GUILTY NY - Tessa Majors, 18, Barnard College student, fatally stabbed, Manhattan, 11 Dec 2019 *13yo arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RNI6THPVORGKJP34W5QIXQMUY4.jpg

[He looks so young---like a baby still]
Teen suspect arrested and charged as stabber in Tessa Majors slaying, with officials citing DNA, blood and video evidence in murder of Barnard College student

Teen suspect arrested and charged as stabber in Tessa Majors slaying, with officials citing DNA, blood and video evidence in murder of Barnard College student

Rashaun Weaver, only 14 years old, was charged as an adult with robbery and murder Saturday in the fatal stabbing of the vibrant 18-year-old student after his DNA was discovered beneath the victim’s fingernails, authorities said.

Following two month investigation, 14-year-old suspect charged in death of Tessa Majors

Following two month investigation, 14-year-old suspect charged in death of Tessa Majors

A 14-year-old suspect was arrested in relation to the death of Barnard first-year Tessa Majors last night at 10:30 p.m., according to a press briefing by the New York Police Department and Manhattan District Attorney’s Office following an indictment by a grand jury. Authorities say they are confident he was the one who stabbed and killed Majors

According to the criminal complaint, a separate robbery in Morningside Park happened a few days before Majors’ death, during which the suspect and two others robbed an iPhone from someone identified as “Informant #1.” The phone was later used to log into the suspect’s iCloud account. The complaint details that Majors’ robbery was also over a phone and at knifepoint.

Informant #1 later identified the 14-year-old suspect on video from his jacket, according to the complaint. The same jacket worn by the suspect the night of the robbery was also worn by one of the youths struggling with Majors, which was caught on video. The suspect’s DNA was also found under Majors’ fingernails, the complaint said.

A third teen allegedly involved in the stabbing death of Barnard College student Tessa Majors turned himself in to authorities in New York on Wednesday morning, according to a law enforcement official.

He and another 14-year-old boy appeared in court where the teens pleaded not guilty. One is charged with two counts of second-degree murder, three counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of second-degree robbery. The other is charged with second-degree murder, two counts of first-degree robbery and one count of second-degree robbery.

Here's a good article about Tessa, the area, the college, and other interesting info. Nothing new case- or crime-wise, but informative for me, so I'm sharing:

crime Mar. 16, 2020
The Stabbing in Morningside Park

Every generation, a crime tells a new story about New York. The murder of Tessa Majors is ours.
By Lisa Miller
At the 26th precinct, the baby-faced boy had to empty his pockets and hand over his backpack. He was holding $6 in cash. In the backpack, he had a small collection of school notebooks, all blank —“You don’t take notes, man?” Officer Randys Ramos-Luna asked him — and a sheathed knife with a blue handle that he said he was holding for a friend. The boy had been brought in for trespassing, but Ramos-Luna upgraded the charge to possession of a weapon. He called the boy’s uncle to come to the station, and Roosevelt Davis said he would be there when he got off work.
At the Two-Six, on December 12, the boy and his uncle sat on one side of the table, the boy hunched against a wall at the far end with his winter coat on. Acevedo and his partner, Detective Christopher French, sat on the other.
[...]
At the Two-Six, on December 12, the boy and his uncle sat on one side of the table, the boy hunched against a wall at the far end with his winter coat on. Acevedo and his partner, Detective Christopher French, sat on the other.
[...]
The detective asked the boy if his uncle — a diabetic who, in the videotape, called himself “a very sick man” and had looked after the boy since 2016, when the boy’s mother died — had taught him right from wrong. The boy answered yes. He was in the park with his friends, he said.
[...]
After being stabbed, Tess — bleeding profusely into her lungs — climbed up these steps, arriving finally at the hushed, tree-lined corner of Morningside Drive and 116th, diagonally across the intersection from the Italianate mansion where Columbia president Lee Bollinger lives. That’s where she fell, less than half a mile from the dorm complex she shared with 600 other first-year students.

Much more here. It's a good read -- about the area and its ups & downs, about Barnard and thencollege life there, life around the college, etc.

Here's a good article about Tessa, the area, the college, and other interesting info. Nothing new case- or crime-wise, but informative for me, so I'm sharing:

Much more here. It's a good read -- about the area and its ups & downs, about Barnard and thencollege life there, life around the college, etc.

^^ Interesting article, long but interesting.

One thing that caught my attention is the size of the 14 year old suspect. He is flanked by two officers in the photo. He is a big teenager, tall and well built.

Tessa Majors was a petite young woman. She didn't stand a chance.

I noticed the same thing -- in my mind, this kid was about 4 feet tall, slight build, and hanging with big guys, but I was wrong. And Tessa, apparently taking a short cut from one side of the park to the other, to get to her dorm -- but it was dark or getting dark and she was by herself, and she probably wasn't dawdling around -- she just wanted to get back to her room and study, etc., but she never made it.

Those young guys were looking for someone just like her to walk by that night -- someone to rob -- but -- they also had at least one weapon -- just the right thing, a quiet weapon.
I would think, from what the article said, the pathway she took was something that students knew about and used -- just what she was doing that evening.
I did the same thing when I was in college, but it was here in NC. I walked, often by myself, took shortcuts when I could, all over a fairly big campus, which stretched over about 10 city blocks near downtown. The student body was about 12,000 undergrads in dorms or private apartments, and several thousand grad students who lived off-campus or in married grad student housing. It was surrounded by a very fine neighborhood and other areas offering rental housing/apartments and older housing or apts that offered cheap to inexpensive housing for students. A mix somewhat similar to where she was, I gather, but it was not in NYC, and it wasn't near a neighborhood mix of Harlem and nice, refurbished housing.
I never was afraid, and there were no incidents in the four years I was there -- but that was several decades ago.
Bless her little heart. Smart enough to get admitted to Barnard. And in wonderful New York -- one of the most amazing places in the world. Everything is there. She, with her own ideas of what she wanted to study and to do in her life, excited, bright-eyed, and raring to go. Now just simply gone.

Last edited:
Tessa Majors case: Teen pleads guilty to brazen mugging attempt

A 14-year-old pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery Wednesday in a brazen daylight mugging attempt in a New York City park that left a promising Barnard College student dead.

Another article on the guilty plea. Thank goodness, Hopefully, he will be able to testify against the other two.

That's all folks - six months in juvenile detention.

Tessa Majors suspect, 14, sentenced to 6 months in juvenile detention | Daily Mail Online

"The youngest defendant in the Tessa Majors murder case was sentenced to six months in juvenile detention Monday.

The teenager - who DailyMail.com is not naming because he was a minor when the attack happened and because he was charged as a child - was 13 when he handed over the knife that two older boys allegedly used to kill Majors.

Majors, a freshman at Barnard College on the Upper West Side, was stabbed multiple times in the attack in December in Morningside Park.

Rashaun Weaver is accused of fatally stabbing her and Luchiano Lewis is accused of holding her back while he did it."

Imagine killing someone and only having to plead to robbery. Like, "I was just after your property... sorry you died". Tessa's murder has still not been paid for.
ITA. I haven’t felt this disgusted since Brock Turner- and this is even worse. No words. I can’t begin to imagine how her parents must feel. I’d be so enraged.

Teen accused of Tessa Majors' murder allegedly confessed to dad on recorded line

Teen accused of Tessa Majors' murder allegedly confessed to dad on recorded line - CNN
The teen’s attorney spouting off. From the link:

An attorney for Weaver called leaks of alleged evidence in the case "repulsive."
"The effort to demonize a 14-year-old boy already facing life in prison by the leaking of alleged evidence of an alleged confession is repulsive," Jeffrey Lichtman said in a statement to CNN. "But then again trying a 5'6" 120 pound 14-year-old boy as an adult is equally repulsive in a civilized society so today's news isn't a surprise
."

I think the little f-er made himself repulsive & demonized all on his own. Moo

He held Tessa in a headlock, handed the knife to the other teen & told his dad from the jail phone that he saw feathers float out of her coat with each stab. RIP Tessa. Justice is on her way.

Every time I am near that park and those steps, I think of Tessa. There should be no leaks of the conversation but it would come out in court that he told his father what happened. Here's to the idea that he will plead guilty rather than forcing her family and friends to a trial. Justice will come for Tessa no doubt.

That's all folks - six months in juvenile detention.

Tessa Majors suspect, 14, sentenced to 6 months in juvenile detention | Daily Mail Online

"The youngest defendant in the Tessa Majors murder case was sentenced to six months in juvenile detention Monday.

The teenager - who DailyMail.com is not naming because he was a minor when the attack happened and because he was charged as a child - was 13 when he handed over the knife that two older boys allegedly used to kill Majors.

Majors, a freshman at Barnard College on the Upper West Side, was stabbed multiple times in the attack in December in Morningside Park.

Rashaun Weaver is accused of fatally stabbing her and Luchiano Lewis is accused of holding her back while he did it."

One unfortunate and sad thing i have learned from following murder cases for many years, is the level of injustice- such as in this case. It happens so often you begin to realize that our justice system is a mess and often there really is no justice for the victims and their family. I so often see plea agreements that are ridiculous--- I see women cry and whine and plead "self defense" and get little time for the same crime a man commits and gets life in prison. I could go on. I can understand why this family would be enraged in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back