DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Thomas was last seen near Proctor's Theater, on State Street in Schenectady, NY. Thomas was also known as Tommy Seeley.

Missing From: SCHENECTADY, New York
Date Missing: 08/09/1971

THOMAS ALLEN MEUSE
DOB: 11/29/1956
Sex: Male
HGT: 5'04"
WGT: 110 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

getImage

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/#/missing-child/710

There is quite a lot more information in a newspaper article from 2013 at http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Hope-springs-eternal-for-teen-missing-since-1971-4912088.php . It includes comments from aunts and his father, and more information on his home life with his mother. It seems the 'Tommy Seeley' aka was based on the name of the man his mother lived with and I would doubt that he used it.

There is also a family tree on Ancestry for those with access. The mother is Shirley Regina Mac Isaac and a search on either her or Thomas Meuse will find the tree. If the tree is correct Shirley actually married Earl Seeley (the man Tommy's father say she was 'living with') in 1960 so perhaps Tommy did see him as a father figure. However, Shirley's US Social Security Death Record is as Shirley Meuse - so who knows what is correct? Shirley died in 2012 and Earl Seeley died in 1997. I suspect from the username on Ancestry that the owner of the tree is Tommy,s aunt or her family, Virginia Stoddard, who is quoted in the newspaper article.

Thomas Allen Meuse
  • thomas_allen_meuse_1.jpg
  • thomas_allen_meuse_2.jpg
  • thomas_allen_meuse_3.jpg
Thomas, circa 1971; Age-progression to age 56 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since08/09/1971
  • Missing FromSchenectady, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth11/19/1956 (62)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Thomas has a dog bite scar on his left eyebrow. His nickname is Tommy and he may use the name Tommy M. Seeley.
Details of Disappearance
Thomas was last seen in Schenectaday, New York on August 9, 1971. He left his grandmother's home on Swan Street, carrying three or four dollars in cash; he was going to walk downtown to buy her a present. He was last seen near Proctor's Theater. He never returned home and has never been heard from again.

Thomas's mother has died, but his father, sisters and two aunts are alive. His family believes he may have run away from home and is still alive somewhere. His aunt and uncle still live in the same house in Schenectady and have kept the same phone number, and hope he'll get in touch with them.

Where did Earl and Shirley live? The article says they lived in a crampled trailer, but where? Probably Selkirk, because Tommy is referred as a Selkirk boy.
Selkirk is located at 33 Km from Schenectady, so the possibility of Earl being involved is there, but I don't consider it as likely. Tommy went downtown to buy a present, unless that was a plan, I don't think Earl knew where the boy was going to be.
I have no idea about how Schenectady was in 1971. Were there dangerous neighbourhoods? May Tommy have met a rough crowd?
There's something curious about the stepfather surname, I have found Seeley only connected to Tommy, but Ancestry says it was Sealy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back