GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They evinced no regard for this child's human life," Suffolk County District Attorney Timothy Sini said after the arraignment. "They caused his death both by forcing him to sleep in frigid temperatures in the garage and then by failing to do anything to help him as he died right in front of their eyes."

Assistant District Attorney Laura Newcombe said during the arraignment of Valva and Pollina late Friday that audio files recovered from the home recorded the couple discussing the fact that the child was suffering from hypothermia, had been washed with cold water, couldn't walk and was "face-planting" on the concrete on the morning he was killed.

Newcombe said that a recording from Jan. 17, the morning of the Thomas Valva's death, began with another child asking: "Why can't Thomas walk?"

Newcombe said that Pollina answered "because he's hypothermic," adding, "When you're washed with cold water and it's freezing you get hypothermia."

Valva's voice then said, according to Newcombe: "He keeps face planting on the concrete."

Sini said he had listened to the audio himself. "I can't describe it in words," he said. "The depravity of these defendants is shocking."
NYPD Cop, Fiancee Charged With Murder in Mystery Death of 8-Year-Old Long Island Boy

WTH?!?!?! :eek::mad::( I can’t even...
SOB I have a 9 yr old son!! This poor mama & her lil boys:(:( I can not even imagine their situation...another child failed by the system.....
RIP Thomas:(:( You deserved so much better, lil buddy...

I feel such sadness for this boy. To be tortured by these monsters. A case like this should never be repeated again. The abuse was reported & documented. Authorities did nothing!
Right?!? There is PROOF & any idiot could see & KNOW these children were being abused & yet NOTHING was done?! It’s beyond baffling! Everyone that turned a blind eye needs to be held accountable! Every.Single.ONE!

Zubko-Valva said she had made numerous complaints to multiple agencies over the years about her suspicions that her husband was abusing her children. She said when she attempted to file a police report with the Suffolk County Police Department, “they just laughed at me.”

The mother said that an officer with the department “kept telling me that you are allowed to spank your children.”

But Zubko-Vavla’s concerns went far beyond spanking. She claims that her husband and his fiancée withheld food from the children as a form of punishment. The mother said that after she was reunited with her boys, at least one of her sons was ravenous and consumed two large bowls of cereal before asking when he might be able to eat again.

“It could have been stopped so long ago and it never was,” Zubko-Valva said.

According to the New York Post, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart said that authorities attempted to perform at welfare check at the residence in May 2019, but no one was home. The report does not indicate that authorities made a second attempt.
‘Boo-*advertiser censored***g-hoo’: NYPD dad accused of murder mocked his son when he couldn’t walk after being forced to sleep in freezing garage

"We believe that the 10 and 8-year-old boys were subjected to punishment including food depravation and exposure to extremely frigid temperatures. We are still investigating the extent of the abuse and if it extended to all the children," said Suffolk County Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart.

Authorities say the other children are in a safe environment.
NYPD Officer and Fiancée Face Murder Charges in 8-Year-Old Son’s Death

"The NYPD cop and his fiancée charged with murdering the officer’s 8-year-old son tried to give the impression they were the “Brady Bunch,” but behind the scenes, their home life was as far from a sitcom family as it gets, a nanny claimed.

“It’s sad. They wanted to give the impression they were the ‘Brady Brunch’ family when it was more like home crashing,” said nanny Amanda Wildman, who babysat the six kids from 2017 to 2018.

“There was always screaming. The boys were constantly being yelled at. There never was a day where somebody wasn’t screaming and the boys [would] just sit there quietly and take it,” Wildman said, adding, “The girls were always treated better than the boys.”

“If [the boys] weren’t eating their food, [Pollina] didn’t care if they had to pee, they had to sit there. They would get yelled at for not going to the toilet. It was very disturbing,” Wildman claimed.

The nanny said that in 2017, she went so far as to speak to a detective about the alleged abuse, but a formal complaint was not filed.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/nypd-...-murder-tried-to-look-like-brady-bunch-nanny/

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
And HOW could the complaint be unfounded when, at the very least, “the parents are aware the children are coming to school soiled????????” I will never understand how these monsters got custody of the boys to start with and certainly do not understand why they were left there. And yet as we all know, this happens over and over and over again. I just cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The community here is absolutely REELING ... there were so many opportunities for this boy to be saved and yet despite the appropriate initial steps being taken, the system failed him.

Some may say this a case of a police officer receiving special treatment but I just don't get it.. the physical signs of abuse were ALL THERE and were documented - is the brotherhood that tight that another human would actually allow a child to go through so much suffering and hell, at the risk of protecting someone else in that way?

I've followed this from the first morning when my local news reported his death as a fall in the driveway. Something just didn't sit right... never would I imagine the house of horrors that would be revealed.

Zubko-Valva said she had made numerous complaints to multiple agencies over the years about her suspicions that her husband was abusing her children. She said when she attempted to file a police report with the Suffolk County Police Department, “they just laughed at me.”

The mother said that an officer with the department “kept telling me that you are allowed to spank your children.”

But Zubko-Vavla’s concerns went far beyond spanking. She claims that her husband and his fiancée withheld food from the children as a form of punishment. The mother said that after she was reunited with her boys, at least one of her sons was ravenous and consumed two large bowls of cereal before asking when he might be able to eat again.

“It could have been stopped so long ago and it never was,” Zubko-Valva said.

According to the New York Post, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart said that authorities attempted to perform at welfare check at the residence in May 2019, but no one was home. The report does not indicate that authorities made a second attempt.
‘Boo-*advertiser censored***g-hoo’: NYPD dad accused of murder mocked his son when he couldn’t walk after being forced to sleep in freezing garage
They need to make those that laughed go through the same conditions. Or listen/watch the audio/video on a continuous loop.

Last edited:
One post and then I'm out of here.
Hope those two <modsnip> will be in hell for all eternity.

Too bad a child had to die for CPS to do their jobs.
And LE ignored the bio mom's pleas.
This is also on them !

Rest in peace, Thomas. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess unless you live in Suffolk county, it’s hard to understand the way things work. SCPD is notoriously corrupt, overpaid, and lazy. I am a big supporter of LE, but SCPD is not your typical LE agency. The arresting cops probably apologized to the dad as they were arresting him .. “sorry bud, we don’t want to do this, but news12 has been all over it so we have to put on a show and arrest you”.

When Pollina apparently walked into the garage and asked Valva what he was doing, Valva said: “I’m f–king suffocating him that’s what I’m doing,” prompting Pollina to say, “Take your hands off his mouth. There are people everywhere,” according to Newcombe.

Well, I'd say they're off to a great start in at least getting a manslaughter sentence.

How positively chilling this level of escalation is. We've seen its like in torture murders before; which is why I hope they throw the book at these monsters, and don't stop at manslaughter.

upload_2020-1-25_15-56-5.jpeg
Matthew Tuohy, who represents Angela Pollina, said Saturday she maintained her innocence in the murder of 8-year-old Thomas Valva, the son of NYPD cop Michael Valva, who is also charged in the boy’s horrific death.

“She loved this child,” Tuohy said of his client’s relationship with her would-be stepson.

“She is not a part of him tragically passing away. She is innocent. She happens to live at the house with the boy. I know that she had a very good relationship with him. I know that her family loved the boy very much and they were very kind to him.”

Tuohy, who spoke at the home of Pollina’s parents in Franklin Square, L.I., would not discuss the circumstances surrounding the boy’s alleged murder.

“I don’t want to make any comments about that,” the lawyer said. ”It’s too early in the case except that she mourns his passing and she is saying she is innocent and I believe her,” he said.

“It’s just speculation and conjecture at this point. I mean, you know, to say that she is the cause of his death, you know, it’s not true.”
https://nypost.com/2020/01/25/woman...0AWA1g8xZlFTzCoAZOss2A5p3ieUcenbUka5GSecFip98

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1
Back