - Because it has been so long I think she may have been lost to the sea, or if her remains were discovered she is an unidentified person somewhere.

We gave it our all a few years back... There was such hope. I feel very sad for Sylvia's loved ones and like you said Jmoose, hope they can come to terms with it.

Still - there will always be hope - but it is going to take a miracle.

BBM: Yes, and it is a heart sinking feeling - Because it has been so long I think she may have been lost to the sea, or if her remains were discovered she is an unidentified person somewhere.

We gave it our all a few years back... There was such hope. I feel very sad for Sylvia's loved ones and like you said Jmoose, hope they can come to terms with it.

Still - there will always be hope - but it is going to take a miracle.

We sure did put a lot of effort into this one-A miracle is needed, for certain. Like you, Rosemadderlake, I believe that her remains have been lost; how I wish that her parents could or would have made a bigger effort to find out what happened. And I do think that her fiance holds information that would help, even if he is not directly responsible for her death.

We sure did put a lot of effort into this one-A miracle is needed, for certain. Like you, Rosemadderlake, I believe that her remains have been lost; how I wish that her parents could or would have made a bigger effort to find out what happened. And I do think that her fiance holds information that would help, even if he is not directly responsible for her death.

I agree Jmoose, but also think that ALL parties hold more information than we know...

jmo...

... We are still with you, we love you, we pray with you... and yes, we need a miracle for Sylvia!

I should have elaborated as you did, Rose-but focused on the fiance because Sylvia's parents are gone, and her fiance appears to be the last person to see her

I should have elaborated as you did, Rose-but focused on the fiance because Sylvia's parents are gone, and her fiance appears to be the last person to see her

Bbm: Oh I agree, Jmoose - it is a forgone conclusion that the BF/F would be at the top of the list of potential suspects as the last one who allegedly saw her before she disappeared. Yes, there is her best childhood friend who has provided much information, but respectfully where is the rest of the back up? Sylvia was known by many, not a few. Where are Sylvia’s friends from high school and college, sorority and wedding party people? There is only silence… That makes me wonder…

The thing that strikes me about this case is the lack of blame and back up, and even though her parents have passed there is the distinct lack of pursuit of the BF/F back then. No current back up by those who may have felt the BF/F was guilty (then or now) leads me to believe something else may have happened to her. --Something spontaneous? Sure, she was beautiful and probably (no doubt) naive. --Something planned, runaway? After a few years to think about it I don’t think so but definitely not counting it out. --Suicide? Not likely, but possible.

I can’t help but think her demise was known, a known assailant, an accident witnessed and never reported, an affair, severe depression, problems not stated in her personal life.

It could be what is missing in the info is the biggest clue as to her missing whereabouts…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee