GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday morning, police swarmed the home of the couple on Bittersweet Lane in Center Moriches, carrying out evidence as neighbors stood by aghast. Many had contributed to a *** campaign the father set up for funeral expenses, and they fear those contributions will now go to the couple’s legal defense.

On Friday afternoon, Suffolk County Department of Social Services Commissioner Frances Pierre released the following statement regarding the family’s history with the agency:

“The Department of Social Services is heartbroken by the passing of Thomas Valva. Department personnel are continuing to provide all available information on this matter to law enforcement and will continue to cooperate fully throughout the investigation. Suffolk County Child Protective Services has had involvement with the Valva/Pollina family. Petitions for child neglect were filed in Suffolk County Family Court in 2018. Safeguards ordered to protect the children included court-ordered home supervision for a period of one year, Orders of Protection for the parents to refrain from harmful behaviors towards the children and mandated participation in a Positive Parenting Program had been put in place. Subsequent to the expiration of the order of protection, CPS investigated additional complaints relating to the family. DSS is formally reviewing the management of the case to ensure that all protocols were followed in accordance with the law. Due to confidentiality mandates and the nature of this ongoing investigation, the Department cannot comment further at this time.”
Father, Fiancee Face Murder Charges In Death Of 8-Year-Old Thomas Valva On Long Island

Friday morning, police swarmed the home of the couple on Bittersweet Lane in Center Moriches, carrying out evidence as neighbors stood by aghast. Many had contributed to a *** campaign the father set up for funeral expenses, and they fear those contributions will now go to the couple’s legal defense.

On Friday afternoon, Suffolk County Department of Social Services Commissioner Frances Pierre released the following statement regarding the family’s history with the agency:

“The Department of Social Services is heartbroken by the passing of Thomas Valva. Department personnel are continuing to provide all available information on this matter to law enforcement and will continue to cooperate fully throughout the investigation. Suffolk County Child Protective Services has had involvement with the Valva/Pollina family. Petitions for child neglect were filed in Suffolk County Family Court in 2018. Safeguards ordered to protect the children included court-ordered home supervision for a period of one year, Orders of Protection for the parents to refrain from harmful behaviors towards the children and mandated participation in a Positive Parenting Program had been put in place. Subsequent to the expiration of the order of protection, CPS investigated additional complaints relating to the family. DSS is formally reviewing the management of the case to ensure that all protocols were followed in accordance with the law. Due to confidentiality mandates and the nature of this ongoing investigation, the Department cannot comment further at this time.”
Father, Fiancee Face Murder Charges In Death Of 8-Year-Old Thomas Valva On Long Island

I really hope the G.F.M. site makes sure the money raised is not used on defense.

Oh my. I found myself holding my breath as I read the MSM articles -- I wasn't aware of it till I had to take in a big, big breath.
Was he left to sleep on the floor of the garage all night? Was it concrete, i.e., cold? No coat, no blanket (as if), no heat source? Lying on that concrete would defeat his little body's ability to keep warm -- and it probably didn't take too long for him to fall into that big sleep (thank goodness).
And his mom who hadn't seen her children in a couple of years? Maybe her job schedule (working at night perhaps -- she may have had a position that required 3 shifts in a 24-hour period -- if so, that may have made it impossible for her to have shared custody. Of course a LEO would have a similar-type schedule, I would think. Whatever -- doesn't matter now. What I mess. And this darling little human paid the price.
Nineteen freakin' degrees? Just dammit.

I think it has far less to do with work schedules and way more to do with the good ole boy corruption out here in Suffolk county. The mom, an immigrant, didn’t stand a chance against dad, an LEO. Forget that she is a corrections officer and he works for NYPD and not SCPD. He still had the odds in his favor. I won’t get too political, but she was a female immigrant fighting against her male LEO ex, in a very red area. It’s no surprise that her voice seemingly went unheard. I say this as a Suffolk county resident who lives very close to where this poor baby was killed at the hands of his dad and future stepmom.

The more I read/hear, the more my stomach turns.

But Newcombe said police listened to an audio recording from Jan. 17 — the morning of the Thomas Valva's death, which began with another child in the home asking: "Why can't Thomas walk?"

According to Newcombe, Pollina answered "because he's hypothermic," adding: "When you're washed with cold water and it's freezing you get hypothermia."

Valva's voice then said, according to Newcombe: "He keeps face planting on the concrete."

Pollina replied, Newcombe said: "You know why he's falling."

And then Valva said, according to Newcombe: "Because he's cold, boo-[expletive}-hoo."

Pollina then asks Valva what he's doing, and according to Newcombe, he answered: "I'm [expletive] suffocating him, that's what I'm doing."

Cops: Boy, 8, died after being kept overnight in freezing cold garage

Last edited:
Maybe it had to do with the fact that 1) LEO and 2) nice home w/2 parents versus single working mother. Two against one single working mother.

The dad and his fiancé weren’t always together, so idk how much it made a difference during the divorce that mom is a single mom. The mom represented herself in court, and NYPD dad had an attorney, which probably had a lot to do with the outcome as well.

Brutal reading. School Involvement. CPS Involvement. And a child is DEAD. So tired of saying RIP to another innocent victim of cruel and depraved abuse in the place where he should be safest. Sending hugs to fellow readers.

I really hope the G.F.M. site makes sure the money raised is not used on defense.
Yes, hoping so, too.

Does anyone here know --
Is there any type of oversight to the awarding and use of *** funds by the recipient(s)?

This has always worried me, and it is one of several reasons why I have never donated money to a *** account.
Thanks.

Still SMH, angry and sorrowful about this situation for that little boy now gone. I've been reading about low body temps, and temps below 95 degrees F are dangerous -- SMH and almost in tears. At least this child was most likely unconscious (or whatever the state where he was in no pain) fairly quickly that horrible night. And then he was gone from his world of fear, pain and horror.

How could they???

I think it has far less to do with work schedules and way more to do with the good ole boy corruption out here in Suffolk county. The mom, an immigrant, didn’t stand a chance against dad, an LEO. Forget that she is a corrections officer and he works for NYPD and not SCPD. He still had the odds in his favor. I won’t get too political, but she was a female immigrant fighting against her male LEO ex, in a very red area. It’s no surprise that her voice seemingly went unheard. I say this as a Suffolk county resident who lives very close to where this poor baby was killed at the hands of his dad and future stepmom.

The more I read/hear, the more my stomach turns.

Cops: Boy, 8, died after being kept overnight in freezing cold garage

All good points, @bears10 -- thanks. It fills in a lot of gaps for me down here in NC, and sadly, I agree with what you said. Mom had a losing hand even before dad was dealt one. He had a nice place to live -- a "step-mom" living on the premises, upstanding employment with NYPD, etc., etc. Throw in the red part and she was done. What did mom have with which to combat all that -- not one darn thing other than her love for her flesh & blood. Obviously that wasn't enuff.

And this kind of heartless cruelty will not stop until the world stops spinning...

I let my mind wander on how this maniac will suffer in prison and then I'm like no he won't. He will be segregated not only for his crime but because of police affiliation. :mad::mad:

He will eventually be blazing eternally. At some point the judicial system needs to change. MOO

The dad and his fiancé weren’t always together, so idk how much it made a difference during the divorce that mom is a single mom. The mom represented herself in court, and NYPD dad had an attorney, which probably had a lot to do with the outcome as well.

bbm
Without a doubt. Over before it started. SMH.

If they weren’t feeding them then they weren’t providing other normal things children on the spectrum need. Things like a safe environment, supervision, hygiene skills, cognitive stimulation, physical & social therapy sessions, etc. You don’t fight for custody of your child out of spite for your ex. You fight for custody to ensure survival of your child. Pretty obvious what happened here. This little guy paid the price for his fathers anger and power trip. Hoping Mom can have her remaining two boys, and is provided the support she needs, to raise them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back